It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #1

Blue102 HB User
Detox recipe

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm having fun with this herbal detox stuff. Here's a recipe I invented. I invite you guys to try it out and give me some feedback:

Half a red onion (chopped), 2 cloves garlic (chopped), 1 apple (cored and sliced), about two cups of chopped ginger (boiled in 2 cups water), half a cup sugar (hard core detoxers might not want the suger, but I had to have it), 2 cups apple juice, 2 cups cranberry juice. Put all of it, incuding water from boiled ginger, into blender and blend. Heat before drinking.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by flgirl24; 01-12-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Re: Detox recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl24
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm having fun with this herbal detox stuff. Here's a recipe I invented. I invite you guys to try it out and give me some feedback:

Half a red onion (chopped), 2 cloves garlic (chopped), 1 apple (cored and sliced), about two cups of chopped ginger (boiled in 2 cups water), half a cup sugar (hard core detoxers might not want the suger, but I had to have it), 2 cups apple juice, 2 cups cranberry juice. Put all of it, incuding water from boiled ginger, into blender and blend. Heat before drinking.

Let me know what you think.
It would make no sense to include sugar in a detox coz sugar is the stuff you're trying to get OUT of your system!!! Omit the sugar and you might be there. Also, boiling the fruit/veg takes away a good portion of the nutrients. Soak, maybe, instead of boil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
(female)

WxK HB User

If you are already helathy and can handle a real detox that will kill all the parasites in you system try the black walnut shell hulls (green) and wormwood complex with clove flower liquid herbal extract- this with a psyllium & bentonite shake will totally change your life.

Old 01-13-2005, 04:43 AM   #4

Blue102 HB User

Thanks for your replies, guys. Veggiegirl, you're right about the sugar. I guess I was mainly thinking of it as a colon cleanse rather than a detox, but still, sugar would be counterproductive. I'm a little 'green' to this natural remedy stuff, if you will! (Sorry.)

Anyway, I know this isn't a recipe posting board, but thanks for the educated feedback.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
Inactive

alptraum HB User

Instead of boiling, perhaps steam instead? The vegetables will still soften up so they are easy to puree in the blender.

I'm not sure why you originally put sugar in the recipe, if it is for improving the taste I'd use maple syrup, honey, agave nectar or molasses instead, the refined white sugar sorta defeats the intended purpose.

Last edited by alptraum; 01-16-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
(male)

mikeb HB User
Smile Re: Detox recipe

"If you are already helathy and can handle a real detox that will kill all the parasites in you system try the black walnut shell hulls (green) and wormwood complex with clove flower liquid herbal extract- this with a psyllium & bentonite shake will totally change your life."

Hey Wxy, what kind of results did you see with this recipe? Where did you find this one?

Old 06-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #7
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I have not done it but my friend who had candida and parasites did the wormwood and walnut mixture for few months and he was able to eliminate them cimpletely. But he also had to stop all sugar and wheat ( which feeds candida).

Closed Thread