It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LittleRose1982 HB User
Shamanism

Has anyone ever heard of or tried Shamanism? My boyfriend works with a doctor who practices it and I met with him today in an attempt to rid myself of anxiety/paranoia. It's scaring me to death, the idea of a spirit guide revealing my problems... Just wondering if anyone has ever had this experience or known of anyone who has?

Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 PM   #2

dsmoore HB User
Re: Shamanism

Yes, I have done some shamanic training. Shamans appear in all cultures. Shamans are people who can perceive multidimensional realities. One way to explain this is that if you could only see in black and white, then you would be missing out on what I see happening in colour. Similarly as you only have your five physical senses you miss out what a shaman can perceive.

If a real shaman knew your problems they would still see you as the perfect being you are, no matter what they were and no matter what you have done. At a deeper level we are all shamans who deliberately ignore our multidimensional perception in order to experience "3D" life.

The reality a shaman sees is that this world is just as much an illusion as the dream world (if not more so). Any part of this reality can be changed by mental will, just as dreams can be changed if you practice. Shamans often experience guidance from spirit guides or go on quests.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2004, 06:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LittleRose1982 HB User

It sounds absolutely fascinating and I really want to give it a try despite how scared I am. Let me ask you this: Does a Shaman see things you may not reveal to the rest of the world? Secrets you have? Also, he mentioned something about a "journey". Do you know what this involves?

Old 12-16-2004, 05:37 AM   #4

dsmoore HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRose1982
It sounds absolutely fascinating and I really want to give it a try despite how scared I am. Let me ask you this: Does a Shaman see things you may not reveal to the rest of the world? Secrets you have? Also, he mentioned something about a "journey". Do you know what this involves?
Yes, a shaman is human and may keep secrets. Yes, in a simple way, if a shaman sees someone who is to die, he may not reveal this to be so to avoid upsetting anyone.

Many shamans have passed on knowledge secretly to avoid persecution. This has basically come to an end. The knowledge is out there but may be too far from your reality for you to accept it. There is a huge outburst of spiritual information coming through at the moment. Many children are being born with greater than normal multidimensional awareness (the Indigos).

Shamans often go on a "journey" as part of an initiation.

If I am drawn to something and fearful, I go with it, as I always prefer to act out of love rather than fear. This usually involves healing the fear.

I feel what you are scared of is your own power and desire to come into acceptance of it. That is my perspective.

On your own journey, it is up to you to discriminate. Fact and fiction often come together. A lot of what anyone says, including what I am saying, may be true for you, the rest I could be added in for ego-based reasons. Deep down you know yourself, and you yourself choose what to do.

Another "secret": there is no right and wrong, only choices.

Another "secret": we are all one.

Have fun!

Old 12-22-2004, 06:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LittleRose1982 HB User

Okay, I just had my first "session" today with the Shaman. He told me he had contacted his spitit guides and gotten insight into the true cause of my anxiety. He wouldn't tell it to me though (says it's for the next session) because he said I had to first go through a process of bringing my spirit back into the parts of my body that it had escaped from. Sounds weird, I know, but it made sense when he explained it. There were parts of me that weren't balanced, and spiritually I was out of my body in those places. He put his hands on my head to "listen" for the parts of me that he needed to remove the negative energy from so my spirit could replace it. After about a minute or so of the hands on head thing, he would go to a part of my body (mostly focused on my stomach) and "pull" it out of me, and place it in a bucket of water under the table. He did this for about 45 minutes. Then after it was over, he told me I was now back in my body again. He almost welcomed me back to the world. It was odd. He told me to be mellow for the next couple days because I don't want to knock myself out of balance again. And I see him again next week. He also said I would have a spiritual encounter consisting of 4 seperate "signs" from any form of nature (trees, animals, etc...).
Anyone who knows about Shamanism, what do you think of what he did? I don't feel any different at all. I know it's just the first step, but I wish I knew what exactly is different about me now.

Old 01-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

I'm a skeptic about shamanism, I tried it years ago, never felt any better and he kept me coming back for sessions by telling me this or that would have to wait til the next session, like anything or anyone else, more money if they can keep you coming back. You may have better luck but watch your pocket book!!!!

Old 01-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Hi There, I dont really know much about the Shamanism but i would have to agree with the previous post about watching your pocketbook. I must admit it all seems just a bit too weird for me. In my opinion, if you replaced the Shamanism with a Bible, i would almost bet you would get better results!!!! But it would be what you are most comfortable with and what you want to try, and of course what works best for you! I wish you luck and i hope you get the results you are looking for!

ValleyGurl

Old 01-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Ok I saw something like this on the Discovery Channel.This is not postive feed back though. It was a hoax. The guy pulled something out of the persons stomach and it looked all bloody. Placed it into water and cleaned it up a bit and swiftly showed it to the guy that it was pulled out of. They showed how he pulled the hoax off. Now yes I believe in Shamans but one has to be careful of people taking advantage of by fakes. I have always thought that the true and the wise would tell ya the whole answer so that you can stop hurting or being confused or whatever. Shamans are there to help not book and rebook appointments. In my own opinion of course. I hope this person is on the up and up. Good Luck I hope I am wrong let us know how it goes on your next visit.

Jenteal

Closed Thread