It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
(female)

kristynadeau HB User
Flank/back pain treatment?

I've been experiencing some flank/back pain now for about 5 months. The doctors say that it may be a musculoskeletal strained muscle. It hurts continuously, expecially when I'm sitting down. The pain is a dull ache that just never goes away. It pulses from my right flank, and radiates around to my back and up the right side of my spine. I've been taking Aleve and Advil, plus I've been using a heating pad. But nothing seems to really help the pain. Even muscle relaxers don't help it. Does anybody have any ideas as to what may treat this pain, or help heal a musculoskeletal injury??

Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
(male)

Barrygood HB User
Thumbs up Re: Flank/back pain treatment?

Hello.....You never mentioned whether or not you were in a fall or other accident of some kind. Regardless, you do have pain and discomfort in the flank area that is radiating to other parts. This is symptomatic of an inflammatory process going on and is causing the pain. I would seek "natural" anti-inflammatories like ginger, Omega 3 Fish oils, Bromelain and others. I would also seek an experienced and well qualified Physical Therapist and/or Rhematologist with University affiliations.

The Following User Says Thank You to Barrygood For This Useful Post:
Augustusine (02-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2006, 05:57 AM   #3
(female)

kristynadeau HB User
Re: Flank/back pain treatment?

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, I was never in any sort of accident, or anything of that kind. The pain just started one day while I was jumping up and down on a mini trampaline. It went away, but then a few minutes later, I jogged in place and noticed the pain again. It's been with me ever since. "natural" inflammatories seem to help? I've been using just aleve/advil and muscle relaxers, but nothing seems to really help my pain.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
(male)

greensky HB User
Re: Flank/back pain treatment?

If you want something natural, instead of Advil and muscle relaxers, you could try White Willow Bark. It's a pain killer and anti-inflammatory. White willow bark is your natural aspirin and is still a drug but with less side effects. You can get it as tablets, tincture or tea. I have found the tea works best for me.

As a muscle relaxant you could try a magnesium and calcium supplement. One of the types you dissolve in hot water gives you a quick and high absorption.

To help heal a muscle strain you could try an ice pack.

Closed Thread