It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
(male)

petimager HB User
any thing that has helped others with firbormyalgia,TMJ disorder & lumbar facet syndr

I'm a 44 white male that has a severe case of fibromyalgia & temporomandibular joint disorder & lumbar spine discogenic syndrome ,lumbar facet syndrome . I have problem bending backward & forwards & turning at my waist. I do take pain management medications. I would like to know if any thing has helped others with fibromyalgia. With a number of supplements on the market I'm not sure which I would actually benefit from . I could spend thousands of dollars and just as well have burned my money with so many products on the market that claim to help. I have tried such products & did not get any help . I would appreciate any help suggestions negative or positive that has helped others . Sincerely suffering & enduring chronic pain live in northeastern Pa.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

marcyandryan HB User
Thumbs up Re: any thing that has helped others with firbormyalgia,TMJ disorder & lumbar facet syndr

Hi Petimager,
I also have fibromyalgia and have had it all my life.I have tried different pain meds and not too much has helped me. The best help that I have found, and this may sound crazy to you, is to be as active as possible. Start with stretching excersices every morn. and start some sort of exercise program even if its just walking. I found this out by accident years ago before i retired i got a job as a housekeeper in a nursing home, which ended up becoming a maintanance position. Well, the first day i was ready to quit with the sweeping and mopping and va****** and all the bending and carrying garbage cans out to the trash. i felt as if i had been run over by a truck. Even though i wanted to quit I couldnt afford to so I stuck it out and after about 2 weeks the pain went away and i started feeling very strong and well. As long as I worked there I felt fine. but when I finally quit the pain started coming back. so I started doing stretching excersices every morn and gardening and any thing i could do to be active. and this is what I have continured to do since then. and i feel good most of the time . Sometimes I get pain or ache. but I just take a darvocet or use a rice bag heated up in microwave. and it passes. I have also found that water aerobics work well too. I hope this will help you and eventho you may feel alot of pain at first stick it through and you will see the benefits. Good Luck Leolathemouse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #3

Blsed4Life HB User
Re: any thing that has helped others with firbormyalgia,TMJ disorder & lumbar facet syndr

I was disagnosed with FM after completing Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer. I have also read that book referenced above, and it provides a lot of information. I got so tired of taking large amounts of meds that did nothing to really help me, only cover up my symptoms. There were so many days I spent in bed, unable to move and function because I feel to bad. I started doing some research and began reading a lot of info on Acupuncture and Herbs.

So I thought what the heck, couldn't hurt right???? I found a Chiropractor who specialized in pain managment, so I began doing Acupuncture and Chiropractic Adjustments twice a week, and then began adding in Vitamins and Supplements and deleting prescribed medication. After about two months, my condition improved so much, that I began to delete all of the meds I was taking for the pain. Now, 5 months later, I am down to once a week with Acupuncture and Adjustments, and I take a variety of vitamins and supplements recommended by my Herbologist.

I know a lot of people look at Alternative Treatment as a hoax or non-productive, and I admit, i was a bit skeptical, but after seeing and feeling the results myself, I have no doubt about it at all. Please keep in mind, that this form of treatment does take a little while to begin positive effects, however, i started seeing change in as little as three weeks. 5 months later, i have a more active and productive life, and I feel so much healthier. Good Luck!!

Closed Thread