It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Infection

What are some other natural means to treat infection other than taking a course of Antibiotics?I feel like I have one or a virus of some sort but not running a temp and I don't want to resort to Antibiotics.I have Echinacea Tea to drink but not sure what else to do.It is strange because I can't put my finger on where I feel bad.I've been stressed out the past week or so could this be making me feel bad?I feel wretched!

Old 07-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red Maple HB UserRed Maple HB User
Re: Infection

I have heard that garlic has great antibiotic properties. I haven't tried it myself-so far I haven't needed to. You may want to do a few web searches for herbal remedies, and see what they say about garlic or other things. I am sure you can get lots of information there. I would comapre various information gathered on web sites before buying anything. Good luck!

Last edited by Red Maple; 07-13-2005 at 05:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Hi Lisman,
Thank you..I've read that Garlic is great for Fungus and is a natural Antibiotic so I will start chopping some in my foods and take some of the Garlic and Honey I steeped.I HATE it when I feel bad and can't put my finger on where.All I know is I feel miserable!

Old 07-20-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
(female)

ejnoble HB User

I have used garlic tablets and they work great for the flu or even to help with a cold. My son took some to get help get rid of ring worm. Something else you may want to look into is B vitemins. Hope you get to feeling better.
EJ

Old 07-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

I have Garlic tablets I bought to treat Yeast Infection..I eat raw chopped Garlic on just about everything but there are times I forget to chop some at mealtime..I have Vitamin B-complex plus Vitamin C and Vitamin B 6..are these the B Vitamins you are talking about?

Old 07-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #6
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Tinture of Cayenne Pepper will wipe out any virus or flu or bug. I have been doing Dr. Schulz's program for years whenever I feel something invading my body and I can say I have not ever been bed ridden for more then a day.
Also Oil of Oregano is great too. Look them up on the web- you'll find a lot of info. I keep it here all the time.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
(female)

jjules HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo pie
Tinture of Cayenne Pepper will wipe out any virus or flu or bug. I have been doing Dr. Schulz's program for years whenever I feel something invading my body and I can say I have not ever been bed ridden for more then a day.
Also Oil of Oregano is great too. Look them up on the web- you'll find a lot of info. I keep it here all the time.
Hi I've just started checking this site out and I was wondering how you make a tincture of cayenne and explain the benefits of oil of oregano-this is facinating-I used to cut oregano daily in the greenhouse. Thanks so much, Jules.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Armadillo Pie,
Would Cayenne pepper work just as effectively?

Old 07-22-2005, 06:58 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Jules,
You can buy the tincture but am certain you can make it just don't know how unless you use fresh Capsicum or peppers in some form of liquid like Vodka..and the OOO I think you can only buy it..

Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I do not see why staight cayenne would not work. The tinture is stronger. more concertrated, and easier to use with the droplets. When I have been ill I use it immediately and I mix it with a small amount of water. I use it every few hours and it seems to have wiped out every cold, flu, and bug I have had in the last few years. I do as much as I can handle, since it is strong.

The oil of oregeno is also powerful and especially good for anything broncial.

LIke I said, they are both staples in my household.

Old 07-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

After pondering over your posting I happend to remember a woman who lived to be almost 100.She sprinkled Cayenne Pepper on everything she ate and I've read about Cayenne Pepper drinks where you heat water and add CP.I'm definitely going to try this.I keep it on hand but have never bought Oil of Oregano.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #12
(female)

jjules HB User

Thanks Lotus Bloom & Armidillo Pie, I guess it would be easier to buy this than to make it! I hope my health food store has this available. I hope good health to both of you-thanks again Jules.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:34 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

Garlic is tough to chew and swallow fresh, and has been researched and the consensus seems to be you need to eat it raw. I love it cooked, but raw... yikes. I chew it a few times then choke it down with water, but I always have to put something in my stomach first then chase it with something else. I'm suprised how many people overlook Vitamin C. Vitamin C has been shown to have very strong health effects in Very High Doses. I supplement heavily, even more when sick. I have never had a problem taking vitamin c (when I take powder I mix with water and again make sure something else is in the stomach) except for really high doses of powder on an empty stomach. Search the net for Vitamin C, Read what Dr. Klenner did with it, read what Dr. Saul (pHD) recommends. Before the advent of all these drugs on the market that seem to cause side effects as bad as the disease or worse, Vitamin C was used Theraputically. I have also found that pure Whey Protein (which supposedly triggers the body to produce more Gluthitione - amino acid precursors) seems to help me feel better. Unfortunately there are no "Quick Fixes", but many of the previously mentioned herbs and Vitamin C can go a long ways to giving your immune system the Boost it needs. The NIH has funded a recent study about Echinachea has not shown much benefit. However I don't always believe these studies because I don't trust the motives or money behind them. Stats can say anything the money behind them wants them too. I would read about New Chapter Vitamins and Garden of Life supplements and Probiotics. A strong healthy intestinal tract seems to be the answer to keeping most disease at bay. And while you may or may not choose to use any of the products from these vitamin companies, you will open your eyes to many natural remedies and herbs you may not already know about.

Closed Thread