It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
(female)

goldenseal HB User
Benefits of drinking lemon juice

Does anyone know the benefits of drinking lemon juice?

Old 08-12-2005, 02:58 AM   #2
Inactive

Michael01 HB User
Re: Benefits of drinking lemon juice

I use fresh squeezed lemon along with other ingredients as a liver cleanser.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Lemon water also surpresses your appetiate. Whenever I do fasts I drink a lot of it throughout the day and it is very effective as an appetiate supressant.

Old 08-12-2005, 07:43 AM   #4
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

Armandillo Pie: Very interesting post. I'm planning a 7 day water fast this winter so your post is very timely. I never knew this particular benefit of drinking lemon juice. Wish I had know this on the three fasts that I did years ago. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Gald I could provide some info. Michael, I have done many fasts, some at my home and some at We Care, a fasting/cleansing spa out in the California Desert. It was there that I discovered the benefits of lemon water. They had us drink a lot of it throughout the day ( also they added fresh peppermint leaves for digestion). It not only invigorated me, but made the fasting so much easier. Good luck,

Old 08-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
(female)

goldenseal HB User

armadillo pie... i know this is off the topic of lemon juice... but do you have any tips/suggestions on fasting and its benefits? i'm also looking into fasting...

Old 08-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #7
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Goldenseal, I am no expert on fasting even though I have had much experience with it.

I think you have to first pioritoze what the fast is for. Are you doing a general cleansing of your system? Or are you focusing on a specific area, such as liver, or kidney, or allergies, etc ? By the way liver cleanses are better in the Spring.
Because I have found a general fasting/cleasning is abit different from a specific type of fasting.

For a general fasting, it is important to set the environment up. No distractions, no stress, no temptations. You want to make it as easy as possible on yourself. If you are going to be under stress, then I would suggest to hold off till calmer times are availble. Also set a time you want to fast for- 3 days -5 days, etc.

You also want to do some sort of physical activity every day during the fast- be it yoga or walking, but nothing stenuous. It is important to have your body eliminating toxins and movement is highly recommended. Just do not do anything stressful. I always go on nice long slow walks or do yoga and streches everyday.

Drink lots and lots of liquid throughout the day, be it water ( with lemon and peppermint sprigs) or clear broths- keep yourself hydrated- this also helps fend off hunger.

Also clean out your bowels. Take herbal formulas that clean you out- you want to get rid of all the stuff in your colon. I like Dr. Schulz' products for this ( check on line- he is amazing as is his products- Intestine #1 and 2). You want to clean out you system and also your colon- so a clay for this is good. Some people go in for colonics during a fast as well. That is an option.

If you are getting off coffee at this time, a good subsitute is Yeba Mate Tea- it will help with the caffine withdrawls.

Treat yourself well durng a fast- this is really important. read, meditate, take baths with herbal formulas in them to help your skin detox, sweat, do things that are good for you. If you can stay home and not work during a fast then I suggest that. Remember this is a time for internal and emotionally cleansing. In my opinion a fast is not to be taken lightly such as an excuse to drop 5 pounds! If you have clear intentions during a fast it will be easier and more effective and you can really reap the benefits. I always find during and after a fast I see colors more vividly and I feel full of energy.

After the fast, slowy introduce food into your system. Add cooked vegetables, soups , salads, nothing to hard on your system. It will not like that.

I won't go into it now, but other fasts, ie,. liver, kidneys, etc. may require certain herbal preparations that speed the cleansing of these organs.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #8
(female)

zer0hour HB User

I'm on the second day of a 5 day fast. I'm currently over weight over stressed and a chain smoker. i havent had a cig since the night before the fast. i'm also doing it along with cleansing. i'm using first cleanse a mild first timers full body cleanse and then in 2 days a more specific parasite bowl cleanser..lol... it weird how excited you and get about this stuff, my best friend is sick of hearing about my potential bowl movements so its nice to have health boards.. anyways back to the topic. I agree that lemon juice is an appetite suppressant. i bought a cheap little juicer from wall mart.. 3 bucks.. and fresh squeeze one lemon every morning and put it in my frist glass of water for the day. the first day was breezy . i took a weak off work so when i felt grumpy i would try to nap. but got no sleep last night what so-ever. i stock piled books for my inner expedition. fat flush it has some good drink ideas, cran juice and water for fasting extra,... and a raw dieters guide,..

Old 08-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #9
(female)

goldenseal HB User

armadillo pie... thank you SO much for all the tips! The thing is, I'm only 17... I'm just wondering if that should be any reason to not go on a fast. Ha Zer0hour... I too get overly excited when starting any new health regimen or diet (not in the sense of losing weight)... i can only imagine what I will be like when I fast (if i fast.. which I most likely will). Care to share how the process is going for you?

Well... back to lemon juice... are there any other benefits besides appetite suppressant/vit C?

Old 08-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Cure-ious HB User

I drink it for the internal cleansing, the Vitamin C of course, and the slimming properties. But, it is best to use organic if you can, sip it with a straw, and chase it down with filtered watered (swish around in your mouth before swallowing the water, as lemon juice can reek havoc on teeth enamel). Good health!

Closed Thread