It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
pH level of the body?

I've heard that a person's pH level can be really important in determining if you're more vulnerable to getting a disease/illness or not. Do a lot of illnesses result because of a person's body being too acidic? I was interested in getting some of those pH strips to test my pH level. Has anyone tested their pH level before, and is it pretty accurate?

Old 04-28-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User
Re: pH level of the body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Male
I've heard that a person's pH level can be really important in determining if you're more vulnerable to getting a disease/illness or not. Do a lot of illnesses result because of a person's body being too acidic? I was interested in getting some of those pH strips to test my pH level. Has anyone tested their pH level before, and is it pretty accurate?
The short answer is pH testing of saliva and urine is a scam and is based on pseudoscience. Don't waste your money.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #3
(male)

greensky HB User

I'm currently on a Candida diet, and when I'm done with this I'm going to look more in to this body PH level. I'm hearing more and more about this. If it's just a fad or has some benefits I don't know, but I'm going to give it a try.

A friend of mine has changed here urine from acid to neutral. Whether this is just a change in the urine or also in her body as a hole is a god question.

Old 04-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

In what way is pH testing a scam?

Old 05-01-2005, 07:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

Urine should be steril. But as for you pH I know its suppose to be 4.5-7.5 that is normal. I dont know if that makes it threatening to disease if its higher or lower.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:30 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Acid-base status is commonly measured at hospital admission for many diseases, but it is extremely unusual to find acidosis or alkalosis of the blood or extracellular fluid in the early stages of any major disease except kidney disease. Moreover, no food is acidic or alkaline enough in a mixed diet to produce long-lasting changes in the body's acid-base balance.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #7

viver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Male
I've heard that a person's pH level can be really important in determining if you're more vulnerable to getting a disease/illness or not. Do a lot of illnesses result because of a person's body being too acidic?
Hi! The pH related diets are becoming more popular and some friends have had success with these diets. I follow a diet with *some* similarities to Dr. Young's book, "the pH miracle." It's not only about "alkalizing" the blood, but about the bulk of the diet being foods that require less body resources to keep the pH at a healthy level. I believe that such a diet can be a good place to start for long-term health.

Illnesses can result for a lot of reasons. But diet and lifestyle is often the biggest factor when it comes to chronic diseases. I believe that eating too high a percentage of acid-forming foods make us more succeptible to chronic illnesses, especially as we get older.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

I have read in nutrition books that it is not healthy to have too little acid in the stomach. We should take digestive enzymes that contain hydrocloric acid and pancreatic acid in order to have good digestion , that is if we have too little of these acids and are having trouble with digestion. If we don't have enough of these acids in our stomachs, bad bacteria will grow.

That is why a dog can eat spoiled meat and food and not get sick.They have so much acid in their stomachs, several times what we have.

But, I have been told the same thing. When I check my ph with a saliva strip, it shows that I am very acidic and I have wondered if the strips are accurate or what. Or maybe there are good acids or bad acids. Or do the strips have anything to do with stomach acidity.

Doctors used to say that too much stomach caused ulcers, but now they say ulcers are caused by a virus.

Maybe someone will post that will have the answer.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:50 AM   #9
(male)

kangaroo26 HB User

Keeping a check on the pH level of your blood is very important. The ideal pH level for your blood is right around 7.35 and your body goes to enormous lengths to maintain this level. It creates energy in the body and protects us from various diseases.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #10
(male)

thecaveman HB User

Hi. I have had cancer for 7+ years now, but on 8-31-09 I found out I now have cancer in my head near my brain and in my lungs. I have read alot about PH, some good some bad. I must assume the good because I have heard too much about an alkline PH being a fighter against cancer. Those cancer strips are tough to get an "exact" reading off of, but my PH is close to 8. The strip is a very dark green. My stool even comes out green. What I have done is eat three meals per day of organic greens that I got from a list of highly alkaline foods. This includes: Kale, cucumbers, wheat grass, (several other types of grasses I purchase in a can, called Green Vibrance), and others. The main point is, I eat almost exclusively organic greens and I mixed them up. Examples are: spinach, asparagus, avacado, etc. I have been doing this since 8-31-09. So far I feel ok. Some articles say it can be dangerous to become too alkaline. It's dangerous for me anyway, because if the tumor near my brain grows much more, I am going to die ... Thx. Leonard

Closed Thread