It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User
Garlic "taped" to the bottom of feet?

I read in another forum some time ago about taping garlic on your feet overnight to relieve cold/flu symptoms. The poster swore by this method and said the results were amazing. I'm really wanting to do this, but I can't, for the life of me, remember how she "taped" the garlic to her feet, or what oil she said to use with it, to keep it from burning the skin... Has anyone ever heard of this? I can't find any info. on it doing an internet search. My whole family has a cold, and I'm all for getting us well again, even if it means smelly feet.

Thank you. -EoR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User
Re: Garlic "taped" to the bottom of feet?

Whoa! Now that is weird. How about good Ole' zinc lozenges, Vit C, & echinacea? Yes garlic in the system is always a good thing as it's highly potent stuff and kils off many many bad things in the body so consume it for sure as much as possible in addition to acidopholus which also kills off evil doers in the body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 11:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggigoddess
Whoa! Now that is weird. How about good Ole' zinc lozenges, Vit C, & echinacea? Yes garlic in the system is always a good thing as it's highly potent stuff and kils off many many bad things in the body so consume it for sure as much as possible in addition to acidopholus which also kills off evil doers in the body.
C, echinacea, zinc.. I take it all. Given all the garlic I eat and the vitamins I take, my immune system SHOULD rock, but for some reason, I seem as prone to these viruses and anybody. I also give my kids these echinacea & C gummi vitamins. I haven't found a good way to give them zinc.... One's too little to swallow pills, and the other refuses to do it.

I just want to have a healthy family again... Someday!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for Ole'. Currently, I use Herbon cough drops, which contain a lot of Echinacea. They work great for the cough, but they don't seem to kill the cold.

Have a good week! -EoR

Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoR
I read in another forum some time ago about taping garlic on your feet overnight to relieve cold/flu symptoms. The poster swore by this method and said the results were amazing. I'm really wanting to do this, but I can't, for the life of me, remember how she "taped" the garlic to her feet, or what oil she said to use with it, to keep it from burning the skin... Has anyone ever heard of this? I can't find any info. on it doing an internet search. My whole family has a cold, and I'm all for getting us well again, even if it means smelly feet.

Thank you. -EoR
I have also heard of this, not as much for "killing" stuff in the body, but more as a remedy for congestion and stuffiness. The more fine the garlic is chopped/minced/smashed, the more phytochemicals will be released.

You can try making a "paste" by smashing/mincing the garlic and mixing it with a small amount of carrier, if oil is used I would stay with cold pressed castor or olive oil (csator oil is well known for its ability to penetrate deep into the body) and then wrap to the bottom of your feet with gauze.

Putting a lot of (fresh) chopped garlic in the bottom of a dishpan of hot water and using as a footsoak may be just as beneficial. I advise you to use caution if using the wrapping method. Garlic is very potent and will burn the skin, resulting in blisters. (I removed a wart once on my hand by taping a piece of garlic over it. I removed the garlic less than 24 hours later, within the next day there was a deep blister in the tissue under the wart, which "dried up" and fell off as the blister healed. It was a little uncomfortable, just as any blister resulting from a burn would be.)

Last edited by mellowfish; 04-06-2005 at 03:40 PM.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User

Trader Joe's has these raspberry zinc lozenges that are like candy kinda (not suckable candy) and it may fool your one child if you don't show em the bottle. I have to say though that I consider myself very healthy and rarely ever get sick, but when I do it's usually a doozy and lasts for a couple weeks and not a thing helps to make it end quicker. Just cut back if not totally on dairy and eat healthy. Not much else you can do unfortunately.

Old 04-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

Thanks to both of you. I really appreciate it, and I'll make sure to try it all!

-EoR

Closed Thread