It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
(male)

littlegeneral HB User
Question Variety of Symptoms--help!

All,

You know over the past couple of years I have experienced a variety of symptoms and problems with no real solutions. I have experienced stomach pain, groin pain, fatigue, and just overall not feeling well. I have had a number of test with no real significant results. I have undergone a ventral hernia surgery. Recently, I was diagnosed with prostatitis. The antibiotics - Trimethoprim, Cipro, and Doxycyclin really have done nothing for me and now I have blood in my stool from a hemocult test. All six samples turned up positive for blood. My doctor thinks this could be colitis or something else. When does this end?

I have never concidered alternative medicine before but I am starting to lean that way because I am beginning to believe antibiotics are not the answer to everything.

Does anyone have any solutions for the prostrate or colon? What about fatigue? Are there alternative medicine solutions that are safe or are they like antibiotics and cause more problems? Any solutions?

Littlegeneral

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Variety of Symptoms--help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegeneral
All,

You know over the past couple of years I have experienced a variety of symptoms and problems with no real solutions. I have experienced stomach pain, groin pain, fatigue, and just overall not feeling well. I have had a number of test with no real significant results. I have undergone a ventral hernia surgery. Recently, I was diagnosed with prostatitis. The antibiotics - Trimethoprim, Cipro, and Doxycyclin really have done nothing for me and now I have blood in my stool from a hemocult test. All six samples turned up positive for blood. My doctor thinks this could be colitis or something else. When does this end?

I have never concidered alternative medicine before but I am starting to lean that way because I am beginning to believe antibiotics are not the answer to everything.
I think that "Saw Palmetto" is actually good for the prostate. Check up on it first make sure you check with your doc. But I did read about the benefits of this herb somewhere which indicated that it's good for the prostate. Just my advice.
Does anyone have any solutions for the prostrate or colon? What about fatigue? Are there alternative medicine solutions that are safe or are they like antibiotics and cause more problems? Any solutions?

Littlegeneral
Oops, I don't know what happened to the post but again, I've read that the herb "Saw Palmetto" is actually good for the prostate and the herb triphala is supposed to be good for the colon. Just my advice!

Last edited by Jess75; 06-07-2005 at 01:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

You may want to check the side effects of the antibiotics you were taking. Some can cause bleeding in the intestinal tract, even weeks after you took them.
Saw Palmetto is supposed to be good for the prostate..I've read that also.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
(male)

greensky HB User

If you want to try alternative I think you need to be patient, there is probably not a quick fix. Herbs and other supplements take time to work. There aren’t fast acting like drugs.

I think you need to inform your self on the options and maybe try to solve your problems from different angels. How is your diet? Do you drink and smoke?

Generally speaking I think alternative treatments are much safer then traditional medicine, but that doesn’t mean you can throw all caution and common sense over board. I think it’s a god idea to learn about the supplements you want take, and get information on any possible side effects. Personally I feel much safer taking herbs etc. then drugs, even common drugs as aspirin and the like can have serious side effects, with long time use.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

TheHappyMan HB UserTheHappyMan HB User

Well said, Greensky......

Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

aslo HB User

Yes conventional medicine will sooner or later make anyone turn to alternative.
I really dont have any answers, but....
The blood only showed up in the hemocult test, you dont see any dark stools or blood in the stool? No diarhea or constipation? If you dont see much, it shouldnt be much of a problem. Even internal hemmorhoids will show up on the hemocult. As some one mentioned the antibiotics youve taken are enough to cause other problems including irritating the colon. If you dont have d or c, or visible blood, or dark tarry stools, you dont have to worry that much, just try to improve it. I heartly reccommend taking two probiotics(acidophilus etc.) per day this would benefit the colon no matter what. Also eat yogurt.
How was the prostate diagnosed, by finger? Enlarged, sore? If you do have a prostate problem, this could cause all the symptoms of groin pain, abdominal pain, cramps you name it. In my case, the prostate was being irritated by things, stimulants and antihistamines, alcohol. If you want to skip the antibiotics, skip also coffee, alcohol, antihistamines, spicy food etc. Drink plenty of water, cranberry juice, add zinc to your vitamins, and ahem, ejaculate every day, one way or the other. Not too much, not too little is the rule.
Best of luck.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #7

theREDshoes HB User

Groin pain, fatigue and abdominal pain can all be signs of a zinc deficiency. If you are having any kind of prostate problem you should always consider zinc first. The highest concentrations of zinc in the body are in the prostate gland.

A product called Zinc Status will tell you right way if you are zinc deficient. It costs about $15 in a health food store. Unfortunately most doctors don't really have any interest in nutrition.

I have a zinc deficiency and can be prone to fatigue. The zinc can help with fatigue. However, I am not recommending that you try supplementing on your own, but talking to your doctor about this.

Closed Thread