It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #1

Chrislynn HB User
Colon Cleansing Anyone?

Has anyone ever done this and if so, does it work? I am having pains near my colon. I have never done a colon cleansing except for when I had to take that purge stuff 10 years ago before a lower GI. I have been reading that a healthy colon is vital to good health. There are so many colon cleansing remedies, I was thinking of trying the tea. If anyone has any input on this topic, I'd love to hear from you.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
(female)

Carena HB User
Re: Colon Cleansing Anyone?

I tried with klister, at home, once. I did it with very weak solution of KMnO4 first round, then with chamomile. But I couldn't hold it in too long. I want to try again. I heard it should be really good. We did it home though...I dont think we did it very well as we were not very prepared. I'd like to do it again as soon I get a better chance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2005, 10:52 PM   #3
(female)

oeee HB User

Colon cleansing is great and can make you feel terrific. Taking colon cleansing products is the first step, however having colonics- seeing a colon hydrotherapist- can be truly beneficial- and if you have had problems with constipation- make you feel like a new person. I also have learned how to give myself enemas- these are second best to colonics and can help you feel and become a lot healthier. Good luck....you will be amazed how cleaning your colon will make your mind that much clearer. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
(female)

mistycatt HB User

I bought a colon cleanser from GNC it did not work and not only that they did not have all the pills that it said it had.

I would like to try a product for colon cleansing also - has anyone tried any products they could recommend

Old 04-14-2005, 09:13 AM   #5
(female)

Carena HB User

Well I tried using klister again (this time with apple cid. vinegar). I must say however that its rather a tortorous process. My boyfriend did it too this time. He said he felt much better. Last time he did it was like 20 years ago. I am currently in Russia, where this thing is very common. However people usually go to Sanatoriums to do this where they spent certain amount of time. I heard that it removes all the deposits that stayed in your colon for 10/15 years and you feel like 20 pnds lighter and its a totally awesome feeling. Well I can't say I felt 20 pnds lighter, although generally I felt good afterwards. It turns out that in order to achieve those kinds of results you need to do it several days in a row or something like that (how apparently they do it in Sanatoriums.) That's just what I heard.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:17 AM   #6
(female)

deer66 HB User

get ahold of a book called PERSCRIPTION TO NATURAL HEALING it has many good ideas. i am told coffee(not to ddrink) works very well

Old 04-14-2005, 12:31 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carena
Well I tried using klister again (this time with apple cid. vinegar). I must say however that its rather a tortorous process. My boyfriend did it too this time. He said he felt much better. Last time he did it was like 20 years ago. I am currently in Russia, where this thing is very common. However people usually go to Sanatoriums to do this where they spent certain amount of time. I heard that it removes all the deposits that stayed in your colon for 10/15 years and you feel like 20 pnds lighter and its a totally awesome feeling. Well I can't say I felt 20 pnds lighter, although generally I felt good afterwards. It turns out that in order to achieve those kinds of results you need to do it several days in a row or something like that (how apparently they do it in Sanatoriums.) That's just what I heard.

Carena,

May I ask what this klister is? I looked it up on the Net and all I found was a ski wax called Klister.

I also would like to say that I'm honored to be communicating with someone who is in Russia! I have "chat" friends from all over the globe, but you are the first person in Russia I have ever communicated over the computer with! I have little pins stuck in a big map of the world in my computer room, so now I will add a pin in Russia just for you! Which part of Russia may I ask? I am so confused about your country now since all the separation. I lived for 3 years in West Berlin, from 1979 to 1982. My first husband was in the US Army. That's as close to your country as I got, though I have always wanted to visit Russia. Your name reminds me of the novel Anna Karenina. I loved that book. I must say, that living in Berlin (my son was born there) was a humbling honor and something I will never forget.

So, it is so nice to meet you! I feel honored to have been able to "talk" to you, you being so far away. I'm in southern Alabama. I live very near to the Gulf Of Mexico. I could throw a stone and hit it!

Anyway, I'd still like to know about this cleansing you mentioned. It sounds like a couple of the ones I have tried. I was drinking stuff that looked like charcoal! It was awful! But, like you, I had to do it for a week or two, and I couldn't hang in there! Tasted too awful!

Again, nice to meet you.

tk

Old 04-16-2005, 10:20 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carena
Hello Tk,

LOL, I think I made quite a confusion here. First of all I meant to write "Klistir", which is a form of colonic cleansing device. You insert the tube right into your anus and fill your colon with fluid that is mixed with salts or medicines/herbals etc. Then you go on the toilet and all the fluid comes out having dissolved some of the deposits in your colon (that might of been there for several years). It's also good to hold it in (lying on a side) as much as you can before you go to the toilet. Have you ever watched that movie "Love Stinks" where the guy went to the Spa and they did that colon cleansing to him against his will kind of (...after that later in the movie he said that he feels about 25 pnds lighter)?. Anyway...that's a comedy of course but the Klistir resembles that process somewhat. I hope that makes sense.

Also "Sanatorium" is what Spas called in Russia.

I was born in Moscow, although I dont like it there. I'm in St.Petersburg right now, which I like in general (except of course for the climate). But I lived in the US since 12 for 6 years. I am here just temporary as I had some things to do. As a matter of fact I will be going to Thailand soon (where I lived already for 9 months). I took Thai Massage Course in Wat Po there. Its great. I suggest anyone going there (who likes alternative medicine) to take these massage courses. As soon as I come I will take the rest.

Ok well, I hope I helped you Tk. If you have any other questions regarding the procedure, I'll try my best to explain.

Carena (this is just a made up name btw)
Hi Carena! (made up name or not, it still reminds me of Anna Karinina! I like it!)

Thanks for the clarification. My goodness what we go through to make ourselves healthy! Hmmmm...something about putting a tube in my anus is disturbing, but, hey for relief it may be worth it! I have terrible constipation issues because of my many conditions and my meds. It's awful. I go to the bathroom (bowel movement) maybe once a week, until I finally get so terribly uncomfortable I take a bunch of laxatives, and with the use of a rubber glove I finally will expel, but then I go through a couple days of watery diahreea. I have very severe back problems which also adds to the problem of having bowel movements, I have no strength to push.

I am applying for SS Disability and if and when I win my case I am going to use my money to begin seeing some homeopathic natrualist docs for treatment.

Oh and I love massages! I have Fibromyalgia and MyoFacsial Pain Syndrome, so I have many many trigger points that are inflamed, mostly on my upper back, so massage is wonderful, unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover it unless it's recieved under the disguise of Physical Therapy. I tried that once, and the PT's started with 15 minute massages but then they kept moving here and there to try and "fix" me. In the pool, on the treadmill, standing on the inversion box! When all I needed was for my deep tissue to be massaged! Frustrating.

I am envious of you going to Thialand! I always wanted to visit the East. It seems very beautiful there. Is it? St. Petersburg, sounds romantic to me, but I don't live there, so it's all my perception. I find the history of Russia very interesting. Where did you live while in America? Did you like it here? Any chance of you coming back?

Lots of personal questions I know, but I'm a pretty curious person! I like to know about people in other countries and other cultures. I think we have a lot of differences around this big world and we have a lot to teach each other, but I also think we are all so much alike.

So, I will continue to read your posts. I like what you have to say. So you will be a massage therapist by proffession when you finish school? Is that what you plan? Just curious. I know here in America, massage therapists make a good living. Gotta have strong hands and back! I would love to have close friend or family memeber who was a massage therapist! That and a car mechanic!

I hope to hear again from you, and I will definately look up the information you gave me. Who knows, I may try it, what do I have to lose except all that icky stuff inside me, right!

Bye for now,
tk
TK is what all my friends call me, it's my initials. My name is Tracey but where I worked once there were like three of us named Tracey so I got the nickname TK and it stuck!

Old 04-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Carena?

I just did a search on "Klistir" and all the sites I found were in a different language, Russian maybe? I'm only familiar with German, some, not well though any more since I haven't lived there since 1990. Is there an english translation? I know you can't give out websites here, but is there an english word for "Klistir"? I looked at those sites and it was all "Greek" to me!

Thanks again,
tk

Old 04-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #10
(female)

anumii23 HB User

Try looking for "clyster".

Old 04-23-2005, 08:13 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumii23
Try looking for "clyster".

Hey,

Thanks. I looked up "clyster" and found that it simply means "enema" coming from the Latin word "clyster" meaning "enema". Who knew? LOL I looked at some of the search results and didn't actually find a "product" called "clyster" just found definations that said "clyster" means "enema". I DID find a couple of search results that indicated instructions for using "enema's" in a "non-medical" way, if you get my drift. LOL Boy, ya just never know what's out there on the .Net and what some people use for "fun".

Anyway, thanks for your info. Now I know what it is, and I can buy "clyster" most anywhere they sell constipation remedies. As far as the "other" usage, well, I'll leave that for the truly adventurous! LOL

tk

Old 04-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #12
(female)

PamelaD HB User

I too have had colonics and you feel like a new person....its amazing cleaning out all those toxins gives you a new lease on life.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeee
Colon cleansing is great and can make you feel terrific. Taking colon cleansing products is the first step, however having colonics- seeing a colon hydrotherapist- can be truly beneficial- and if you have had problems with constipation- make you feel like a new person. I also have learned how to give myself enemas- these are second best to colonics and can help you feel and become a lot healthier. Good luck....you will be amazed how cleaning your colon will make your mind that much clearer. Good luck.

Old 06-11-2005, 06:01 AM   #13
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Has anyone used the 7 day Cleanse and Renewal kit or just pysullium husk (powder form) as a colon cleanser? I would like to know if it worked and any side effects?

Old 06-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #14
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

You have used Atkin's and it worked. Of you used the cleanser in which your referenced?

Old 06-12-2005, 10:38 AM   #15
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

You might try a colon hydrotherapist - as a start. I went to a reputable one and I was scared at first but she made it easy on me and didn't go faster than I was comfortable with. The water is warm so it's not like an enema. Such a person might give you some insight as to why you have pain, and what you could do about it.

In the meantime, taking acidophilus supplements probably won't hurt you.

Closed Thread