It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User
Fatigue and no energy....PLEASE HELP !

I have been having extreme fatigue and energy loss for quite sometime now and it just seems to get worse. I currently take a complex multi-vitamin, B-12 and Spirolina everyday and dont really feel to much different. Please, I am so tired of being tired. Can someone help me? Please, any suggestions would be sooooo greatly appreciated! Thanks, ValleyGurl

Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Fatigue and no energy....PLEASE HELP !

Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough sleep?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygurl
I have been having extreme fatigue and energy loss for quite sometime now and it just seems to get worse. I currently take a complex multi-vitamin, B-12 and Spirolina everyday and dont really feel to much different. Please, I am so tired of being tired. Can someone help me? Please, any suggestions would be sooooo greatly appreciated! Thanks, ValleyGurl
Do you feel ill as well as fatigued? If so, you could possibly have CFIDS. Visit the CFIDS board here and also the CFIDS Foundation Home page by doing a search on google.

Last edited by peregrine; 01-07-2005 at 02:56 AM.

Old 01-07-2005, 06:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

How's your diet? How much protein do you eat? How much do you eat of grain products, particularly wheat?

Old 01-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygurl
Home much water do you drink?

What do you eat on a regular day?

How often do you exercise?

Do you take any medication/drugs?

How is the air quality in your home?

Old 01-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I see you are a veggie. I use to be a 100% veggie till I felt like you described. In my case my body was depleted of fat and protein. Trust me I did not want to eat either. I discovered protein drinks. Whey, Soy and Egg whites. I mixed a scoop of egg protein vanilla flavored with water, ice, table spoon of honey, and either strawberries or bananas in a blender and WHAAA LAAA. In a few days I was feeling much better. I always go with the vitamins and minerals before I choose medications. I learned the hard and miserable way that for me medications masked the problems until it became severe. A bottle of vitamins is alot cheaper to try first for a few weeks before I spend major money on doctors.

Jenteal

Last edited by Jenteal; 01-08-2005 at 06:57 PM.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #7
Inactive

mlgable HB User

The first thing you need to do is get your iron level checked to be sure you aren't anemic. If you iron level checks out OK then be sure it isn't caused by any medications you may be taking or by side effects of the meds. Be sure you are taking a good multivitamin supplement and be sure it is one that your body will be able to break down into usable subtances. Be sure you are eating a well balanced diet that is low in carbs and surgar as carbs turn directly into glucose which causes your blood sugar to rise quickly but without any protein to sustain you level you blood sugar will crash fast leaving you feeling weak and fatigued.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

See I did that but it came back with crzay results. My iron was fine but my red blood cells were very low. Went to other doctors same results. Through the years I have found by trial and error what makes be feel good and awful from the minerals and vitamins. Actually my body was very low in amino acids. I try to go once a year or 2 years for a full blood work up and a FSH test.

Jenteal

Old 01-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #9
Inactive

mlgable HB User

If your red blood cells are low that is an indication that you are losing blood somewhere and are indeed having anemia. This needs to be checked out more thoroughly to find out why your RBC's are low. If two docs both told you your RBC's were low but didn't do more checking to find out where the blood loss is coming from you need to find a doc who will get to the bottom of this. Good luck.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I did have it all checked all. Had tons of ultrasounds, xrays, test after test. Even had exploratory surgery. NADA all is fine that was 7 years ago and the tests all remain the same. It's a mystery to all. I said it before on another post that I need to dedicate my body to science. Things that are suppose to make me relax make me hyper. My body chemical confused.

Jenteal

Old 01-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

OK EVERYONE, i will give you all the facts and then maybe you all might be able to pin point my problem better!

A few years ago i was feeling very fatigued and low energy, at times it felt like my heart just had to work overtime for me to do anything!!! I just turned 36 yesterday! I was wondering if it might be my bloodpressure, went to the docs and it was high so i was started on a low dose BP med. That just didnt help, still felt the same way.

Then wouldnt ya know it, i herniated discs in my neck. I sufferred with the pain for a little while because i basically went undiagnosed. I eventually couldnt take the pain anymore and was put on narcotic pain killers. Everyone told me that with taking the med i would be even more tired. Well, the complete opposite. They helped the pain tremendously as well as gave me energy and made me feel like my old self. Due to a few factors..... i remained on the narcotic pain killers on and off for the past 3 years. I had so much pain and i could not afford surgery because i had no health insurance. Then i was able to have the surgery last April, now i am sorry that i did because the pain in my neck is much worse now than before the surgery. I am still having some tests to find out why the pain is still there. Even during the times that i was narcotic free i would just go back to the same way i felt in the beginning.
This past year the docs just went overboard with the pain meds, so now i am working on getting off all meds. I have also given up the BP pills and have been able to remain stable. I was way up on a high dose of 75mcgs. of a Duragesic patch, which did not make me tired either. Anyways i am completely off the narcotic pain pills and am weaned all the way down to 25mcg of the duragesic patch. So I will sum it all up:

Diet: I DEFINATELY DO NOT DRINK NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH WATER!
I dont have much of an appetite, so for breakfast and lunch
I will drink a can of ENSURE. Then eat a small dinner.

Medications: Cymbalta 60mgs. (anti-depressant)
Duragesic Patch 25mcg. (changed Q 3 days)

Vitamins & Supplements: Complete Multi-vitamin
Vitamin B-12 complex
Spirolina (3 pills a day)

General Health: I have the constant neck pain, as well as i have
chronic back pain and sometimes my hips will
hurt as well. If i walk to much or do anything
that requires a slight over usage of my muscles
I will hurt for days, I will feel like i worked out at
a gym!!!!! Also for example: like if i run into the
store to get a gallon of milk, if i carry it or hold
it to long, when i put it down my arm will be very
shakey. It is really bad!

Lifestyle: I have a alot of stress all the time! I am a full time
mom of 5 kids of my own and then my best friend
past away a few short months ago and now i am
starting all over again because i now am raising her
two small children ages 4 and 7. I also am on call
alot and do prehospital emergency care. I have the
financial stress that alot of people do these days.
I had become sooo depressed and had been on
Lexapro for a long time, when the depression
became more than i could bare a month ago that
is when i was put on the Cymbalta, which is
working very well.

I have looked up the Chronic Fatigue symptoms and i have sooo many that it is scary. I tried to talk to my doc about it but i dont really think he believes that it even exists. He wants to do a bunch of tests and i just dont have any insurance at this time. So far he did bloodwork for something with my muscles and that was ok. He also checked my Thyroid and that was ok, as i have not been notified of otherwise as of yet. I am just soooo tired of being tired and feeling soooooo yucky ALL THE TIME.
I SURE HOPE THAT SOMEONE CAN HELP ME!!!!! .......PLEASE.......

ValleyGurl (Wendy)

Old 01-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #12
Inactive

mlgable HB User

One thing I forgot to mention was if you drink diet soda with Asapartame in it that could be part of your problem. Also since your mutivitamin is NOT helping with your low energy then it is time to switch brands and find one that does help increase your energy. For the chronic neck pain you might want to try adding tea tree oil to your favorite arthristis rub and try that. Another combination that might help is DMSO added to blue emu ointment/gel. I would also consider seeing a massage therapist if there is one near you and if money is a problem look to see if there is a massage therapy school in your area as they may charge very little to have the students practice on you. I am not sure if glucosamine would help with your problems but that is another thing that might be worth a try. As for chronic fatigue syndrome...........look in your phonebook or online in your area for someone who specializes in that area or who at least treats that type of a patient. If you are unsure where to look let me know what city you are near and I could do some online searches for you. Good Luck.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

ya know all those things that you described that hurt you are what I have. Mine started with working at Office Depot as stocker and loading trucks. I pulled something under my leftarm by the ribs. haed pains for ever. Went to a chiro never got better just delt with the pain. Then I cockatiled for 10 years. The problem is a combined factor of my hips rotated to the right and that put my whole skeltal fame out of wack. Now my c1 and c4 are acting funny. Think by any slight chance that the Dr.s could be wrong? Maybe it's something like me. Even if they were to fix my c1 and 4 in a few years it would be back the same way since my hips are out of place.

Jenteal

Old 01-10-2005, 10:18 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenteal
ya know all those things that you described that hurt you are what I have. Mine started with working at Office Depot as stocker and loading trucks. I pulled something under my leftarm by the ribs. haed pains for ever. Went to a chiro never got better just delt with the pain. Then I cockatiled for 10 years. The problem is a combined factor of my hips rotated to the right and that put my whole skeltal fame out of wack. Now my c1 and c4 are acting funny. Think by any slight chance that the Dr.s could be wrong? Maybe it's something like me. Even if they were to fix my c1 and 4 in a few years it would be back the same way since my hips are out of place.

Jenteal
Hi, Thanks for your reply! It's really funny you should mention the problem with your hips, i really should get it checked. My older brother has something wrong with his lower back/hip area, he is not very medical knowledgeable so all he could tell me is that it is something genetic, a missing bone that he was born without. I would greatly accept any info you have to offer! Thanks a bunch! ValleyGurl

To the previous post: I dont drink any type of diet soda or anything with asparteme in it.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

You have a lot of things going on in your life and with your health, so it will be a bit hard to narrow it all down. Could be any of the things already mentioned, or it might be a combination.

But the fact that you say you have a lot of chronic fatigue symptoms is revealing. I want to stress to you that your thyroid may not be as healthy as you assume it to be.
First, three of the most common symptoms of low thyroid, known as hypothyroidism, are fatigue, achy weak muscles, and depression. A lot of the others are similar to those of CFS.
Second, most doctors don't know how to interpret thyroid tests; in fact, they usually don't even know the best ones to do.

I invite you to get a copy of those thyroid labs and post them over on the Thyroid Disorders Healthboard. We can help you determine if your thyroid really is working well for you.

Hope you get it all figured out soon!

Closed Thread