It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2005, 11:40 AM   #1

Drew H HB User
Changed my diet..

Hey all --

After years of eating semi-healthy, yet still making poor dietary decisions..
( Heavy meals before sleeping, Fast food lunch/dinners, not eating enough fruit/vegetables.. ) i decided to make a big change in my diet because i was feeling so run down and sluggish.

I'm intaking more fiber, lots of fruits and vegetables, good fats, whole grains, lean meats, just cheese on the dairy side, lots of water, and i've cut out all the refinded foods, sugars, bad fats, red meat.. etc. I've also been doing 30 min of aerobic activity 4 times a week.

I've only been doing this ( the better diet thing, i was doing exercise before ) for about 4 days now, and its like my body HATES me?? I get dizzy spells, mind fogginess, cold hands and feet, lack of energy... all the symptoms come and go... but i thought if i changed for the better, wouldnt my body immediately change for the better as well?

Is this normal for my body to feel bad before it gets better?
Anyone else experience this?

Any input would be great...

Thanks

Drew

Old 03-05-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
(female)

cinnamongirl_9 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Changed my diet..

Hi

First, congrats on your new eating plan! It's hard to make a big change like that- that's why most people eat like you-know-what!

I believe your body is de-toxing. When you cut out all the processed, artificial items you used to be eating and replace them with unfamiliar foods (even if they're way better for you,) your body will go through a change. And you may experience unpleasant symptoms- many of them you described.

Hang in there! It will only get better and better. In fact, seeing that you wrote this a few days ago, I bet you're feeling better already!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Re: Changed my diet..

Yep! You're detoxing alright. It just shows you how much you had built up in your body. But hang in there. I'm told a couple of weeks to 4 (at the most) and you'll be feeling the good affects. Good for you/1
Cindy

Old 03-07-2005, 07:06 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Definitely detoxing!!! Stick with it though!!! Things can only get better!!!

Pbaby

Old 03-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #5
(male)

The Len HB User

Don't forget to drink lots of green tea. Drinking a lot of fresh water is also good. Also juice from a juicer once or twice a day helps really give your body the best, most natural vitamins and minerals that exist....better than any pills or tablets.

One good one that is really good for you is get a 16 oz. glass.
Juice carrots until the juice fills up half the glass. Then throw in one celery stick....the long kind you pull off of the bunch that you get as a whole. Then toss in two apples and a handful of kale or half a bunch of parsley. Half a bunch meaning when you go to the grocery store and you get the parsley in bunches. Take half of that, wash it in your sink with water a few times then throw that in. Mix it up real good with a straw or spoon. Then chug it down. The quicker you drink it right after you juice it, the more vitamins your body takes in. You wait too long and then vitamins will oxidize with the air.

Another one you can try is a 16 oz. glass 1/3rd filled with fresh strawberry juice, 1/3rd filled with fresh grape juice and then throw a freshly peeled orange in there. Be careful not to throw the one white part out right underneath the skin as this contains 95 percent of the food value of the fruit. What I do is use a potato peeler and just peel the top skin off and leave as much of the white on as possible.

Hope this helps

Closed Thread