It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Has anyone tried Qigong?

I was reading some things about Qigong. Has anyone tried it before and what was your experience like?

Old 05-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
(male)

Frank186 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Qigong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Male
I was reading some things about Qigong. Has anyone tried it before and what was your experience like?

It's basically the name for various Chinese systems of meditation and energy cultivation (qi). I've seen you post regarding schizophrenia if this is what you have then I would suggest against you doing qigong. Qigong is bad for mental disorders simply because it is a very introspective practice and can lead to various problems if your mind is in disarray. If you decide to do this make sure you learn qigong from a qualified instructor. Best bet is to see a chinese medical practitioner and ask for referals at the same time while fully disclosing to them your health issues.

Frank

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks Frank186 for the info. No, I don't have Schizophrenia. In that thread about Schizophrenia, I mentioned that I know people that have it.

By the way, have you learned Qigong? Did you benefit from it?

Old 05-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
(male)

Frank186 HB User

Concerned,

I've only practiced Qigong a little bit. Not nearly enough to get too much benefit. I learned how to control blood flow to my arms, hands, legs and feet a little bit and the meditative aspects clear the mind when you're stressed but that's as far as I got and as far as I'm willing to go with it. I no longer take any of the classes and with internal meditative work such as qigong you always should have an instructor in case something goes wrong. Doing it on your own can sometimes unbalance things in your body which you can't undo unless you have an instructor.

Frank

Closed Thread