It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
(female)

no_storybook HB User
Chinese Medicine and Anemia???

i was recently told that i'm anemic. funny thing is though my parents (and doctor!) knew this all along because i had blood tests when i was younger. no one told me how to feel better though. now that i'm older, and some one could tell by just looking at me, i am desperate to find something to help me feel better. i did a little research and i know that it could be one of many types of anemia and also just be the cover of an even bigger prob. i first decided to go to my doctor and get blood work, but i am reconsidering. i would like to try to go to a Chinese Medicine Doctor or Auryvedic Doctor. i feel like they would pay attention more to all my symptoms. is this silly though? should i just get blood work done first? i just don't trust my doctor. she just gives out perscriptions. (she's the family doctor. i have no choice yet) would a chinese or auryvedic doctor be able to help?
thank you for anyone that knows:-)

Last edited by no_storybook; 07-23-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:22 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Chinese Medicine and Anemia???

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_storybook
i was recently told that i'm anemic. funny thing is though my parents (and doctor!) knew this all along because i had blood tests when i was younger. no one told me how to feel better though. now that i'm older, and some one could tell by just looking at me, i am desperate to find something to help me feel better. i did a little research and i know that it could be one of many types of anemia and also just be the cover of an even bigger prob. i first decided to go to my doctor and get blood work, but i am reconsidering. i would like to try to go to a Chinese Medicine Doctor or Auryvedic Doctor. i feel like they would pay attention more to all my symptoms. is this silly though? should i just get blood work done first? i just don't trust my doctor. she just gives out perscriptions. (she's the family doctor. i have no choice yet) would a chinese or auryvedic doctor be able to help?
thank you for anyone that knows:-)
I have great faith in Chinese doctors (those who take your pulses before prescribing). Their "medicine" is more subtle, being from natural sources, but also less toxic. I have used one for years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 10:21 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

Or a Natropathic Physician, or anyone that has a an advanced degreee in Chemisty or ... just look for the people who don't write prescriptions. I've been to 10 physicans in the past year and only the ND's have taken the time to listed. Unfortunately I'm still ill, but at least someone is finally trying. These "alternative" practioners can't really be any worse in my opinion. I was poisoned big time by Clonazepam. Chinese Medicene has been around 1,000's of years and they have a good understanding of the "whole" and energy "chi". I think it's definitely worth a shot. And a Physican that really understands nutrition may be the real ticket. Regular MD's don't study it enough to know the difference between Corn Flakes and Wheaties. My MD said "Eat a balanced diet"... whatever that means. You would be suprised once you really get into nutrition how juggeling the foods you eat changes the way you feel. You may actually be eating something that is causing the Anemia not by not getting enough of something, but something in your diet blocking the absorption of the minerals and vitamins needed to prevent Anemia. You are what you absorb!

Old 08-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

I have nothing against alternative medicine. In fact, I am planning to start accupuncture treatments for my allergies. But I would still get a check-up and bloodwork from your M.D. Tell her your symptoms of fatigue and your history of anemia. A complete blood workup might reveal something, and at the very least it gives you something for an alternative doctor to work from. Many naturopaths also order bloodwork, but chances are it won't be covered by your insurance like it will be if your M.D. orders it.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
(female)

no_storybook HB User

thank you so much. unfortantly no insurance right now so anything will be expensive. i will keep on in my search.
thanks again for your good advice!

Closed Thread