It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
(male)

ksaw HB User
Magnetic Therapy?

What are your thoughts on it?

Last edited by ksaw; 05-24-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Re: Magnetic Therapy?

I always thought it to be a good addition to balancing the body until my partner at work had a bad experience with it. She bought a magnetic bed pad to sleep on hoping it would help with her back pain as well as anxiety. Ony after a few days she started feeling flu like and ill. She did not equate it to the pad. But as the week turned into two and so on she thought maybe it was the pad. She went to her chiropractor and told him how she was feeling, when they explored possible reasons, the pad came up. He immediately said he also had similar experiences with magnetic pads. It took her several months to feel whole again. Her chiropractoe also said it took him awhile as well to recover from it.
Others say it is great- so it seems it can be pretty powerful for some people. Depends on your sensativites.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I responded to this post yesterday but it does not show that on the board. Hopefully this will come up.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:02 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

I started using magnets for pain in the early 80's when they first came out.
I now have a box full of ankle, wrist, back wraps, along with the little spot magnets for my sciatica, and any other owies.

I tried the mattress pad years ago, and it was way too stimulating for me, but the rest work really well for me.

carole

Old 05-30-2005, 12:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

I have used small magnets for every ache and pain for many many years. If I feel a 'twinge' in my knee, I adhesive tape a small magnet or two onto the spot .. the pain usually disappears within an hour.

For back pain I have a belt-like contraption which closes with velcro strips, and contains 12 larger magnets. It helps me a lot. I would say as much as BenGay or a pain killer. I never tried a mattress pad.

I really believe magnets help for all kinds of aches and pains.

Martha

Closed Thread