It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

sleepytee HB Usersleepytee HB User
Hydrogen Peroxide IV: Does anyone have any experience with this?

Years ago a man that lived near me in SC tole me he went to TX for hydrogen peroxide IV's. He said it cured him of cancer that regular Doctors said was hopeless. I have chronic fatigue syndrome. The pain and fatigue is getting to be more than I can stand.....There is a Dr. in my area who does this but in the news; one of his patients died from it....I suspect that person was as desperate as I am and was willing to try anything and I don't know the whole story either. Like how many lives he may have saved, etc. Please reply. Thank you all.
Tammy in SC

Old 04-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
(male)

TheKeyIsHealth HB User
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide IV: Does anyone have any experience with this?

Tammy,

This sounds dangerous. Hydrogen peroxide doesn't belong in your bloodstream. There are much simpler solutions for chronic fatigue syndrome.

Tom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #3

viver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytam
Years ago a man that lived near me in SC tole me he went to TX for hydrogen peroxide IV's. He said it cured him of cancer that regular Doctors said was hopeless. I have chronic fatigue syndrome.
Hi! I've tried food grade hydrogen peroxide when I had chronic fatigue. I know it's helped some people, but it didn't help me. I think there are better solutions.

Hydrogen peroxide IV's have been used safely for years by some physicians practicing Integrative Medicine. The concentration and amount of hydrogen peroxide is very low, releasing ~ 25 cc's of oxygen over the course of a 2 hour IV. The person who died was taking Tegratol and Copaxone, drugs known to cause liver problems, clotting problem and other symptoms this person unfortunately experienced before passing away. The verdict is still out on the exact cause of death, but more details of the hearing on the Internet present quite a different picture than tabloid news reports.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Hi! I have allergies and suffer from chronic sinus infections. I had sinus surgery in 2003, and felt like a new person for about 7 months, and then it all started creeping back. Anyway, I stumbled on a web site about hydrogen peroxide baths. Basically, you dump 3 liters of 3% hyrogen peroxide (the kind you buy in a drugstore)in a tub full of water and soak in it for about 1/2 hour. It was supposed to help a variety of ills, but bacterial and fungal infections were the ones I cared about. It sounded so crazy, but I thought what do I have to lose? After all, it only costs 99 cents a bottle.

So I tried it. I noticed some "tingling" in my right sinuses, but hot baths in general can do that, so I was still skeptical. Afterwards, I did feel better, but was still unsure if it might be the placebo effect. But then I noticed that for a few days afterwards, my teeth felt really smooth. I have a problem with gingivitis and plaque formation. My teeth always felt fuzzy at the end of the day. My tongue always is coated, and to my suprise that looked better too.

So all in all, I think there might be something to it. It definately killed off the bacteria in my mouth, though I have to do it once a week to keep the effect. The idea of it in an IV makes me a little nervous, so I think I will stick to the baths for now.

So maybe do some more research, and maybe try a bath and see if it helps you. After all, why pay money for the IV if it isn't going to help you?

Last edited by sneezydiva; 04-18-2005 at 04:36 PM.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

I heard that some hydrogen peroxide is produced naturally in the body, and that these hydrogen peroxide IV treatments are considered very safe.

Closed Thread