It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

morningdew HB User
help for a friend with cancer

hello, i am just trying to find some help for a friend of mine. he is 63 and was diagnosed with lung cancer last december. he had gone through a round of chemo and radiation, and the tumor in his lung is gone, yet now there is a finger length tumor in the bone between his neck and shoulder. he has had his maximum amount of allowalbe radiation, and he is presently on his second round of chemo. the doctors said this is not for a cure, only to slow down the cancer, not to extend life simply to improve the quality of life. he is such a wonderful, dear soul, and i cant accept this, and i was hoping if anyone has had any promising results with alternative treatments. i have recently heard of IPT and ozone therapy, which a doctor in oak park, il. provides. but he is a retired veteren and has only been able to go to v.a. hospitals which do not provide such treatments, and i want to find somthing promising, before i get his hopes up and he spends whatever money he has on somthing that may just be a scam to clean out his acount. i dont know. any help what so ever would be so greatly appreciated. thank you for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 03:34 PM   #2

marcen HB User
Re: help for a friend with cancer

I am in a hurry right now, but do a google search for essiac. I like the Floressence brand myself and have used it successfully in animals and in people. You drink it like a tea and it's completely nontoxic. Anyone who has cancer should try this. It works best if you are not taking the drugs; it is a super immune booster and the conventional drugs only serve to compromise immune functioning further. Anyway, there is a lot of info about it on the web. I take it all the time as a preventative and immune booster and I never get sick anymore. I wish your friend the best

Last edited by julia_girl; 02-12-2005 at 03:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
(female)

morningdew HB User

Julia Girl,
thank you so much for your reply. i have heard of essiac tea, and the brand that you are taking, and i will look more into that. there is just so much information out there that it is overwhelming, and it is difficult to sift through and find somthing that is truly valuable, or simply somthing useless, but i have heard a lot about the tea and will look more into it. i go to another website that is a support group for those with cancer or that have close ones that are afflicted with it, and that is where i first heard of the tea....sorry for rambling....you do seem very informed, is there anything else that you suggest? do you have any experience with a close on struggling with cancer?
anyway, thank you again much for the reply. and thank you for the well wishes for my friend, he truly is a dear soul.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #4

marcen HB User

Hi Morningdew,

I have known a few people now who have used this tea successfully to treat cancer. {REMOVED} I am a big fan of alternative methods, but you can waste a lot of money on some of the treatments. If you do a search on essiac, you will come up with a lot of positive stories as well as a lot of very skeptical sites. Personally, I have seen it work really well in humans and animals. I take it myself everyday. I am a university student on a budget and the tea is quite expensive (not so bad if you make it yourself - very easy to do!) so I wouldn't keep using it if I didn't feel it was helping me. I think it is important to take it regularly as a preventative, but take a break for a week every now and then (do not take a break if you are sick with cancer, etc). My bf's grandmother died of a brain tumor not long ago. She was a Christian Scientist and didn't want to take medicine, so she didn't tell anyone she was sick for a long time. When she finally did, the tumor was very large. We started giving her the essiac but I think it was too late. However, she felt much better on it, had no pain, and after a sort of "cleansing crisis" ( the toxins start to come out of the body) her skin and hair and body odor was much improved. She died shortly after she was diagnosed. Even if it doesn't save your friend or he doesn't want to stop conventional treatments, the essiac tea won't hurt him and could very well help him. It tends to improve one's appetite and is a good pain reliever. Do some more research on it and give it a try. I know how hard it is to go through this and your friend is really lucky to have your support. Best wishes

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-15-2005 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Don't reveal anything about yourself that may add undue weight to your opinion.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
(female)

morningdew HB User

hi julia girl,
thank you again for you reply, i will be getting some essiac tea for him. especially if it increases appetitie, he needs somthing like that when he is going through his treatments, as he tends to really lose his appetite.
{REMOVED} have you heard of IPT? if so, what do you think of it? sorry for rambling, and once again thank you for your help. your very kind.

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-15-2005 at 10:15 AM. Reason: No longer applies, in response to part of a post that was removed due to violation of board rules.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:10 AM   #6

marcen HB User

Hi again,

{REMOVED} I have always had an interest in alternative treatments, thanks to my mother. My sister actually had a benign brain tumor when she was a teenager that was finally diagnosed after about 5 years using alternative methods. It was removed with surgery and she has been fine ever since. I know how hopeless you feel when someone you love is very sick. I have heard of the IPT treatment, but I don't know a lot about it. I think it is quite expensive and I don't believe there is a lot of properly researched proof of its safeness or effectiveness. I am sure some people swear by it however. I am sorry I can't be of more help concerning that...good luck with the tea! I love it.

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-15-2005 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Don't reveal anything about yourself that may add undue weight to your opinion.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:32 PM   #7
(female)

Joannofark HB User

If you are still looking for answers, I can recommend a book "Treating Cancer with Herbs; an Integrative Approach" by Dr. Michael Tierra. He started the East/West School of Acupuncture (& Herbology) and has been doing this for 30+ years. I currently am seeing him for both acupunture & herbs (in addition to undergoing chemo & radiation for breast cancer). Although he is a big proponent of herbal remedies, he is supportive of conventional medicine as part of the healing process. He has helped people with severe cancer and had positive results.

Also, another book I've read that deals with the emotional side of cancer is "Love, Medicine & Miracles" by Bernie Siegel, M.D. He is a surgeon in Connecticut.

Your friend is fortunate to have you in his life, helping to find answers. It is truly humbling when going through this process to find out how much people really love you. Friends are a gift.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #8
(female)

Carena HB User

Apricot Kernels- kill cancer cells. Search for more info on the internet, you should find it. Its not expensive either.
My bf was diagnosed with lung cancer several years ago (his was in the beginning stage though). He ate those for like a month and cancer was gone. Like...it was just gone and that's it. He was a smoker, and he still smokes and he's fine. But he really did not look good when he had cancer...you could tell and now he looks like 5 years younger than his age (he's 34 right now).

It's good to eat sometimes even if you do not have cancer, as a preventive maintance. And of course drinkng green tea is always a good idea.

Closed Thread