It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User
Chelation therapy

Has anyone had any experience with chelation therapy (IV)?. I was also wondering if anyone had tried the chelation suppositories. ?They are supposed to remove heavy metals form the body and also unclog the arteries. I have read several convincing books and have known people that just swore by it. Then I get on internet and most on their call it quackery.

I really think it works.......but get confused when I read on internet. And it cost an awful lot of money to try it if it doesn't work.

The doctors giving the IV chelation say the suppositories (much cheaper) don't work, but if they did work that would put them out of business.

Three suppositoies are equivelent to one IV treatment and you don't have to have all the lab tests and doctor bills or take the time to sit in doctor's clinic for several hours.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

MA2AZ HB User
Re: Chelation therapy

Hi, I am one of thoes who swears by chelation therapy. I had PV disease just like my Mother. She had many operations and I decided I would not go through all that pain - so I looked for some kind of Alt Med and found my answer. IV edta theraphy That was about 10 years ago and I just turned fourtyish And my arteries are working better than me...
I understand why you would be questioning this treatment even though you have heard from others that it works. And the money thing beleive me is something that I also questioned (supporties are ok for a short term I quess I never tryed them because what I am doing works). I would suggest finding a MD that does edta and have a consult with them first. This way you can get the facts and references that will help you.
fyi: I am disabled due to a back injury - on a fixed income and do without just to continue feeling well -
Hope this has helped and please have an open mind, if you are in pain there is another way. ELiz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Eliz....................My husband had chelation about three yrs. ago because he had angioplasty on one artery and had several other arteries that were partially blocked, but he was never checked after the 35 treatments to see if it had helped him. He did feel better and he was able to get off his blood pressure medicine (back on it now) When he would go for treatments, I talked to many of the people there who were taking them and got nothing but good reports about what it had done for them. The initial workup ( all kinds of test and complete physical on circulation and bloodwork) was $1000 and took all day. Each treatment was $100.

The only thing that I questioned was I had read that each IV treatment should take 3 hrs. Most of the time it took him and the others there only 1 1/2 hrs. I was afraid he was not getting the full benefit of the treatment. Then he just quit because it was so hard to get off work to get them.

Then I read about the suppositories and thought how wonderful and convenient if they only worked.

I need the treatment too because of circulation in my legs.

What did you take the treatments for, how many, and what did they cost you, and also how long did it take you to get IV? You said you had PV disease, but I don't know what the initials stand for. Haven't been on board long enough.

Will post back if I find out anything more on the suppositories. Don't know where I can get the truth unless from someone who has tried them. Can't trust the companies that sell them , can't trust the cardiologists (they don't want you to cut into their pocketbook) and even the DO's that are giving the IV treatment won't tell you the truth because it would put them out of business.

Thanks again
Marilyn

Old 05-24-2005, 07:09 AM   #4
(female)

MA2AZ HB User

Hi Marilyn - I am so sure that for me and many others I have met that edta works and that I could go on and on about it. First it is important to read all the books about it like I did many years ago - and I wasn't sure at the time if chelation therapy worked but I felt I had nothing to lose and if you could see me now you would understand. Chelation is something that needs to be done (after the original 35 or less) every month or so depending on how you feel. After that there are other things that do not take 3 hours.
What I do is 1/2 bag once a month then the 3 hour one and so forth.

I have seen many (mostly men ) want to hurry up and not stay for the full 3 hours - I don't know why... And after it starts to work they stop when it is something that should be done now and then. once a month for me.

One thing for sure is to find a Medical Dr that belives in AM that you like, that you can talk etc. I have met some that only care about money but I soon left and continued searching until I found the right one and the right iv nurse toooo. I had (PV) peripheral vascular disease (in neck and legs) and could not walk up a flight of stairs or lift my arm over my head - I was a mess all thoes years ago. Even though it costs $75.00 to $125.oo a month to do this how could I stop something that works? PS it help wrinkels to and lots of other things.... Please, if your husbad won't do it than think about it for yourself and check it out - ask the Dr's - read and before you know it maybe he will go back with you. Let me know how you are both doing. Best of luck,Eliz

Old 06-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

I'd like to keep this topic going, as my testing just showed high levels of heavy metals (mercury, arsenic & lead). My Dr. is suggesting IV EDA Chelation, but I'm very leary about it due to my age & health.

I'd like to talk to people who have done the suppositories, or other ways to see if that worked for them.

Anyone?

Thanks....................carole

Old 06-13-2005, 01:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

How did your doctor determine that you had high levels of metal? Bloodwork or hair analysis? My doctor did both. My HAIR ANALYSIS showed I had high levels of titanium (the only heavy metal) and my iron, maganese and iodine was very high. I don't put color on my hair or get permanents (this can affect the test)...............................My BLOODWORK showed my iron to be normal.
Also H ANALYSIS showed my potassium and calcium to be LOW and my BLOODWORK showed it to be normal. So, I am very confused. One nutritionist said to not get chelation based sorely on hair analysis. Another one said they were very accurate....that the h. analysis showed what your body was not absorbing. If your body does not absorb, the nutritient is stored in the cells or hair. So , I am really confused and would love to know the answer to this.

But, I do believe chelation works. When my husband was taking it I saw it work. People would come in with their legs and feet turning black from diabetes and poor circulation and after a few treatments you could see the color coming back.

One lady came in and her Dr. was going to remove her foot. Her foot was saved and she only lost a couple of her toes. If she had come in sooner she wouldn't have lost those.

You just have to be sure you are getting the full treatment and take the full 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. to get IV. If you take it too fast you don't get the full benefit. Also, I have heard that some doctors give "1/2" treatments, so just be sure your doctor is reputable.

I just kind of think the suspositories would also work. I, like you, would love for someone to comment on them.

Old 06-14-2005, 08:48 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

My fears of the I.V. therapy is that #1, I'm too sick to sit for 3 hours. I can't handle needles in my arm (that's a clue I guess) and I "react" to almost everything that goes into my body.

I know I have to get these poisons out of my body someway; just haven't found the answer yet.

carole

Old 06-14-2005, 03:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

If I couldn't take the IV's then I would think about trying the suppositories OR I have read some positive testimonies on here about Cardio Renew. Do a search and read about them. I think I will try one of these. We should be able to tell in a few weeks if it is doing any good......and heck, I've spent that much on doctors visit that didn't do one bit of good.

Old 06-14-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

I've decided that the IV chelation is too invasive for me, but down the road I'm going to start on the "suppositories", which my Dr. says is the next best thing. He's recommending a 3 month tx with these.

Anyone else tried these?

LIGHT*********carole

Old 06-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

I've decided not to do the IV chelation. My Dr. told me that he had several patients on the suppositories (EDTA), along with Cellfood.

Anyone tried these/

Thanks...................carole

Old 06-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #11

DTemple HB User

I have never heard of the suppositories, has anyone heard of the oral EDTA chelation and has anyone ever taken it? It claims to be just as effective as the IV one, but it takes longer because it's oral.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

I posted this "somewhere", but according to the Dr. I'm working with, his first recommendation was I.V. (too strong for me); then suppositories (also has side affects); then NDF, which sounds the least invasive.

He didn't recommend the "oral"; according to this experience, it wasn't as effective.

carole

Old 06-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Caroleye..........Which suppositories does you doctor recommend? I have read on the internet about the calcium based EDTA and also the potassium/magnesium based. From reading, it seems that the potassium/mag based are the best, because you are wanting the remove the calcifications from your blood and arteries. Sometimes the calcium in the cal-based EDTA gets deposited in cells.

Also what are the side effects of EDTA suppositories?

And what is NDF?

SHMILY

Old 06-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

He didn't tell me the name of the suppositories; just that they were EDTA. As for the NDF, it's a chorella/cilantro combo (herbal), and they have an NDF Plus that includes others support supplements.

That seems the most non-invasive.

I'm treating heavy metals; nothing to do with artery clogging.

carole

Closed Thread