It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Could an infected tooth be the cause of my troubles?

I have been feeling unwell for about the last 7 years or so. I have horrible allergies, and symptoms of Candida. Recently I posted about silver fillings, because I was told some of mine were falling apart and needed replacing. About 2 weeks ago I had the first 2 replaced (with resin fillings) plus I had a front tooth filled that my previous dentist about 5 years ago said was a receding gum line, but this new dentist said it was tooth decay.

Anyway, a day after the fillings, I got a chest cold. I NEVER get chest colds, just head colds and sinus infections. But I had just recently been on an airplane, and we know how germy they can be so I didn't think much of it. Three days later,I went on vacation, (another plane ride) and it morphed into bronchitis. Since I didn't want to ruin my vacation, I broke down and got antibiotics, despite my Candidia. After a few days on them, I was feeling very good, better than I have in a while. And then I noticed my tongue. The thick, furry white patches have disappeared! I have been on anitbiotics many times for sinus infections and have NEVER seen this happen. My tongue looks healthier than it has in years. I can't believe it.

So now I am wondering if I had an infected tooth/teeth all this time. Maybe some bacteria got in my chest while he was drilling? I know the plane rides might have caused my bronchitis, but I travel quite a bit, and it seems to me that the dentist appointment has something to do with all this. I still have 6 other silver fillings, so I can't imagine that it is the filling removal that has caused this. Can removing only 2 out of 8 silver fillings bring such dramatic results? I get my next 2 fillings replaced next Friday.

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: Could an infected tooth be the cause of my troubles?

It seems obvious to me that dental work can cause bacteria to enter into the respiratory system via drilling and inhaling the toxins, so yes I believe strongly there is a connection.

Colds however are viral so that brings up another question all together.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: Could an infected tooth be the cause of my troubles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant
It seems obvious to me that dental work can cause bacteria to enter into the respiratory system via drilling and inhaling the toxins, so yes I believe strongly there is a connection.

Colds however are viral so that brings up another question all together.

Yes, I totally agree with you. And I am starting to think that perhaps I never had a virus, and that it just took a while for the bronchitis to worsen to the point where I felt the need for an antibiotic.

It would be so awesome if I have actually discovered a root cause for some my troubles. Of course I will always probably have allergies, but if they can go back to being a nuscience, rather than me feeling ill all the time, I would be so happy!

Closed Thread