It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

no_storybook HB User
tea tree mouth wash

i have sore gums and sensitive teeth. i use tom's of maine tooth paste w/o flouride and with whitening gel. i really like this toothpaste but i've been reading up on tea tree mouth wash to go along w/ it. has any one had any good or bad experiences w/ this type of mouth wash? or had this problem and what did you use? thank you so much for your advice

Old 05-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: tea tree mouth wash

Hi, Last fall I had a bad reaction to a med that caused sore & burning tongue and mouth. I decided to go "organic" as the sodium lauryl sulfate was listed in everything I was using, & being allergic to sulfites, I figured maybe they were related. I found a tea tree & cinnamon t-paste & mouthwash without the SLS, and although th etaste takes some getting used to...it seemed to reduce the inflammation. Tea Tree is a natural antibacterial, so what the heck, right? At that point I would try anything. The problem resolved, but I still use this product. I find these is the stores that sell organic whole foods. Give it a try, I don't think they can hurt. And sodium lauryl sulfate is basically a detergent...it's probably in your shampoo too!
Hope your mouth feels better soon.
P.S. You may want to check in with a dentist, too. Just in case there is a medical reason you have this soreness.
Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
(female)

no_storybook HB User

thanks so much for the advice. personal experience always helps. i stopped using shampoos and soaps w/ sodium lauryl sulfates, and even though i use a natural toothpaste, i will make sure they didn't throw that in there.
again thanks!

Old 05-20-2005, 04:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

I've made my own rinse with tea tree oil. I use about a 1/4 cup of warm water, 4drops of tea tree oil and stir it up good with a straw (oil and water doesn't mix too well) swish for as long as possible, spit, and keep swishing and spitting till it's gone. I do it for a sore mouth and thrush.

Closed Thread