It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

jjules HB User
nasty little louses

God help me! I am going through the head lice problem again it happens about this time every year. The shampoo just doesn't seem to work on them anymore (they are so resistant). I was wondering what alternatives has anyone tried that was sucessful. Right now I lathered my daughter up with cream rinse and covered it up with a shower cap hoping to smother the little buggers! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Juless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
(female)

Bonitagirl HB User
Re: nasty little louses

Hey Jules,

I've heard that mayonaise works, slather it on like the cream rinse and cover your head for a while, maybe an hour, and they are suposed to slide right off the hair with a nit comb. I hope this works, if you or your kids have long hair, it helps to cut it shorter too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 05:46 AM   #3
(female)

veelveta HB User

my whole family recently had this problem. there's a natural product we used that not only kills the lice, but also kills the eggs. i live in australia and don't know if you can buy it in america. it contains eucalyptus oil. i believe it actually disolves the eggs because when we had ants we used a mint spray on them and the ant would just disintegrate. so if you can find some eucalyptus or mint oil and mix it with your shampoo, it might just work. we used ours once a week for 3 weeks. we didn't need to comb out the eggs. good luck.

Last edited by veelveta; 07-26-2005 at 05:47 AM.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #4
(female)

jjules HB User

Thanks to both of you! So far the cream rinse action seems to work time will tell. I will try both if this doesn't work. Thanks again! Jules

Old 07-30-2005, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hi, I remembered your post from the other day, and while looking for a recipe I ran across a sheet of everyday household products that works for different things. The third or fouth on the list was mayonaise (just like Bonitagirl said) kills lice. So just thought I add my 2 cents.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #6
(female)

jjules HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLASRULES
Hi, I remembered your post from the other day, and while looking for a recipe I ran across a sheet of everyday household products that works for different things. The third or fouth on the list was mayonaise (just like Bonitagirl said) kills lice. So just thought I add my 2 cents.
Gosh do you remember what the others on the list said. Thanks Jules

Old 08-02-2005, 05:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjules
Gosh do you remember what the others on the list said. Thanks Jules
Well, that was the only one about what kills lice.
Have you had any luck with anything yet?

Old 08-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
(female)

jjules HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLASRULES
Well, that was the only one about what kills lice.
Have you had any luck with anything yet?
The cream rinse smothering has worked so far! Jules

Old 08-06-2005, 07:40 AM   #9

huntingfor HB User

Olive oil!! Saturate evryones heads that are affected(put old shirts on) and comb,comb,comb! If you have a nit comb it will slide right through.Use toilet paper or a paper towel to keep wiping comb.If you can leave in for a couple days and keep combing.My kids don't like the oil,but it does the job the best I have used! Nits and bugs come out real easy. Good luck.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #10
(female)

jjules HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfor
Olive oil!! Saturate evryones heads that are affected(put old shirts on) and comb,comb,comb! If you have a nit comb it will slide right through.Use toilet paper or a paper towel to keep wiping comb.If you can leave in for a couple days and keep combing.My kids don't like the oil,but it does the job the best I have used! Nits and bugs come out real easy. Good luck.
Thanks I will try this if I have this problem again. Jules

Old 08-13-2005, 12:37 AM   #11
(female)

Jennihul HB User

I just read somewhere that the medicinal shampoos are creating drug resistant lice and that the best treatment they think is the comb for seven days straight with no shampoo, maybe cream rinse to help the comb through easier.
\

Jennifer

Old 08-13-2005, 01:27 AM   #12
(female)

veelveta HB User

you're right. they have become resistant to the medicinal shampoos. like i said, we used a natural product made with eucalyptus oil. we didn't need to comb out the eggs because it killed the eggs. it's been over a month now and they haven't returned.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #13
(female)

Pagegurl HB User

My granddaughter got those little critters and what worked for her was vegetable oil (olive oil works great too). After leaving in for over an hour, we washed the hair with shampoo and combed for 2 hours. Worth it too! No more lice and no more nits. PTL!!!!!!

I'll have to try the cream rinse if this happens again.

Hysterectomy: April, 1996
Thyroidectomy: Jan, 2002
Oophorectomy: April, 2008
Cholecystectomy: Aug, 2009

Old 08-30-2005, 03:32 AM   #14
(female)

cluelessfemale HB User

Use gas! Put gas all over your hair. After 20-30 minutes, rinse it well. Be sure that the water from your head treated with gas will not hit your eyes. Then use nit comb afterwards.

Or you can use vinegar. Wet your hair with vinegar then wrap it with a shower cap. When your hair is about to dry, comb it with nit comb. Then Rinse your hair.

Always use nit comb then comb and comb. Spread a white cloth and let the lice drop at the white cloth then kill the lice by crashing it with your thumbfinger nail.

If you can dare, shave your head. That is the fastest way of combating lice. Cutting your hair short also helps.

To avoid re-infestation. Do not borrow combs or let anybody borrow your comb. Don't sleep with anybody or sleep in the bed of person who has lice or don't sleep with anybody or let them sleep in your bed when you are still infested especially sleeping with a long hair.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:43 AM   #15
(female)

veelveta HB User

gasoline?

if you use Moov Hair Lice Shampoo you don't need to comb them out. honest. (and it's all natural)

Last edited by veelveta; 09-01-2005 at 03:46 AM.

Closed Thread