It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #1

crazygrl777 HB User
How beneficial are colonics?

I have severe constipation and I am at the end of my rope. I eat tons of fiber and drinkk plenty of water. Would it be beneficial for me to try a colonic or something along those lines? Does anyone have any experience with them?

Old 05-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
(male)

el gato HB User
Re: How beneficial are colonics?

I'm sorry that I just found your post.Sorry about your constipation problem also.I am a 56 year old male and have done colonics.They are awsome.About 5 years ago I was getting a little constipation now and then.I had heard about colonics and thought that the time was right to give it a try.About a week before my first appointment I started taking fiber supliments.The first colonic was a huge success.I felt great.At first I was doing them once a week and after a month I was completely straightened out and regular.Now I go for a colonic once a month and stay on a fiber suppliment.You should try it at least once,it's not unpleasant.Good luck and stay posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 12:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

El Gato,
What typs of places offer colonics? I mean, should I look up the word 'Colonics' in the phone book or directory? Also, about how much do they cost? Thanks.

Old 05-31-2005, 09:16 AM   #4
(male)

el gato HB User

Look in the yellow pages under colonic irrigation or alternative medicine.Here in Phoenix they are about $50.00/$60.00 a session and it takes about an hour for the proceedure.Very well worth the money.Good luck and keep posted.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #5

crazygrl777 HB User

What exactly do colonics do that help the body? I know what the procedure is, but how does it help? Someone told me not to go if I have having bowel problems, but rather to wait until I am regular. Any advice?

Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
(male)

el gato HB User

I started colonics when I was having regularity problems.From what I have understood,the process gently causes your colon to expand and contract cleaning out those pockets that "crud" gets stuck in.The proceedure is not at all unpleasant and you feel so clean inside.I feel more relaxed after a session and sleep like a baby.You owe it to yourself to try it at least once.Keep posted,don't be shy,this is a good thing.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

I was wondering if someone that has had a colonic done, could explain a little more about the process? For example, do you have to get completely naked from the waist down? Is there a person in the room with you during the process? I'm just a little shy about it.

By the way, is hydrotherapy another name for colonics?

Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #8

DTemple HB User

Hi, I had one done last Fall because I was detoxing from mercury. My health care provider for my hydrocolon therapy does it in an office in her private home. I was kind of nervouse, but she was one of the most professional providers I have ever met, very informed and knowledgable. Yes, you do remove your clothes from the lower half of your body and lay flat on a padded table. It's very comfortable. Her equipment was viewable behind a glass window and was installed inside the wall. It's very sterile. You lie on your side and they insert a tube inside you. The first part was painful for me because it is a series of steps where they fill you up, then release. You can watch the "backwash" through the window, if you want to. I think mine was painful because I am loaded with Candida overgrowth which produces intestinal gas. She was so nice about it and she went very slowly. Towards the end of the procedure, it didn't hurt anymore. I was there for over an hour because of my Candida problems. Afterwards I felt energetic and lighter, but once I got home I actually threw up and I was very tired. I called her to tell her that and she said she had done over 2,000 of them and no one had reported becoming ill. I think it was whatever I ate for lunch, or some reaction to my Candida. I would definitely do the procedure again with her. In the meantime, I have done a three month colon cleanse that also kills parasites using Paranil. I'ts on the internet, but I don't think I am allowed to mention the website name. It was also very good for eliminating old fecal material. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:01 AM   #9
(female)

DaVinci HB User

I did a colonic once, only once, however it was professionally done with minimal embarr***ment. After the procedure, while driving home I noticed that my eyesight was much better. I would highly recommend it especially with people who feel their problems are gastrointestinally related. Would love to do the full series but at 75 a pop I can't afford to be healthy.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:17 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

jbbrocky HB User

can somebody please explain the procedure of a colonic done by someone else? is it way more effective than taking pills and fiber to clean out your colon?

Closed Thread