It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #1

Blue102 HB User
Homemade cleansing tea...?

I've been reading a lot about herbal remedies and such lately. I'm particularly fascinated and disgusted with the idea of parasites and yeast overgrowth in the body. I wonder if some of my health issues (tiredness, crankiness, depression, shortness of breath) might have to do with these things!

I want to do a colon and liver cleanse, but can't afford it at the moment. They are pretty expensive. So, I took to the kitchen and did some experimenting. I made a 'tea' by boiling water, ginger, onion, garlic, ground cloves, and lemon juice, and drank three cups of it. It was pretty nasty.

My question is for anyone who has more experience with natural remedies than I have: Is there a cheap, efficient way to do a cleanse at home? Or, can I keep drinking my homemade tea and hope that it might work? What do you guys think?

Old 01-05-2005, 07:23 AM   #2

Kippie HB User
Re: Homemade cleansing tea...?

Wow, I have the EXACT same question. All the detoxes and cleanses I have looked at cost a lot more money than I can afford. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it as well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

I do a liver cleanse almost every morning before a meal. The juice of one lemon, 3 oz aloe vera juice (get the one with 10 herbs if you can), liquid milk thistle (comes in a 2 oz plastic container), liquid garlic (comes in 2 0z liquid container) and olive oil. You can also add liquid green tea extract also in a 2oz container. Add some water to this. This is not all all unpleasant tasting esecially with the fresh lemon. For the colon you need to purchase a high quality phyllium powder in a health food store. This you would take at bedtime at least 4 hour away from your dinner. Follow instruction carefully making certain you use lots of liquid. I use a blender to mix. Take this every night for at least 3 months then every other night. Another excellent liver cleanse is juicing using dandellion, beets and carrots. As I mentioned in a previous message, I had a very high ALT which concerned me. After following the above it went back to normal. I also took (which is optional) 400mg of SAMe each morning on an empty stomach. All of the above except for the SAMe can be done very cheaply and it's all natural and your liver and colon will love you. Prevention is the best medicine.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #4

Blue102 HB User

Thanks! That seems doable. And a lot less disgusting.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
(male)

greensky HB User

If you by yeast overgrowth are thinken of Candida then I, if you havn't already, surgest you read the thread "Another cleanse question"

Last edited by greensky; 01-05-2005 at 03:28 PM.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #6
(female)

momof752 HB User

There are many different ways for you to cleanse your body every day. You can find some natural products that are not expensive but, even cheapier. The problem with our world today is that we have become the testing rats for so many companies and are not aware of it. No matter how much we do to cleanse are bodies out unless you make a change in your every day products and living it is not good enough. You would be amazed at what some of the bigger companies are using in their products that are harming us and causing us problems with our health and we don't even know it. We just want quick and easy and don't care what it cost us in the long run. Every one need to educate themselves a little more about a total health change to achieve what they are looking for. Good luck

Closed Thread