I was just diagnosed with Reflux by my ENT who put me on the little purple pill. Around the same time I had a yeast infection and starting having problems with tonsiloliths and a white coating on my tongue. Tests revealed I'm very low on "good bacteria". As a result my regular doctor suggested Culturelle, a probiotic.. she said to take 2 three times a day. I noticed on their website the instructions are 1x a day! Is it possible to take too much? I also eat yogurt daily..
Culturelle contains only 1 friendly bacteria. As you may know it is a patented type discovered by 2 doctors at Tuffs University. It recolonizes the intestines and I don't think you can take too much. It along with a good brand of yogurt that contains many cultures will help.
Culturelle is very good but only one of many bacteria that inhabit the gastrointestinal tract.
There is over 400 different bacteria there-- you may need some types also???