It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Coffee?

Yeah, I'd call myself a bit of an addict...not as bad as I used to be...I mean, it doesn't make me as hyper now, since I'm drinking a lot more water, and some days just skip the coffee all together and drink teas instead. It used to be that coffee was like all I drank...ick. :P Anyone get off coffee all together? how do you start your mornings? :P Share your thoughts about it...please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 01:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User
Re: Coffee?

try something that is naturaly stimulating. taking 500mg of panax ginseng on an empty stomach on rising before breakfast maximises its stimulating effects. you could also try drinking ginseng tea. the amino acid L-Tyrosine is converted into the dopamine and noradrenaline, hormones which result in mental alertness. take two 500mg tablets on an empty stoamch on rising before breakfast. a morning bath of stimulating essential oils such as rosemary and grapefruit can be very stimulating, especially if it follows a really good nights sleep induced by relaxing ois such as lavender and clary sage. exercise in the morning energises and invigorates- the initial energy outlay leads to a renewed sense of energy and is even better if the exercise is done outside as fresh air on its own is invigorating. finally, invent a time machine and become a school kid again ("do the people in your work place have energy even without coffee?") .
all of the above, (esp. the last point!) should leave you..................................

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
(male)

greensky HB User

I did it by not taking any stimulants at all including sugar. I was doing the Candida diet and cut out all stimulants. At first it was tough but I quickly started feeling better and more energetic. I did this until I no longer felt the need for stimulants. I then started drinking tea but not coffee. Later I switched to green tea. I drink two cups in the morning, and that’s fine for the rest of the day. I now very rarely drink a cup of coffee and it doesn’t make me want to drink it regularly.

I also stopped smoking. These two drugs have an interacting effect that makes it more difficult to just stop one of them.

Old 01-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #4

Blue102 HB User

Hi, are we talking about COFFEE here? That's my cup of tea... I mean, cup of coffee... never mind....

My question is, why does the Candida diet cut out stimulants? Do stimulants make Candida worse? Because, I'm a coffee addict (1 to 5 cups a day), and I have recently begun to have some issues with Candida as well...

If I die caffienated, I will die happy, but maybe I should change that perspective.....

Last edited by flgirl24; 01-17-2005 at 02:31 PM.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
(male)

greensky HB User

Candida feeds on sugar and yeast. I’m not sure why it is recommended not to take stimulants on the Candida diet. I don't think they are the most important not to take on the diet. Maybe it’s just to optimize your health while you are on the diet. I did it anyway, also because I wanted to try and remove every thing I was "addicted" to and give my body a rest.

Kicking the Coffee wasn’t the hardest part, well maybe the first few days, but it quickly got easier. For me the sugar took the longest to be able to do without.

It wasn’t my plan to stop drinking coffee. I wanted to kick the habit and then maybe once a year take a break for a couple of weeks. To be, apart from the health benefits, in control of what I eat and not the other way around. But I just lost any need to drink coffee and don’t miss it.

Last edited by greensky; 01-17-2005 at 04:39 PM.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

When I need to get off coffee, like if I stressed out whatever, or just am drinking way too much...I have no problem doing it, and sometimes do for a few days, to a week at a time...sometimes more. But I always seem to go back to it. I've started cutting it out in the week, just so I'm not all extra hyper in school. :P

Old 02-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

Anyone heard of the "latest" studies coming out of Europe? Also heard part of it on national T.V. the other night.

Showing caffeine can help prevent alzheimers & parkinson's, and as much as 50% showed fewer liver cancers.

Go figure!!

carole

P.S. also they're doing studies on "cocoa"; results I haven't heard.

Old 02-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Coca has chemicals in it called phenols. These may stop low-density lipoproteins (bad cholesterol) from forming the plaque that can clog arteries. Cocoa has more disease-fighting antioxidants than tea or red wine and if you have hot coca the heat may help propel them into the bloodstream. Results of many tests suggest that cocoa is more beneficial to health than teas and red wine in terms of its higher antioxidant capacity and ability to fight damage leading to heart disease and cancer. Unsweetened powdered cocoa contains the highest quantity of flavonoids, followed by dark chocolate and then milk chocolate. So when you go to grab a choclate candy bar read the label and buy the ones that say coca in it. Like the Godiva brand.
Cocoa had 611 mg of phenols and 564 mg of flavonoids.
Red wine had 340 mg of phenols and 163 mg of flavonoids.
Green tea had 165 mg of phenols and 47 mg of flavonoids.
Black tea had 124 mg of phenols and 34 mg of flavonoids.

Jenteal

Old 02-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

I LOVE my morning coffee, I don't know what I'd do without it, lol. The rest of the day I sip on green tea, unless I'm REALLY tired and I'll have a few cups during the day. All in all, I only drink about 2 cups of coffee in the morning and about 2-3 cups of green tea a day along with lots of water. I wish I could give up that morning cofee, but it's so hard!lol

Closed Thread