It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #1

Chrislynn HB User
Mixing Homeopathic Remedies

I was wondering if it is okay to take 2 homeopathic medicines at the same time? I found two remedies that I would like to try. (both for headaches).

Old 01-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User
Re: Mixing Homeopathic Remedies

No probs matey to mix two at the same time. homeopathic remedies do not interact with each other in any way. the only thing i would say is don't try using aromatherapy at all whilst using the homeopathic remedies- any strong smells antidote homeopathic remedies. the same can be said in regards to smoking, alcohol, coffee tec.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Can you explain that some more? Why does aromatherapy cancel out homeopathic stuff? And what about smoking, alcohol, and cafiene?

Old 01-17-2005, 01:18 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget
Can you explain that some more? Why does aromatherapy cancel out homeopathic stuff? And what about smoking, alcohol, and cafiene?
firstly, i am not sure of the exact science as to why this is the case. i didn't know this until recently, when i read it in a book called "the A to Z of aromatherapy". you might have to research it more on the net.
when i say that aromatherapy has an antidote effect on homeopathic remedies this applies more to remedies that you are using over a long period for chronic conditions. for example, if you you were taking remedies for a condition that wasn't gonna get better immediaitely (eg. depression). aromatherapy could not be used in this case at all as any strong smells antidote homeopathic remedies and the remedy wouldn't have had time to take proper effect. however, aromatherapy can be used along side homeopathy when it is acute conditions being treated. for example, a person taking a remedy for a headache that cleared up after taking the remedy could then use aromatherapy oils as the homeopathic remedy would already have been effective. the rule is that strong smells antidote homeopathic remedies, whether it be aromatherapy oils, coffee (or your girlfriends smelly socks! ). but this only applies to chronic conditions where there is no immediate effect obtained from the remedy, rather than accute conditions where there often is immediate relief.

Closed Thread