It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
(male)

AlienB HB User
Hemmorhoid Treatment??

ALL,
Has anyone tried alternative treatments for hemmorhoids?
I noticed several oral alternatives on the net. Some are in capsule form and others in creams.
I've tried Witch Hazel (Tucks),soaking, and some ice with not much improvement.
Let me know if anyone has tried any alternative remedies..

Old 06-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User
Re: Hemmorhoid Treatment??

Hi!

I have heard of drinking Aloe Vera Juice to help shrink H's. 8 ounces, twice a day. I did this, but it didn't really help me much, unfortunately.

Some other things to try-slippery elm, marshmallow. These help with lubricating the stools, therefore making them very easy to pass. I have not tried this but just wanted to share it with you.

I have found that OTC products don't really work for me, but I have noticed that my H's have shrunk almost completely (no complaints here!). However, I'm not sure why mine have shrunk, but I am trying to figure it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
(male)

Bob2 HB User

I have a treatment that works for me. I discovered it by accident. I take 2 capsules of dandelion root 3 times a day and it does wonders for my hemmroids. I was taking dandelion because it is good for the liver. I take several other herbs and noticed that my hemmroids had improved tremendously. I didn't know which one was causing the improvement. I decided I was taking too many herbs so I discontinued dandelion. My hemmroids immediately got worse. Needless to say I went back to taking dandelion root.

I questioned a knowledgable herbalist about why dandelion root would help hemmroids and he said it was because it helped improve the blood flow in the portal vein. This vein goes from the lower abdominal region to the liver and is apparently one of the major veins that brings blood to the liver for detoxification,

Old 06-16-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

You can use a pure aloe suppository... use a sharp knife to remove the green skin from a piece of the plant and use it like you would any other suppository, it works wonders on the itching and inflammation. If you have never used pure aloe before you may want to spot test it on your skin first, just like any plant, some people are sensitive to it. Regards.

Closed Thread