It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

littlegirl53 HB User
chronic fatigue

A friend was just diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. Does anyone have any advice for her? Thanks

Old 08-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User
Re: chronic fatigue

One idea is to see if it is Lyme disease, because sometimes it is misdiagnosed. [DELETED]

Alterntative treatments for Lyme or chronic fatigue would be the salt-c protocol (info on the web) or Rife machines.

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-23-2006 at 10:55 PM. Reason: do not post info on how to find websites

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi there LG,

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is very complex. It is often difficult, but most helpful, to figure out what has triggered the CFS. Sometimes Lyme, sometimes a stealth virus -- and there are other causes as well.

I highly recommend the book, From Fatigued to Fantastic, by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD. This book has over 400 pg. of thoughtful commentary on medical, alternative, and self-help measures for those w/CFS and/or fibromyalgia. The author is himself a sufferer, and has oriented his clinical practice to research on effective treatment for these conditions. I found my first copy of this book at the public library, but it was so helpful I ended up purchasing the most recent edition.

Best wishes.

Last edited by elmhar; 09-04-2006 at 08:14 AM.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

littlegirl53 HB User

Thanks so mucy - I will pass this info on to my friend.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
(female)

care_berry HB User

I suggest that you tell her to get adrenal and pituitary glands checked out. Maybe the thyroid as well. Also, has she gotten her hormone levels checked? From what I understand, when these different glands in the body aren't working correctly, they can cause a number of problems, such as fatigue. Maybe suggest she see a naturapath. If they are out of balance, a naturapath may give homeopathic supplements to help get her energy back. A naturapath may also suggest diet changes so that these types of problems don't happen anymore. Hope this helps!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:54 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

I agree with raylp. A very high percentage of those diagnosed with CFIDS are later, with proper testing, found to have Lyme Disease. CFIDS, then, is felt to be a symptomology of Lyme, as are many other illnesses these days - Lupus, MS, ALS ... and the list goes on. You could do research on Lyme to find out how widespread this disease is becoming.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:13 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra brulee View Post
Definately Lyme is pretty widespread (most common tickbourne illness in the US) but don't you have to be bitten?
sb
Many people who test positive for Lyme don't remember the bite. Also, other insects, like mosquitoes and flys for instance, can also transmit the spirochete.

Ballady

Old 01-31-2007, 03:36 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Many doctors overlook the thyroid, which regulates the bodies entire metabolism. Fatigue is a main symptom of a thyroid problem, which is what i have. Please make sure this is checked.

Closed Thread