It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

Baby-G HB User
Question How long before TCM/Acupuncture kicks in please?

I've been taking TCM for almost 3 months, and also started weekly or twice a week acupuncture sessions at the beginning of Feb for the treatment of mild-moderate acne, but have seen no improvements as of yet.

I know it can take well over three months before I can see minor results but I'm really getting frustrated and feel like ending the treatments.

Those who have received these treatments before, please tell me how long before it should start to show improvement? I have wasted over the equivalent of US$1000 so far and don't want to waste anymore money. I practically have no more money to buy food and necessities anymore.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
(male)

Frank186 HB User
Re: How long before TCM/Acupuncture kicks in please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-G
I've been taking TCM for almost 3 months, and also started weekly or twice a week acupuncture sessions at the beginning of Feb for the treatment of mild-moderate acne, but have seen no improvements as of yet.

I know it can take well over three months before I can see minor results but I'm really getting frustrated and feel like ending the treatments.

Those who have received these treatments before, please tell me how long before it should start to show improvement? I have wasted over the equivalent of US$1000 so far and don't want to waste anymore money. I practically have no more money to buy food and necessities anymore.
TCM is more of an art than a science. How good the treatments are depends on how good the practitioner is. Acupuncture itself is only one type of treatment modality in Chinese medicine and traditionally only a part of the overall treatment of the patient. Chinese medicine consists of Herbs/Nutrition, Acupuncture, Massage, and Qi gong. A good practitioner uses all different methods to treat the individual to get the organism into balance and teaches the patient how to use nutrition to keep himself in balance as well. The standard of Chinese medicine isn't all that good over in the West with the majority of the folks just taking some accupuncture and a few basic herb classes and being able to be called a TCM practitioner. What passes for licensed TCM doctors here barely qualifies for apprentice over in Asia so basically if you don't feel any difference after a few treatments I'd start looking for someone else. There are some alternative medicine directories on the web which I'd love to refer you to but unfortunately this message board does not allow this so you'll have to do a search. If you see a few maybe you'll find one that will be able to suit your needs.

Frank

Last edited by Frank186; 03-09-2005 at 09:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
(male)

ahealthyman HB User
Re: How long before TCM/Acupuncture kicks in please?

TCM is differnet than western medicine in many ways. Also, it can/may take a little bit longer to heal but the effects are amazing.

I've heard of a chinese herbal medicine company called Tong Ren Tang that specilizes in Traditional Chinese Medicine (herbs). I'm not sure if there's a shop where you live but i know that they have shops all over the world ie China, Canada, Japan, England, Australia,etc.. and lots of people go there to buy chinese medicine because they are all natural and they work.

I can't really tell you the sites to go to, but you will def find stuff online to help you with your problems. Chinese traditional medicine is amazing and sometimes it's hard to explain how the formula works. They have all sorts of medicine that can heal stuff... i 've read lots of articles and heard amazing stories of how chinese herbs have helped save people's lives, cured diseases,etc.. they've just done the "impossible".

Closed Thread