It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Kinesiology

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Kinesiology? I'm going to be having a test done that uses specialized Kinesiology. The test is supposed to be able to measure all sorts of things including nutrients, allergens, toxins, bacteria, neurotansmitters, etc. About how accurate is Kinesiology?

Old 12-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Re: Kinesiology

I have had is done many times in different settings. I believe it truly works and is accurate. Our bodies do react to subtances or emotions ( It can also be use for emotional issues). So I trust the process.
The practioner will put a bottle or pill in your hand and then push your arm down to see how it responds to the subtance. You would think that our mind could control the outcome, but it is amazing how it doesn't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks for the reply,
I've been feeling extremely exhausted 24/7 since November of 2003. Also, my concentration is bad and my short-term memory is low. I'm going to be tested using a device called the SkaSYS. Have you heard of that device before? They are going to try and see what may be causing my symptoms.

Old 12-22-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

No, I have not hear of that devise but I can ask a few people I know who are in the natural health field.
Who is doing the kinesiology?
Also have you done blood work too? Sounds like to long a time to feel so bad.
I'll ask around but may be a week or so cause of the holiday.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Armadillo Pie,
A naturopathic doctor that I'm going to wants me to do the SkaSYS test, which involves Kinesiology. I tried getting the test done last Thursday, but I was told that I wasn't testable at that time. If a person is nervous, anxious, etc., at the time, they aren't usually testable. So they took some drops of my blood and they are going to use a surrogate person for my test. This test doesn't involve putting a bottle or other things in the hand. My brain fog is so bad, it's a little hard for me to even explain the test.

I have had blood work done. It looked like I might have a low thyroid because my TSH was high and my Free T3 was a little low in the normal range. I was put on Armour Thyroid mediction, and eventually I had my TSH and Free T3 retested. My TSH was suppressed and my Free T3 was raised, but my symptoms hadn't improved. So I've been tapering off of the thyroid medication.

My focus and short-term memory have gotten even worse in the last couple of months. I'm so exhausted all the time, that I can barely function. My naturopathic doctor thinks that I may have a problem with my adrenal glands. He had me take a saliva test, which measures Cortisol four different times of the day. It also measures DHEA. I should be getting the results soon. I did take a Cortisol saliva test a few months back which measured my Cortisol twice a day, and the results were within the normal range. Though, the naturopathic doctor said he wanted me to do the saliva test he recommends cause it's supposed to be more sensitive.

Any suggestions for me? Thanks.

Old 12-28-2004, 09:32 AM   #6
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Concerned Male,
I am so sorry you are feeling so low. My empathy is with you.
Sounds like chronic fatigue or some kind of chemical poisoning? Have you been exposed to heavy metals or chemcials? Does your body ache or hurt also?

I have had the adrenal salvia test done and found it really valuable. I had a doctor of accupunture get the results for me. My adrenals were low so he put me on DHEA and some other supplements ( Chinese and herbal). It helped me for awhile- I felt more energized and alert. Also accupunture has really helped alot with energy. It is subtle and seems to build over time, but I do feel much better now. I go weekly to a school of accupunture in my city, they have a clinic and it is not costly.

I do know that surrogates can be used for kinesiology, since my dog had it done on her and I acted as her conduit. Her vet is hollstic.

I also had blood work done and even had a conventional doctor do some testing, that way I had several opinions. There seems to be a very distinct difference in how a MD reads our blood tests compared to a non-conventional doctor. I trust the non-conventional/ or the Life Extention Doctors more.

May I ask what town/city you live in? Perhaps you can see if there is a LIfe Extention Dr. I know the ones here are expensive but I trust them. I have a friend who has prostrate cancer. He has decided to go with the LIfe Extention Dr. and he is almost cancer free now. No chemo or radiation, just what was precribed by the Dr.

I do not know if I have been of any help here, but I am so sorry you feel so badly. Please keep me informed on what happens.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Armadillo Pie,
Thanks for your support.
My body doesn't hurt or ache. Though, my body does feel weak. I don't know if I've been exposed to any chemicals or heavy metals. I do know though that it could be a possibility. I live near a nuclear power plant. Also, there is a chemical plant in my town that got into trouble for putting too much vinyl chloride into the air. Plus, there is a landfill in my town.

Concerning heavy metals, I never had any fillings until 2002. In 2002, I had three silver fillings put in. In November of 2003 is when my symptoms started, so I thought that maybe the Mercury from the silver fillings could be affecting me? Another doctor I go to didn't think that three silver fillings was enough for me to be feeling this bad. This particular doctor is an M.D., but he uses natural treatments whenever possible. I had a six hour Mercury urine test done after taking a DMPS pill. My Mercury level was 3.5 and the normal range was under 3. So my Mercury level wasn't that high. I heard the test isn't real accurate though. Do you think that the Mercury from my three silver fillings could be causing my symptoms?

Even though this doctor doesn't think my silver fillings are causing my problems, he thinks I may still have a Mercury problem, and that I could have gotten Mercury from other sources such as the air and soil. I'm not real confident in his assumption though, without any proof if Mercury is affecting me or not. I started having Glutathione IV pushes lately to try and help detoxify my body. I've had six Glutathione IV pushes so far, and I haven't noticed any difference. I've also had a total of eight Methylcobalamin B-12 shots, two shots per week, and I haven't noticed anything from them either.

I have had problems sleeping in the last couple of months or so. Do you think my sleeping problems could be causing my memory and focus to get even worse? I'm so disoriented. I can forget things from 5 seconds ago.

By the way, I'm from Pennsylvania, about an hour northwest of Philly.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:10 PM   #8
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Concerned male,
My is sounds like you live in an area that is a toxic hotbed! Also the mercury fillings could will be making you ill. I know of some people who are highly sensative to mercury and exhibit severe psychological and medical conditions, that most MD's are not aware of. Additionally, most MD's are trained to interpet tests results within a specific range . So if a test comes back a little bit to high or low they assume that all is well. But that is not always reality.
Case in point, on a different topic- a friend who was trying to get pregnant and spendling a lot of money at Dr's was told by them all her blood tests were normal and they did not know why she could not conceive. This went on for nearly two years. She then went to a Dr. here in our town who is known to practice both regular medicine but also Life Extension medicine as well. He wanted to take blood tests and she told him she had done them with other Dr.'s without anything showing up. But he insisted, so she did. Will it turned out her thyroid tests came out abit off mark, which the other Dr.'s saw but felt it was not enough to effect her getting pregnant. He told her that was the cause- put her on some medication and after 3-4 months she was pregnant!
So, who knows how accurate your reading is. Anyway, I looked up mercury fillings and illness on the web and a host of sites turned up. Check it out if you haven't yet. I would think your lack of sleep is also causing you to feel extreme fatigue. Can you take anything for that? Are you able to work with your illness?
I am not familiar with the IV drips you mentioned but I assume they are for toxicity?
Right now here in my city there is a class action law suit going on about many people having simliar types of cancer ( all students at the same high school). They think it is from an oil well that pumps on their campus and they were exposed to toxins. Erin Brockowitz is helping them fight it. The Dr's are saying it is just a coincidence, but I tend to believe not!
Anyway, keep me posted.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:54 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks Armadillo Pie,
When you had the adrenal saliva test done, how low were your adrenals if you don't mind me asking? Could you name some of the Chinese and herbal supplements that helped your energy? So you think that it might be a good idea for me to look into possibly getting accupuncture done?

Yes, I've looked up a bunch of sites concerning the dangers of Mercury in silver fillings. I'd remove the fillings quickly if I knew that was definitely causing my illness. Though, I'd need to go to a dentist that knows how to remove them safely, or the vapors while removing the fillings might cause me to feel even worse.

I've tried taking things for my sleeping problem. I think that the cause, or at last part of the cause of my trouble sleeping, has to do with my worrying that I'm never going to get better. The over the counter sleeping pills helped a little sometimes. 5 mg of Ambien didn't help and Temazepam didn't really help.

Do you know of any Life Extension doctors close by to me?

Old 12-31-2004, 10:02 AM   #10
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Concerned Male,
It has been nearly two years since my salivia test for adrenals and I remember the Dr. saying my adrenals were pretty much wiped out! I was so tire, exhausted, depressed, and lost passion for many things in my life. I knew something was wrong because these feelings were all new to me. He is a personal friend and a Dr. of Chinese medicine and he put me on several different Chinese medicines/herbs as well as sub-lingual DHEA. It took a little while and the effects were subtle, but eventually I started feeling much better. I followed this long enough to get my feet back on the ground. I do not remember the names of the medicines since many of the Chinese herbs have long and complex names. Lately I have been feelings tire again and low energy, so I asked him to give me another saliva test. I have it here at home and will take it soon. By the way , at the time I also had my regular MD do a series of tests and he said they all came out normal! So there was a conflict in how the Eastern and Western Dr.'s interpet findings.

Accupunture has been wonderful for me. I even pick up my 86 year old mother weekly for treatments and she loves it. It can be costly , perhaps your insurance covers it. If not, maybe check in Philly and see if they have a accupunture clinic there for students who are doing their intern work. That is what I do now- I have been going to a clinic for 6 months and have a woman who will be opening up her own practice soon work with me. She does accupunture and also prescribes Chinese Herbs. I think she is very professional and I feel it has really been a good addition to my life.

As for the Life Extension Dr.'s, I would recommend going to their web site- Life Extension and doing a search or calling their toll free number and asking them if they have a listing of Dr'.s in your area. In the city I live in which happens to be Los Angeles, there are several here that are very good. They tend to be costly and attract the Hollywood/Beverly Hills crowd because they have such good results, so getting an appointment sometimes takes a long time. Maybe you can go to some of their websites and E mail them with some questions?

It seems that we have to really pursue and search for good care these days. I know that I am always seeking alternative answers/treatments that my traditional Dr. never seems be able to answer.

Please keep me updated on your progress . In the meantime, I wish you a Happy New Year and hope that this year brings insight, clarity, and Peace.

Old 12-31-2004, 11:28 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

How do you know if a life extension dr is credible? What type of schooling do they have and where do they get it? I'm not too keen on Drs in general including non conventional, alternative types. So how does one find out their credintials? Before I see a conventional dr I check out his history so could I do that with life extension drs as well? There are alot if not more kooky alternative therapies than conventional so before I try I like to know who I;m going to. My acupunture tech is very open to complimentary medicene as one size doesn't necessarily fit all when it comes to any form of medicene. Both have their quacks as well as sincere and money grabbers alike. So since my acupuncture guy is gone for another month in the Bahamas do you know how I can find a life extension dr as I'm willing to give them a try!!!

Old 01-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #12
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Dr.'s who practice life extension are regular MD's who also incorporate alternative medicine, such as vitamins, herbs, etc. into their practice. They have a more wholistic approach to diagnosing and treating illnesses. They do not treat symptoms but work to find the underlying cause of an illness and then rid the body of it. Unlike many tradition Dr.'s who only treat through medication. They look at test results more open minded and do not approach medicine from the typical school med. doctors are taught. Dr. Andrew Weil does not call himself a Life Extension Dr. but he is along those lines in that he approaches illness from a holistic approach. Check out their web site. The organization is credited with funding hundreds of studies on different herbs, vitamins, and alternative approaches. They have made many of the supplements you find in health food stores available through their extensive research.

Old 01-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

I like Dr Andrew Weil, read many of his books! I'll study up more on this but Weil is an awesome Dr and to me he looks like a big teddy bear kind of guy anyway.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Yes. I used to work in a holistic doctors office who did it. They have a huge selection of all known allergens and then will have you hold a vial of the substance and then have you put your arm out and will push it down. If there is a weak resistance to the arm being pushed down it is considered that you are allergic to that product. They will then dillute the concentrate with saline and you apply it sublingually a few times a day. The logic is that the small dose of the offending substance will cause your body to react and that over time your body will provide its own defense rather than having allergic reaction.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #15
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Concerned Male,
I was wondering how you are feeling this week? Have any results come in or any of the meds working for you yet? Any closer to finding out what is going on with you?

Closed Thread