It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Has anyone tried Reiki or other natural therapies?

I was thinking about having Reiki done. I've heard that it can help with severe fatigue/exhaustion, because it can release toxins from the body and also help to rebalance the energy within the body. I was wondering if anyone has had it done, and if you think it could be beneficial or not? Thanks.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #2

mam HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Reiki or other natural therapies?

Hi!

Reiki is very relaxing. I've had it done, and it worked really well in healing an injury. If you're doing it for a chronic problem, like fatigue, I would think it would take more than one treatment. It is definitely very relaxing, though. Perhaps you can call a reiki practioner and ask about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks for the reply. Anout how much does Reiki usually cost? Has anyone had other therapies done like ear candling and reflexology?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User

I've never had reflexology done, but I am considering taking the course. Good luck.
Upshutter

Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #5
(female)

KIDINSANITY HB User

I have tried Reiki,and it was WONDERFUL for my fatigue, stress, headaches and neck pain. It's not something, however, that you can just do once. If done regularly, it's awesome!!

Old 09-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks for the reply Kidinsanity. When you say getting it done regularly, about how often do you mean? Weekly, twice a month, etc?

Old 09-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #7
(female)

whitewolfee HB User

I am a Reiki Master and have been for many years. If you need long-term care, I would like to suggest you take the Reiki I class. After the one class, you will be able to use Reiki on yourself. If you want to do Reiki on others, you will need additional training and if you would like to teach Reiki, you would need to be a Master and that does take time. I hope you have found Reiki to be of benefit to you. It is a very relaxing experience.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
(female)

whitewolfee HB User

Reiki is more beneficial if it is received twice a week for a time, then once a week as you heal. Charges vary. I prefer to keep charges down and be able to help more people. I charge $15 for 30 minutes. Many Practitioners charge twice that. I am more interested in helping people. I have even bartered with clients who really need help and can't afford to pay.

Closed Thread