It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

Marsanne HB User
Antibiotic replacements?

I am looking for something natural for an antibiotic. Currently I am allergic to penicillin, cephlosporins, quinolins, and sulpha drugs. This leaves me almost high and dry with antibiotics and I don't know what else to turn to. I have heard of collidal silver? Is this a good replacement, any other suggestions? For sinusitus.
I also wondered if anyone knew of a good sleep aid for my hyperactive son. We have been giving him small doses of Melatonin, but it seems to be loosing it's effectiveness and before I up the dose I thought if I can alternate it with something that it may be more effective.
Also...I have been diagnosed with CFS/Fibromyalgia but was given no direction from my dr as to what I can do. I asked about nutrition or an herbal supplements and he gave me a "what are you crazy" look and laughed. Told me just to take a daily vitamin.
Any suggestions??? What about these protien shakes...I need to loose weight not gain, will these add on the lbs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 02:13 AM   #2

Newtocp HB User
Re: Antibiotic replacements?

Hello,

Im not sure about for sininitus but grapeseed extract and oil of oregano are some options to look into.

For your son have you thought about trying 'calm child' it a herbal tinctiture mix you can get for gets that are 'hyper' and its suppose to calm their system. Best of luck

Steph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 05:37 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

hi there. ginger root and garlic both have anti-biotic actions. echinachea boosts the immune system. ginseng also has the same effect. apples have an anti-viral effect; eat apples at-least three times a day or alternatively drink a pint of apple juice (even supermarket apple juice should help). take zinc and vitamin C supplements- both are vital for healthy immune function. lavender essential oil has an immuno stimulant and is also an anti-biotic. finallly, specifically for sinusitus (these are essential oils): sinusitis with head pain, use eucalyptus and lavender; with congestion, use basil; with catarrh, use eucalytus and sandalwood.

for your son, try lavender essential oil in a bath 3 drops diluted in 15ml of carrier oil) and then a drop on his pillow.

hopes this helps,

alex

Old 01-25-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Any alternative remedies will work best starting from a firm base. How well are you both eating? Plenty of veggies/fruits? Minimal refined, processed products?

Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy83
lavender essential oil has an immuno stimulant and is also an anti-biotic. finallly, specifically for sinusitus (these are essential oils): sinusitis with head pain, use eucalyptus and lavender; with congestion, use basil; with catarrh, use eucalytus and sandalwood.

for your son, try lavender essential oil in a bath 3 drops diluted in 15ml of carrier oil) and then a drop on his pillow.
alex
I must add, it is VERY important to note that essential oils should NEVER be used internally unless under the supervision of an experienced herbalist or doctor.

Closed Thread