It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

no_storybook HB User
Natural Beauty Products???

i would really like to start to use rose water and lemon juice for my face. and maybe even incoporate apple cider vinegar into my beauty care routine but i don't know how! i've read so many good things about them. if anyone uses anything very pure and simple for their skin, hair, nails, teeth, etc. i would love some advice. thank you!

Old 05-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
(male)

greensky HB User
Re: Natural Beauty Products???

I use backing soda or oregano oil to brush my teeth. If you want to try oregano oil you put a drop on something and barely dip the tip of your tooth brush in it. It is very strong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

no_storybook HB User

thank you so much for your reply. what about oregano oil is good for your teeth and gums?

anyone else?

Old 05-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

What are you trying to accomplish? I would pick one or the other Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Using both would be irritating. Don't use either of them at full strength, dilute them with water. Use at least a 1:1 ratio of water to juice or vinegar. If that is too strong use more water.

Lemon juice is good for skin lightening and exfoliating. Apple cider vinegar is good for exfoliating too, and acne.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
(female)

no_storybook HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezydiva
What are you trying to accomplish? Lemon juice is good for skin lightening and exfoliating.
Apple cider vinegar is good for exfoliating too, and acne.

i am trying to find something very gentle and pure for my face as a cleanser. everything seems to break me out and i just want my skin to go back to normal. (i've been breaking out for almost a year now)
i would like anything that is very pure and natural. no added chemicals at all.

thank you so much for your advice!

Old 05-31-2005, 09:01 AM   #6
(male)

greensky HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_storybook
thank you so much for your reply. what about oregano oil is good for your teeth and gums?
It's anti-bacterial. I have read that you can use hydrogen peroxide 17.5% if you don't have any metal fillings. It's also anti-bacterial but should also, after a while whiten, your teeth. I havn't tried it myself, as I still have metal fillings.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:19 AM   #7
(female)

no_storybook HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensky
It's anti-bacterial. I have read that you can use hydrogen peroxide 17.5% if you don't have any metal fillings. It's also anti-bacterial but should also, after a while whiten, your teeth. I havn't tried it myself, as I still have metal fillings.
i have metal fillings as well so i guess that's out for me too. i'll try the oregano. thanks

Old 05-31-2005, 11:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

then try the apple cider vinegar. It is gentle when diluted properly and it really helps fight acne. I don't use it myself, but I know people who've had great success with it.

Old 05-31-2005, 02:34 PM   #9

DebraL HB User

Best thing I have found for my face is Cetaphyl. I have sensitive skin and cannot use any soaps but Tone. HOWEVER , if you want completely natural use oatmeal. Put it in the blender. Absorbs oil and makes your skin soft.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:12 AM   #10
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

acv works great i use a diluted form as a toner after i wash , also for all natural stuff for the skin: pure cosmetic clays with nothing in them cant be beat! i use fullers earth, and it sucks the all the oil out of my skin , makes the pores look smaller, and gets rid of redness. its cheap too , you get tons for your money and it lasts forever. i purchased mine online from an herbal company in oregon (i d tell you where but i dotn think you are alloweed) they also sell pure french greeen clay, and bentoonite and rhassoul clays. if you have dry skin dont use fullers, they actually use the stuff to clean up oil spills! the site i purchased from also sells herbs, other all natural facial products like steams and cleansers, tinctures, and essential oils.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #11
(female)

goldenseal HB User

in terms of lemon juice... here's what you should do: wash face with water, apply lemon juice to a cotton swab... rub all over face... let sit for a minute (may tingle)... then wash off really well. i've heard its wonderful for getting all the dirt out... i myself haven't had any success with it. Lemon juice isn't gentle though... so beware...

Old 08-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #12
(female)

goldenseal HB User

Oh yeah... you should make an all natural, gentle face mask!! Here's how: get a blender, put inside: oatmeal (someone earlier reminded me of the mask i used to make w/ oatmeal), egg (sulfur's great for the skin), lemon juice, a dab of hydrogen peroxide and either aloe vera or jojoba oil. The mask should both soothe and clean your skin. It's really wonderful... I suggest trying it!!!!!

Old 08-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #13
(female)

cathie139 HB User

I have tried many different products and the majority of them have made me break out. I started using Nicole Miller Skin Care and Cosmetics about 6 months ago and I've had no break outs since. One of the things I really liked about this product when I decided to try it is that there is a 100% empty bottle guarantee for 60 days. Obviously since I have been using the product for 6 months, I didn't have to use the guarantee.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #14
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathie139
I have tried many different products and the majority of them have made me break out. I started using Nicole Miller Skin Care and Cosmetics about 6 months ago and I've had no break outs since. One of the things I really liked about this product when I decided to try it is that there is a 100% empty bottle guarantee for 60 days. Obviously since I have been using the product for 6 months, I didn't have to use the guarantee.
Hi Cathie139,
Do you like the make up? I've been thinking about ordering this line but just bought into Origins skincare line and i've broke out like crazy. It cost me a small fortune.
I used Maleluca hairspray when I was in highschool(89-92) and it was the best! My parents used to get the oil and pain-atrate, and my mom and I loved the hairspray, but our distributor quit selling and we quit too. I looked up the site and I didnt know they had a makeup line. (wow) they've come along way in the past 15 years. I'd love for you tell me what you've tried and what you like best before I waste alot more money. I break out all the time, especially before my period. I have tried eveything. Almost every department store line, all the expensive acne lines. I keep going back to neutrogena, it's so far my favorite. I used Clinique and my younger years but dont care much for it now that i'm older and my skin is worse. I have fair skin and blonde hair. Any recomendations?
thanks,
---Moon

Old 11-29-2005, 11:36 AM   #15
(female)

chel79 HB User

Try Burt's Bees, it is amazing and all natural. You can get it prqactically anywhere these days. They have products for troubled, aging, and sensitive skin. I have been using their lip blam for years and decided to try their other products a few months ago. I'll never go back! Now almost everything in my bathroom is Burt's Bees. Most of my friends and family have converted too, they all love it.

Closed Thread