It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

thisday HB User
My medicine is killing me.

What do you do when the side effects of the medication you are taking is making your life miserable. This is the case of my mother she is taking enough medication to start her own pharmacy. She has been battling with side effects for three years now and has been to the doctors and hospitals numerous times but all that happens is that her medication is altered or she is given more. At the moment she is on the following:

Glyceryl Trinitrate
Nifedipidine
Atenolol
Atorvastatin
Bendroflumethiazide
Trazodone
Zolpidem
Levothroxine
Doxazosin

The side effects that she is experiencing range from dizziness to a pulse of 48. The doctors do not seem to care.
If anyone out there can help, please she canít go on like this.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
(female)

ohio1968 HB User
Smile Re: My medicine is killing me.

thisday,
i can feel your pain. my husband had a same problem like your mother dizziness & fatigue. we go to the hospitals & go to the doctor
so many times. No one knows what was wrong with my husband. he even had a brain cat scan & MRI. nothing come up.
everything was normal. some one at his work told him to change his blood pressure medicine.
Finally one day he go to our family doctor & ask him for another blood pressure medicine.
Now he is taking Lisinopril Tab. he start with 5mg now he is on 10mg Tab. he is lot better. he was battling with his problem more than 6 years. Good Luck to your mother.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2006, 04:27 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: My medicine is killing me.

I do not know what all of these medications serve, but have you thought about researching some alternative protocols to replace (at least) some of these medications? I will not take allopathic potions for this very reason and . . . that I think they create further imbalances in the body. Since you are posting on the Alternative board I would think there must be some interest already there in pursuing this path. Maybe a Naturopath or Holistic doctor could best advise how to do this.

Last edited by peregrine; 02-18-2006 at 04:29 AM.

Closed Thread