It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #1

Red23xx HB User
Lightbulb Alternative Medicine in Impotence

Has anyone had any experience in treating male impotence with alternative medicine?

Please share.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User
Re: Alternative Medicine in Impotence

is it linked to stress/ emotional problems, or hormonal?

alex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #3

Red23xx HB User

i am honestly not sure, I am going to tke a bood test soon to xcheck hormone levels.

However I find that when I am totally relaxed, and not thinking about the problem I achieve it better

Old 06-17-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
(male)

Guy1341 HB User

if you achieve it better when you're not thinking about it, then I would guess it's stress/emtional and not hormonal. Which in my experience is harder to treat than hormonal. Try to relax and not worry about it is easier said than done. If you're stressing about rising to the occasion, then it's not going to happen. Have you tried some relaxing excersies?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:28 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

for stress related impotence i'd say the best bet is ginseng. it acts to improve the bodies reaction to stressors and helps to instill a feeling of well being. it has a mild testosterone effect in the body and also increases the amount of nitric oxide produced, which is the hormone asscociated with the engorgement of the penis to achieve an erection. another good bet is jasmine essential oil. it is a relaxing essential oil, which improves feelings of self confidence/ self esteem (feelings of inadequacy or fear are often linked to sexual disfunction) but is also a tonic to the male reproductive system, and so works well as an aphrodisiac both on an amotional and hormonal level.

just to get the whole picture, is it stress or more depression/ anxiety- this may make a difference to what may be best?
do you take any supplements at all (some can adversely affect sex drive, eg. 5-HTP in excess)?

alex.

Last edited by ratboy83; 06-19-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #6

Red23xx HB User

I actually took sports supplements for a while in highschool, probably for about 1.5 years and I suspect that might be a factor in my problem.

I was on twin lab diet fuel, and when I was on it I did notice sexual side effects which did not appear when I was not on it.

I actually have never heard of jasmin oil, where is to be used total body?

Old 06-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

what was the formulation of that exactly? what makes you think that it had a adverse effect in that regard?

as for the jasmine oil. the best way to use it is through massage with a base oil. this adds to the whole experience as your partner can massage it into your skin. alternatively, taking a bath together with the jasmine diluted in some whole milk is also a good way of using it. alongside this, one drop in a oil burner in the bedroom can act as an additional method for use. its expensive as essential oils go, but you only have to use a tenth of the amount of other oils so you can but smaller bottles of it as only a tiny amount is needed at a time. i would recommend researching into it further if you think it may be beneficial.

alex.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #8

Red23xx HB User

I noticed when I was taking the pills I was not able to have as many consecutive erections as I would while I was not onthem.

Does anyone recommend anybooks for anxiety/pschological problems?

Closed Thread