It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
(male)

AlienB HB User
urinary health

All,
I've been having trouble with a slow urinary stream and going after consuming almost any fluid. Does anyone know of any alternative teatments for prostate troubles or urinary tract problems?
Someone said this sounded like a blood sugar problem, anything natural for regulating this? I see many supplements addressing these issues, but I don't know what to try.
Please let me know any suggestions..thanks

Old 06-27-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
(male)

greensky HB User
Re: urinary health

I think you should get this checked by a doctor. If you have a diagnose it will be easier to give you some suggestions. Don't get me wrong I'm all for alternative treatments, and I'm not necessarily suggesting that you follow the doctor’s treatment. But it should be very easy to test your blood sugar and prostate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
(male)

Resipsa HB User

I would definitely talk to a Urologist. If u believe it is a prostate issue, there are a number or peer review studies that support using Saw palmetto.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

I'm saying the same thing...you should see a doctor...even though sometimes this is an embarrassing condition.

A number of problems could be causing this, including infections. If doctor's care doesn't work, then you could try marshmallow root. It must be properly prepared. There are many other herbs that help urinary problems.

I've got tons of help to supply you, but I suggest coming back to us after you've seen a physician. Or if you want to know more about alternative medicine for such conditions, I'd be glad to help. Know that a physician can often narrow down the cause of the problems; otherwise we end up guessing....

Old 06-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #5
(male)

AlienB HB User

All,
Hey everyone I went to Dr. and he mentioned Prostatitis. I was given Cipro for the "possible" infection. He also said to take warm baths and did mention Saw Palmeto. My bladder seems a little tender and I have some pressure after consuming water.
We ruled out blood sugar (great) but he didn't milk the Prostrate. However, after reading about I'm just not sure. I'll try the antibotics but any alternative suggestions would be great. thanks

Old 07-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

That's good that you've seen a doctor.

There are many alternative ways you could review to help urinary problems. As I mentioned before, you could try Marshmallow Root. In addition there's Gravel Root, Hydrangea, Queen of the Meadow, Gotu Kola, Ginger, and Golden Seal. There are many others.

To understand herbal treatment, I suggest reading "The Way of Herbs". You'll learn how to prepare and preserve these herbal teas. To get better with herbs, one has to be very patient with this natural course. You must fully understand this and not expect to get better with a few leaves sprinkled into a hot cup of water in a short period of time. Also consider changing to a healthy diet. That's very important. In my opinion, such a diet for urinary tract conditions would consist of primarily non-processed foods, with the emphasis on seeds, nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables.

If you could find a medical professional to help you with herbs, that would be great. For me, I could not find one, and found that my self-taught methods were very beneficial. I know a lot about herbs, but there's still so much more to know and comprehend. I'm amazed to this day, how much they help me.

Old 07-04-2005, 07:26 AM   #7
(male)

greensky HB User

[QUOTE=rhody]
To understand herbal treatment, I suggest reading "The Way of Herbs". QUOTE]

Could you give the author of this book?

Old 07-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

"The Way of Herbs" is a very popular paperback book. I've never found a book filled with such valuable information as this, as far as understanding herbs in general and how to use them. The author is Michael Tierra, C.A., N.D.

Last edited by rhody; 07-04-2005 at 10:29 AM.

Old 07-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #9
(male)

greensky HB User

Thanks, I have now placed an order for this book.

Closed Thread