It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
(female)

rhodasoda HB User
fighting digestive disorders/constipation

I am looking for anyone who has tried any herbs or supplements that combated a petic ulcer such as gastritis and I was wondering what your results were and what the herb or supplement was.

Also I am looking for a natural laxative. A lot of the laxatives that you find OTC have the same ingredients as the one in herbal stores. What dietary foods help with constipation?

Thanks for the help. I have completely lost faith in doctors.

Old 06-24-2005, 06:08 PM   #2

DebraL HB User
Re: fighting digestive disorders/constipation

My brother swears by aloe vera capsules and noni fruit tablets. Im not sure which of the two helped the constipation, but he said they were the only thing that ever worked for him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 09:19 PM   #3

jazzyE HB User

The only thing that works for me is Super Cleanse by Nature's Secret. I take it at night before be and the next day I'm emptied.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

In the laxative department, Triphala is the only things I would ever consider using. It is not a stimulant so one does not develop dependency.

What dietary restrictions do you have with the ulcer? Without knowing, more fiber ought to help the constipation. Some get it from grains and bran, but these can be irritating to the digestive track, so might not be appropriate for you. Veggies and fruits add fiber to the diet (plus lots of nutrients). Prunes. Yogurt can help. Cutting out all the refined, processed foods; getting sufficient good fat.

Last edited by auntjudyg; 06-27-2005 at 09:27 AM.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
(male)

AlienB HB User

A diet of fruits, meat and veggies helped me somewhat. Bran for breakfast is was also a big help.
If you still have a problem try some Swiss Kriss it will get you going..

Old 06-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #6
(female)

rhodasoda HB User

Thanks for the responses. I just tried changing the cereal I eat in the morning and I think I am cured. It is also the first day of my cycle and things usually seem to loosen up then too.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
(male)

Resipsa HB User

To add to what other have said, consider probiotics and digestive enzymes. There are a number of fairly recent peer reviewed studies available that may be helpful, too. Go Aloe!

Old 06-29-2005, 10:52 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Cabbage (raw) and cabbage juice are old cures for peptic ulcers. The high content of glutamine is very good for healing the mucus membranes of the digestive tract.

Eating bananas every day is also good for ulcers.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

I agree with Auntjudy. Triphala is a wonderfull herb.
I also find benefiber to be good because the powdery substance dissolves right into the liquid and doesn't have a gritty taste.
Of course, the good old increasing the fruit and veggie concept!

Old 08-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

Try grinding 3 parts flaxseed, 2 parts sunflour seeds, 1 part almonds in a coffe grinder (the oils in the flaxseed will make it just slightly sticky). Sprinkle this on cereal or do what I do and just mix it in a breakfast shake, or sometimes even water. Or you can just mix ground flax seed. This will help with constipation. I don't know about the ulcer but I am eating no sugars or carbs right now and with only 1 bout of mild constipation (didn't take enough flaxseed) I seem to be staying pretty regular.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:37 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

magnesium is a also a nat. laxative, sometimes if we don't have enough of this in our system it can cause our muscles to contract/spasm or twitch. Magnesium citrate will flush out if you get too much, 400mg. daily is the recommended dose, 200mg am and 200mg pm with food.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #12

DTemple HB User

My gastroenterologist just recommended Fiber One cereal, drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, exercise and Benefiber.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:22 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

ground flaxseed , about 2 tablespoons in a bowl of oatmeal. U se as you need. Potent and healthy!

Closed Thread