-valarian, chamomile, peppermint, passionflower, hops, lemon balm, skullcap and redbush teas.
-herbs in capsule form are stronger than teas. try valarian, vervain, and damanian. many combination prepartions also exist containing the above herbs in tablet form.
- rholdiola rosea, ginseng is good too but can worsen anxiety in some people. astragalus root helps the body adapt to stress and helps stop the immune system being weakened by the effects of stress.
- take 1000-2000mg of vit C a day, and 50mg of B-complex vits twice a day a day. stress depletes the body of these vitamins. taking 500mg of vit B-5 is very beneficial too.
- take atleast the RDAs of calcium and magnesium every day. magnesium is the anti-stress mineral and calcium calms the nerves.
- avoid too much salt, alcohol, caffeine, sweets. these all put a strain on the adrenal glands.
- L-theanine induces a sense of calm through raising the levels of GABA in the brain and to a lesser extent that of serotonin. it only takes 15 mins to kick in and the effect can last for up to 10 hours.
- serotonin levels can be raised more significantly through the supplementation of 5-HTP.
- lavender, clary sage, ylang ylang, chamomile and neroli are sedative essential oils.
- EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE!!!!! this really relieves stress levels and makes you feel and look great!