1. Protects against Coronary Artery Disease
2. Inhibits Atherosclerosis
3. Thins blood and helps prevent blood clots
4. Protects the heart in patients with Acute Cardiovascular Disease
5. Minimizes damage to the brain after stroke
6. Lowers blood pressure and helps prevent hypertension
7. Helps prevent the development of Atherosclerosis
8. Protects against Prostate Cancer
9. Protects against Ovarian Cancer
10. Protects against Breast Cancer
11. Protects against Lung Cancer
12. Protects against Colon Cancer
13. Protects Brain Tumors in Children
14. Improves Efficacy of Cancer Drugs while lessening their negative side effects
15. Improves Insulin Sensitivity in Type 2 Diabetes
16. Protects against Kidney Disease
17. Prevents Osteoporosis
18. Prevents Periodontal Disease
19. Protects the Liver from Alcohol and Other Harmful Chemicals
20. Promotes fat loss
21. Protects against cognitive decline
22. Protects against Alzhemier's Disease
23. Protects against Parkinson's Disease
24. Black pepper increases it's antioxidant strength
25. Slows down the aging process
On top of all this it helps boost your immune system
I'm eating some crushed garlic in tuna as I type this. I really dislike any kind of tea, too bitter for my liking. I do take capsules with green tea in them. Is this as effective as drinking it? What's the best way to consume each of these things?
Thanks for the info!
~Even an Eeyore needs a hug.~ (Hug Me Eeyore)
Last edited by moderator2; 04-10-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Reason: please delete long quotes
Well you do not want to drink as much green tea as possible because of it's high caffeine content so unless you can find a decent tasting decaffeinated green tea you want to drink it in moderation if not for that simple fact then for the tannin content which can stain your teeth as w/ any tea. If you find Green Tea a bit too bitter then add honey and/or some lemon to it or try Jasmine tea which is green tea infused w/ jasmine essence. Getting the nutrients from the source opposed to a supplement is always more beneficial so if you can find a derivative of green tea (black tea is another) then drink it instead of supplementing it. There's always Blueberries however which are also extremely high in antioxidants and Cranberries are yet another super power food that everyone should consume.
Here's some info on that
Cranberries contain proanthocyanidins (PACs) that can prevent the adhesion of certain of bacteria, including E. coli, associated with urinary tract infections to the urinary tact wall. The anti-adhesion properties of cranberry may also inhibit the bacteria associated with gum disease and stomach ulcers. Recent scientific research shows that cranberries and cranberry products contain significant amounts of antioxidants and other phytonutrients that may help protect against heart disease, cancer and other diseases
You need to buy a green tea extract that is caffeine free...normally a pill or a certain number of drops has the antioxidant quality of ten to fifteen cups....save time and energy....you don't have to spend the whole day drinking green tea in order to get its benefits. Unscented garlic pills are also available...Kyolic is a great brand- get all the benefits of organic garlic without smelling like it!! Good luck. Go to the health food store or look online for great bargains!!