It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Chiropractic Subluxation

I heard about subluxation and how it can affect a person's health. Apparently, subluxation can affect just about any area of the body and cause all types of things such as acne, allergies, fatigue, etc. I was thinking about getting a subluxation exam done by a chiropracter to see if I might have this problem. My symptoms include severe exhaustion/fatigue, major short-term memory loss, and low concentration. Also, you don't need to have aches and pains to have a subluxation problem I was told. Has anyone had a subluxation exam done before or had a subluxation problem? Thanks.

Old 04-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User
Re: Chiropractic Subluxation

I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that most of us have some slight degree of subluxation of another. Most of us do not practice perfect posture, nor do most of us do daily yoga, pilates, or other exercises that emphasize core strength and balance.

I just started seeing a chiro last week, I sprained my back and decided to go an "alternative" route to help speed the healing. I have also a five year old side whiplash which has always bothered me (my initial treatment, from a GP, was to administer pain meds and apply ice, then "there's nothing more we can do for you").

As far as the many symptoms that can result from subluxation, I do not recommend turning to chiro as a magic solution. You must also look at your diet and lifestlye. You cannot expect adjustments to cure all your mystery symptoms if you are not eating a well balanced diet including a lots of fruits and vegetables, exercising on a regular basis, getting an adequate amount of sleep, and dealing with the stresses of life in a healthy manner.

I am personally benefiting from having adjustments done, most notably an increase in the range of motion in my neck. I am also finding that seeing a chiropractor is going to be a great supplement for my body as I continue my workouts at the gym.

You will find opinions about chiropractors ranging from one extreme to another. My best advice if you want to start seeing a chiropractor is to ask around people you know for a recommendation. Do a web search for "10 things you should ask before choosing a chiropractor". Outside of that, good luck, feel better. Regards.

Last edited by mellowfish; 04-03-2005 at 05:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Well there are several Chiropracters that agree with what I posted about and there are several that don't. It's a controversial topic.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ
As far as his recommendation on the ten things to look for for a good DC, I'd skip that since it was written by a biased individual who has a limited view of DCs. Ask around, and find one that dosen't set up numerous visits in advance if you don't have severe problems or makes wild claims like it will cure everything under the sun. A treatment plan is OK as long as they don't make it 6 months of care or something absurd like that.
You might be referring to a specific pamphlet, there are many different publications which entail this now. And I did not imply to use this as a way to find a GOOD chiro, but it is very useful information as it will certainly alert you to possible "red lights" on your first few visits.

I think the best way to find a good chiro is by personal recommendations from those you know. You can try asking your GP, your dentist, other health professionals, friends, and colleagues.

Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
(female)

papergoods HB User

What exactly does Subluxation mean

Old 05-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
(female)

1nascargal HB User

I have been going to chiropracters for years and they have helped myself and my family in many different areas. I highly recommend one. But there are definitely good ones and not so good ones, so check your area options out. I avoid ones that try to put you on a ridiculous schedule (x times a week, etc.,) unless you have a specific pain.

If you do research in chiropractic management, it really makes an enormous amount of sense. Let your body align itself properly and heal itself!

Old 05-24-2005, 04:19 PM   #7
(female)

smeven54 HB User

I've gone to the chiropractor off and on for a few years. I've been in 2 car accidents and without chiropractic care would have been miserable since all my dr gave me was pain meds. Ask around and see if anyone has a good recommendation for you, find the right doctor is so important.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
(female)

Janette215 HB User

i have that at least thats waht the chiropractor told me the other day im going back tomorrow ive had really bad back pain for like 2 years and my back cracks all the time. i think he said it means when your nerves hit a bone or a piece of ur spine or something. idk but i felt a lot better after i left.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:05 PM   #9
(female)

Janette215 HB User

In simplest terms, a subluxation (a.k.a. Vertebral Subluxation) is when one or more of the bones of your spine (vertebrae) move out of position and create pressure on, or irritate spinal nerves. Spinal nerves are the nerves that come out from between each of the bones in your spine. This pressure or irritation on the nerves then causes those nerves to malfunction and interfere with the signals traveling over those nerves.

also there u go i got it from some website...

Old 05-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Yeah, subluxation basically causes problems with your nervous system which can interfere with a person's health in various ways.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Hello! I have had back problems for years but what really intrigued me was when I had people telling me I should take my son to the chiropractor. What's so odd about that? He was 4 months old. Since birth he had a stuffy nose which made it incredibly difficult for him to nurse.

I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the chiro. The first thing he asked was if he had a difficult birth (he did! Was born with ear to shoulder; lots of pressure on the neck). He would do fine for about a week after every adjustment and then he'd get stuffy again but after about 8 adjustments he was fine and never had any problems again. He also had odd bowel movements due to a dairy allergy (had a reaction when I ate dairy). His BM was normal for several days after each adjustment (didn't help long term though he still has problems and he just turned four).

Can I say that it was 100% without a doubt the chiropractic adjustments that helped? Well, no but nothing else changed that would cause such a dramatic difference.

I just started going to the chiropractor again and am considering taking my daughter who wets the bed and has moderate allergies (she also complains of back pain but I think it's from reading so much). We're on a plan that we pay for in advance and can take our whole family in as often as we want without paying any more. It may just help!

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Closed Thread