It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Homeopathic Remedies

I was wondering how effective homeopathic remedies can be for illnesses and disorders? I've never tried a homeopathic remedy yet. I'd like to know if they are worth looking into?

Old 01-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
(female)

ohnotagain HB User
Re: Homeopathic Remedies

Homeopathics are well worth giving a try. I am trying to think of the easiest way to describe this to you. A therapist will get as much information fromyou about yourself as possible, not just the symptoms of what you are trying to treat. Your treatment is based on using a remedy which is similar to the illness. For example: There are two distinct approaches to illness- one way is by 'opposite', and the other by 'similars'. Orthodox doctors and healers use the 'opposite method'..
Let me try this another way...An orthodox doctor would treat a child who had been poisened by eating belladonna berries and who has developed high fever, and dry burning heat, dilated pupils with light sensitivity, by killing the pain to inhibit the nerve sensations......A Homeopath would use the pain as part of the remedy and therefor administer Belladonna.
Thus using the law of similarity. Homepathics can be given safely on newborn babies and during pregnancy,. The remedies are made mostly from plans and animal extracts and minerals, and given in tablet form [under the tongue], but can be bought as powders and tinctures.
I hope you consider this an option for yourself. I am happy to help with any other questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 07:28 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

depending on the condition being treated, the time it takes for the remedy to take effect may vary. chronic conditions, especially those of a phychological nature may take much longer to treat than acute conditions. for example, a person taking a remedy for depresssion may have to take the remedy for several months, but someone taking a remedy for a relatively mild physical condition may experience relief much quicker.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks for the replies,
As for my condition, I started feeling exhausted in November of 2003. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I'm always very fatigued. I've been to a sleep lab center, and they didn't find a sleeping disorder. I tried drinking a lot of caffeine to try and get more energy, but the caffeine didn't give me any energy. Doctors put me on a stimulant called Ritalin. I wasn't sure if I wanted to start taking it, but I decided to take it cause I thought it might give me at least a little boost of energy. The Ritalin didn't give me any energy at all.

At the same time that I started feeling exhausted in November of 2003, I also started having symptoms such as concentration problems and short-term memory loss. Within the last few months, my short-term memory and confusion have gotten really bad. I forget things that were said to me less than 10 seconds ago, and I can forget things that I just did. I also am having trouble doing simple everyday things. When I try to do something, I forget the normal sequence of steps that I usually go through.

I have had several lab tests done. The Complete Blood Count always comes back normal. I did a Cortisol saliva test for my adrenal glands, and that came back normal. I had a Candida blood test done, and that came back normal. My doctor said the test isn't real accurate, so he gave me a trial dose of anti-fungal medication to see if I possibly did have Candida. The anti-fungal medication didn't help at all.

I thought that maybe my three amalgam fillings might be causing problems. I had read about the problems some people have with the Mercury that is in the amalgams. Cause I never had any fillings until 2002. In 2002, I had three amalgams put in. Then I started having symptoms the next year in 2003, so I thought that might not be a coincidence. My doctor didn't think three amalgams was enough to be causing my symptoms, but he had me take a six hour Mercury urine test anyway. The test came back just a little high. It was 3.5 and the normal range is under 3.

My doctor thought that I may have a low thyroid problem because my TSH level was high on the thyroid test. I was put on Armour Thyroid medication in September of 2004, and eventually increased to 120 mg a day. After taking the thyroid medication for about two months, I was tested again because the medication wasn't helping my symptoms at all. My TSH level was suppressed below the normal range and my Free T3 level was at a good spot. So my doctor then had me start to taper off of the thyroid medication. I've had other lab tests done also such as the Lyme disease test which came back normal.

I also wanted to say that there is a chemical plant in my town that has gotten in trouble year after year for releasing too much vinyl chloride into the air. In fact, each year this chemical plant ranked either first or second in the nation in the amount of vinyl chloride that was released into the air. There is a landfill in my town that some people believe could be causing health problems. There is also a nuclear power plant right outside of my town. Investigations have been going on to find out why the cancer rate is so high in this area. Both my dad and grandfather developed cancer in the past, and they are in remission.

Sorry that I'm writing so much. Recently, I had a kinesiology test done by a naturopathic doctor to see if any problem areas came up. The test is done using something called the SkaSYS and involves bio-energy. One of the things that came up was the HPA-Axis. The computer then decides which homeopathic remedy is best for that problem. So then the naturopathic doctor gave me that homepathic remedy, but I haven't tried it yet.

To be honest, I'm still skeptical that a homeopathic remedy could help me since my symptoms are so severe. Though, I'll see if this homeopathic remedy helps me at all. I just wish I could definitely find out what the problem is, and try to correct it. Cause I'm not able to drive, not able to work, not able to do much of anything.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
Inactive

mariepom HB User

Hi concerned male,

Maybe you should be more concerned about the mercury. I know I had some fatigue in my arms. I could hardly lift them up without them feeling to heavy and tired. After I had part of my mercury fillings removed the weakness in my arms disappeared. I have other health problems like burning mouth syndrome and some chemical sensitivities.
I went to see a homeopathic doctor to have my dental fillings tested to make sure they were compatible. He used a machine ...not sure what he called it but it is like a vega or eav machine. ( It can check different parts of your body and tell you what is going on.)
I told him about my burning tongue and he said that it was caused by pesticide overload. He made me a tincture to take ....but like you I am a little bit leary about taking it because that is the first time ever going to a homeopath. I decided to try detoxing using a infrared sauna. I am reading Sherry Rogers book detoxify or die.
I still might take the tincture later when I get brave.lol
Check out "bodyscan 2010" ....I think this will eventually be the way of the future.

Old 04-11-2005, 11:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks,
I saw some homeopathic remedies for fatigue/exhaustion at some health food stores. It said that they were for mild fatigue/exhaustion though, and I would consider my fatigue to be severe. Do you know of any homeopathic remedies that can be used to diminish severe fatigue/exhaustion? Thanks.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #7
Inactive

mariepom HB User

Hi concerned male,

I don't know of any homeopath remedies.

But you might consider that you might, like me have chemical overload. Your body might be accumulating environmental toxins that need to be detoxified. If you don't sweat very much you can build up toxins in your body. I bought a infrared sauna to help me sweat and I love it. ..then I bought a book on how to detoxify using a sauna. I got it in December I think
It will take a long time to get all those nasty toxins out.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

To Concerned Male and Mariepom.....I have had great success with homeopathics, I get really bad sinus problems, I've taken the sinus/allergy tabs, one every half hour till symtoms are relieved, I was was just getting ready to take my 4th one when I realized all my symtoms were completely gone, I had such a headache I could hardly see, my face hurt like crazy! Here is another example for you both. My mother had really bad sciatic nerve pain for years, last year she sent for a homeopathic through the mail. The bottle had 125pills in it. It said to take one in the morning before putting anything strong tasteing in the mouth, leave it under the tounge till dissolved, if the pain persists take another after two hrs. She was so shocked that second pill worked, she took this stuff daily, by the time she used less than half the bottle of pills she could quit taking it all together! She hasn't had trouble with her sciatica for 7months now. What we both took was a combination homeopathic, designed for a specific need. See if you can find a combination type homeopathic. These types of pills are much safer to take than medicines. I hope you give it a try.

Last edited by drs; 04-20-2005 at 05:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Closed Thread