It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Noni Juice

I've seen something called Noni Juice advertised a lot. It claims to help with many different things. I was wondering if anyone drinks this, and what were your experiences with it?

Old 07-19-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Re: Noni Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Male
I've seen something called Noni Juice advertised a lot. It claims to help with many different things. I was wondering if anyone drinks this, and what were your experiences with it?

Noni Juice only works while your using it daily, and yes it helps with a lot of different problems. I got great benefits while I was using it. However, the really bad part of Noni Juice is, when you stop using it, you loose everything you grained, and the price doesn't make it worth using it the rest of your life!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

What types of things did it help you with?

Old 07-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User

I don't remember what the benefits were, it's been a long time ago.
What I do remember is, that the benefits I grain disappeared within a few day
after I stopped taking it.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

It's 95% sugar water. Very little Noni in the stuff. Tastes nasty unless mixed with other juices. Is pushed heavily by MLM marketers. Available at places like Costco. It's been on the Market now for about 8 years. If it worked then the Alternative community would at least be plugging it. It might have some benefit as it is an Anti-Oxident. Unfortunately the only real research was done by the Doctor working for Dole Pinnapple who discovered the enzyme Bromolin (wrong spelling sorry). He is now in his 90's and on the payroll of the largest Noni Pusher. The Xanga Juice and every other Tropical Berry that has not yet been exploited is now pushed in the same way. I am definitlely open minded and very much a believer in alternative practices, but the tried and true herbs have been used for centuries. The benefits of Noni or dangers of Noni may not be known for a very long time. And I am always skeptical of products whose main method of distribution is Multi Level Marketing. I wouldn't expect the "medical establishment" to promote this stuff, but I would expect the alternative medical community to be more enthusiastic about it if it was really treating illness. So decide for yourself. You may be better off purchasing tried and true vitamins and herbs.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

Thanks for the info notpain. What's your opinion on Pomegranate Juice?

Old 08-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
(female)

cluelessfemale HB User

I will add something about noni juice. Noni juice is not that good. It can do more harm than good. There are lots of wild noni plants in my place and I experienced taking it pure or concentrated. Noni has been banned because of the side effects.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

Honestly I have no opinion on pomegranates Juice. I used to eat the fruit as a kid. I'd think it is okay as a fruit juice, but as far as medicinal value you would think someone would have substantiated a real benefit as this fruit is farmed in California and has been around a long time. The most interesting juice is Tart Cherry Juice from Montmorency Cherries. Lots of benefits or pain relief, antioxidents, etc.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

Notpain,
Have you ever read anything on the new supplements that are called Glyco- nutrients? Their researchers even have received a Nobel Prize and lots of medical doctors in my area are convinced enough to give them to their patients.

Closed Thread