It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User
Green Tea....what do you think?

I'm pondering what I am doing different these last few years, I seem to either never get the flu or when I do pick it up, it runs very weak, only minor symptoms and I'm fine in a couple of days, while other people complain of a week at least of horror....even my husband and son, who don't drink the tea much, were so sick last winter I was sure I'd get it bad from them....but a few days of sniffles and I was fine.

Is it the decaf green tea habit I've come to enjoy a few times a week? I only drink one cup, and like I said, it's only a few times a week.

My daughter who shares my love of tea got sick but again, not severly and was fine in a few days. HMMM.

Just wondering if it's the tea or luck, however, it's been several years since I've needed to see a doctor!

I'm curious if anyone else who drinks tea fairly regularly have seen the same results?

Last edited by Jennita; 02-24-2005 at 10:51 AM.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

Carena HB User
Re: Green Tea....what do you think?

I like green tea very much, especially with a spoon or two of honey in it. Only I drink it usually everyday, several times a day because I like it so much. I think green tea is very good for you and can definitely improve health in some aspects. In general I feel good and I too do not get sick often and if I do I handle it easy. That's all I gotta say. I suggest you drinking it more often (not necessary decaf...any green tea is good) and try mixing honey in it. I always put honey in any tea, I hate sugar. You might also wanna try Ginseng tea, its good too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Yes, I love honey in mine too! I do think it helps with illness, now, I had a big cold recently that did last awhile but I never got too sick and need a doctor. Green tea does it again..

Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

most likely down to the tea for sure! all tea has antioxidants that strengthen the immune system, and since green tea has higher levels in it than black tea (white tea has even higher levels than green tea) then its immune system tonic qualities are higher. drinking at least two cups a day is recommended. and doing this will prime your immune system ready for the next cold or flu onslaught. redbush tea is also good as it is too high in antioxidants. it also has high levels of iron in it, accounting for its red colour.
i'd also agree with the honey idea. i much prefer it too sugar and since the form of sugar it contains is fructose (which is 3 times as sweet as the sucrose of ordinary sugar) you don't have to use as much to get the same sweetening effect, meaning less extrinsic sugar in your diet which is better for your health.

alex.

Last edited by ratboy83; 04-15-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy83
most likely down to the tea for sure! all tea has antioxidants that strengthen the immune system, and since green tea has higher levels in it than black tea (white tea has even higher levels than green tea) then its immune system tonic qualities are higher. drinking at least two cups a day is recommended. and doing this will prime your immune system ready for the next cold or flu onslaught. redbush tea is also good as it is too high in antioxidants. it also has high levels of iron in it, accounting for its red colour.
i'd also agree with the honey idea. i much prefer it too sugar and since the form of sugar it contains is fructose (which is 3 times as sweet as the sucrose of ordinary sugar) you don't have to use as much to get the same sweetening effect, meaning less extrinsic sugar in your diet which is better for your health.

alex.
I didn't know about the white tea.....thanks!!

Closed Thread