It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

Renee16 HB User
Stress & Anxiety???

I am so glad I found this website. I have been under alot of stress for a long time and also suffer from anxiety. Went to dr last week because I am having dizzy spells on a daily basis where I get lightheaded and feel faint. The spells occur most of the day every day and its not good when I'm driving to feel this way. Dr. gave me a complete, physical, complete bloodwork and EKG. Dr. said the physical and EKG were good and if bloodwork doesn't show anything she wants me to go back on Effexir XR. I started a couple weeks ago taking L-Theanine 200 mgs twice a day and last week started taking Holy Basil 500 mg once a day along with the L-Theanine. These products have helped some but not enough as still feel anxious and dizzy. Does anyone know of something better I can take or do I need to take more of the L-Theanine & Holy Basil?

I appreciate any suggestions that you might have. I really don't want to go back on prescriptions meds.

Last edited by Renee16; 05-06-2005 at 05:08 AM. Reason: haven't gotten a response

Old 05-07-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
(male)

greensky HB User
Re: Newbie Needs Help

Hi and welcome to this board.

I don't have any experience regarding your issues to share, but I was just reading another thread and if you haven’t seen it already, you might find something there that may help.

I can't get links to work, but it is called Anti-stress/ anxiety herbs (tea)?

Last edited by greensky; 05-07-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 07:52 AM   #3
(male)

The Len HB User
Re: Stress & Anxiety???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee16
I am so glad I found this website. I have been under alot of stress for a long time and also suffer from anxiety. Went to dr last week because I am having dizzy spells on a daily basis where I get lightheaded and feel faint. The spells occur most of the day every day and its not good when I'm driving to feel this way. Dr. gave me a complete, physical, complete bloodwork and EKG. Dr. said the physical and EKG were good and if bloodwork doesn't show anything she wants me to go back on Effexir XR. I started a couple weeks ago taking L-Theanine 200 mgs twice a day and last week started taking Holy Basil 500 mg once a day along with the L-Theanine. These products have helped some but not enough as still feel anxious and dizzy. Does anyone know of something better I can take or do I need to take more of the L-Theanine & Holy Basil?

I appreciate any suggestions that you might have. I really don't want to go back on prescriptions meds.
African Red Rooibos Tea helps calm anxiety, and to a lesser extent...Chamomile Tea. Look into taking some yoga or meditation classes. That helps a lot! Ever hear of psycho-sematic illness? When someone believes something so strongly, that even when an illness is not there to begin with, it actually happens because they fanatically believe they are sick. The same mechanism can be used opposite of that...to cure yourself. That's where the meditation classes come in. The more you meditate, the better you'll feel. Another advise to give you is try not to depend on prescription drugs if you don't have to. Obviously if a doctor is telling you have to take something, do as you're told. But if you can get away with taking a natural alternative, go that route. Obviously stay away from anything that has caffiene in it. Look at the color pink a lot. That is scientifically proven to help calm people down. A lot of bathrooms and even prison walls are painted pink to help calm the inmates down. Listen to soft classical or new age music. Soft, relaxing music helps calm you down. And remember....a situation is only stressful if you allow it to be. Also regular exercise, 8 hours of sleep, and with the exception of fruits and vegetables, avoid as much sugar as possible. The world can be coming down on you and as long as you are strong within yourself to not allow it to get to you, it can't. I hope all this helps.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
(female)

Renee16 HB User

I want to thank you for your help. I never knew that the pink had a calming effect. I do exercise for about an hour a day except Sunday. I have been told by my friends and family that I eat too healthy if thats possible. I do plan to get a book on Yoga and meditating.

I would still like to know if there is something better I can try other than the L-Theanine & Holy Basil?

Old 05-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

IMO you need to get evaluated by an ENT. You might have an inner ear or sinus problem causing your symptoms.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
(female)

Renee16 HB User

Just wanted to give an update. My dr. said blood work came back and was good and am in excellent health. She called in mecilizine in case of inner ear and/or sinus problem. It doesn't seem to be helping. I would really like to know if someone knows of a better alternative than what I'm presently taking which is L-Theanine 200 mgs twice a day and Holy Basil 500 mgs twice a day.

Closed Thread