It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
A very embarrassing problem(anal itching)

Im sorry to bring up this most embarrassing topic but lately my Anus has itched in a horrible way.I have Candida and was thinking that compresses of Cider Vinegar would help but before trying I wanted to get some other opinions.I do not have Bragg's it is Heinz.It is so bad I have had to use a soft brush to scratch.I know you wanted to hear that but it is true.I'm ready to pull my hair out!! anyway do you think the CV would work?If not what?Please HELP!!

Old 07-04-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Re: A very embarrassing problem(anal itching)

I have no idea if this would work for you with your condition, but aloe vera has always helped me when I've had an itchy rash in other places. I've tried aloe vera for so many things, related to itches and skin problems.

When I took too many herbs, many years ago, to help remove toxins from my body, I had an itchy rash, that actually itched more, if you scratched. Thanks goodness for aloe vera. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Unhappy Re: A very embarrassing problem(anal itching)

Rhody,
I have Apple Cider Vinegar,Cornstarch,Epsom Salts,Witch Hazel,Baking Soda and white distilled Vinegar..I don't have Aloe Vera.If I don't scratch it drives me up the wall.It is an itch I MUST scratch or I would go bonkers that's how bad it is.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

You ought to try aloe vera (in gel or liquid form). It's gentle for most people. Only once did I get a bad batch; but except for that one time, it's always worked well for me, with any kind of itch. It's great for summertime too, with mosquito bites and sunburn.

One time I had an infection caused by a poor surgical procedure done by a doctor to my skin (the stitches came apart). If it wasn't for the aloe vera, I would have been in a lot of trouble, as the infection was spreading and very painful. I still ended up with a bad scar, and with the continued treatment with the aloe vera and scratching it almost daily the scar went away (another long story). Aloe vera is a wonderful thing to have in anyone's medicine cabinet.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Would the Aloe Vera sold at Dollar Store be effective?Ouch sounds like you had it rough there for awhile.I'm glad your surgical incision finally healed.I know a few women who got infections from C-sections.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

I'm not sure. But I would think any good name brand should work. It wouldn't hurt to try....

Old 07-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Rhody,
Thanks I have it on my list to pick up..I will keep my fingers crossed it works..

Old 07-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Lotus Blossom, I have that problem too, off and on. Mine seems to only start itching during the night while I am asleep for some unknown reason. I will almost claw myself raw! I have read that you should use mild soap to bath the area, and keep it dry. Use soft tissue to wipe yourself after bowel movements to prevent irritation. I think that's how mine always starts, is from having to wipe so much that I rub myself raw. Then the vicious cycle returns. I usually put some anit-itch hydrocortisone cream on it and that does help. If you still have candida, you need to get that under control or it won't go away. Eat lots of plain yogurt, take acidolphus supplements and garlic pills. That helps keep candida from returning. I know how this will drive you crazy. One day on the way to work it started up and I thought I was going to have to pull off the road an scratch!!

Old 07-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Hi,
You are correct in it driving you crazy!I have almost clawed myself raw!I have to scratch with a soft bristled brush I can't help it!I use a mild soap such as Ivory or Caress to wash but use other soaps to bathe rest of my body and I make sure I dry completely.I use both toilet paper and baby wipes after BM's.I may have Hydrocortisone cream I will look thanks for letting me know.It is so bad at times I'll try anything just to stop the itch!I do eat alot of plain Yogurt and eat fresh raw Garlic.OMG you would really be in a predicament if you had to pull off and scratch!

Old 07-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #10
(female)

titus HB User

here are some things i've found. please, if you are in doubt about any of this, talk to your doctor first. this is just stuff i have found in books and online. i hope it clears up. so not fun

eat veggies, fish, and gluten free grains such as brown rice and millet

eat plain yogurt that contains live yogurt cultures.

take some type of fiber daily. oat bran or flax seed is a good source.

make sure your diet is fruit free, sugar free, and yeast free. candida thrives in a sugary environment, so your diet should be low in carbs, and contain no yeast products or sugar in any form.

avoid aged cheeses, alcohol, baked goods, chocolate, dried fruits, fermented foods, all grains containing gluten (wheat, oats, rye, barely, and LOTS more), ham honey, nut butters, pickles, potatoes, raw mushrooms, soy sauce, sprouts, and vinegar.

Last edited by titus; 07-12-2005 at 02:22 PM.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi,

Should a person's diet be low in carbs or low in refined carbohydrates? I'm not sure of the answer as I'm not that familiar with candida, but I know that because a lot of people in Western cultures eat mostly carbs in their refined processed state, that is what we commonly say.

For example, it's surprising to know that for some people with adult onset diabetes, that eating complex carbohydrates from natural foods such as brown rice, flax seed, and millet etc. is recommended. But they must avoid the refined carbohydrates in sugar laden bread, cookies and cakes etc.

For me, millet tastes very bland, but has been great on the digestive system. From my experience, you can consume it, and you feel almost nothing in your system. I mix some fruit like bananas or berries with it, to make it taste good.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Hi Titus,
Thanks for the rundown.I eat Veggies,can't get much fresh Fish so I eat canned Salmon,Sardines in Oil,Mackeral and Tuna in Water.I haven't eaten Brown Rice or Millet.I eat Plain Yogurt and sprinkle Flax on my food,I don't eat Sugar so I do/don't eat most of what you listed.I want to ask is AquaFina the same as distilled?I thought distilled water was not best to drink?

Old 07-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #13
(female)

titus HB User

i'm not sure about the water thing, i tried to find more info about it but everything was very contradicitng. i found one page that said that distilled water helped absorb organic minerals, and a few other up sides to it, but there were also some really negative things too. so i edited it out of my previous post.

i personally think aquafina tastes like fluoride

about the "
Should a person's diet be low in carbs or low in refined carbohydrates?" i'm not sure either. i think it would be go to consult your dr about this.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:58 PM   #14
(female)

zuzu2 HB User

how about trying Calamine lotion? it works for the itch of mosquito bites. hope it helps. zuzu2

Old 07-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #15
(female)

Proverbs3130 HB User

You might consider being checked for pinworms. The most common symptoms of pinworm infection include itching around the anus with itching often worse at night. Pinworm infections occur in 5% to 15% of the general population in the United States. Just a thought.

Closed Thread