It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
(male)

prague HB User
Help with herbs and homeopathic remedies

Hello,
I am interested in all this stuff and want to get started on taking things that will help my overall well-being. I have gone to a website which I will not advertise that has a very good database of ailments and the herbal / homeopathic cures (with ratings) and I have narrowed the list to several different herbs.

here is what I wish to take:

1.Ginko Biloba - for memory
2.Milk Thistle - for my liver
3.Velerian - only when i cannot sleep
4.Adrographis - for my immune system
5.l-carnitine - for my heart (i dont have any problems but it cant hurt right?)
6.acetyle-l-carnitine - for memory and its overall affect on the body
7.magnesium - for its overall affect
8.vinopectine - memory
fish oil - for kidney and overall affect.

Ok. So I want to take all of them (unless the affects are double then I don't know which to take, for example either Ginko or vinopectine?). I ask you this, are these good? Are these bad to take with eachother? Are any of these really harmful? How do you feel about these? Can you recommend something better? Basically just give me your opinion, most importantly tell me if there is something better and if I cannot take some of these with eachother. Also, if you know the prefered amount that would be great too.

Thanks.

Oh, also anyone know good homeopathic remedies for anxiety and male libido? <-- or herbs.

Last edited by prague; 11-21-2005 at 09:13 PM.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Re: Help with herbs and homeopathic remedies

Start with a few, if no problems, then gradually add more. You'll have more of a problem finding quality herbs, then problems with the stuff you have listed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
(male)

prague HB User
Re: Help with herbs and homeopathic remedies

oh and thanks for the pointers. I will try these first:

Milk Thistle , Acetyl-L-catnitine and fish oil. If all is goes good I will add Ginko biloba then, Andrographis.

I also take a time released multivitamin.

Does anyone know which is better for memory? Ginko Biloba or Vinpocetine (or another)?

Thanks

Oh also I will buy velerian for those nights i can't sleep. And if someone can recommend something to take before going on a plane to either put me to sleep really fast or decrease anxiety that would be appreciated.

Last edited by prague; 11-22-2005 at 09:58 AM.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: Help with herbs and homeopathic remedies

I think omega 3 fish oil is best for memory. I like and take Carlson Super Omega 3, soft gels -- 1000 mg

Last edited by Harry; 11-22-2005 at 11:57 AM.

Closed Thread