It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
(male)

SkuNumbers HB User
Question Acupuncture

Does acupuncture actually work? Can anyone describe their experiences with acupuncture for me because I am dying to try it. I frequently suffer from viral throat infections and I have read that acupuncture is effective in treating such a problem.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
(male)

ghiapaul HB User
Re: Acupuncture

I have had acupuncture numerous times. I had a shoulder injury that it was very helpful for. I also suffer from kidney stones. My doctor has used acupuncture to calm my kidneys. I don't know what it does, but the pain - and kidney stone pain is unbelieveable - went away. A nice alternative to drugs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
(male)

Darwin58 HB User

I have had good experiences with acupuncture.

I had Viral pneumonia and I was very sick. The MD's kept giving me more and more antibiotics so I was getting sicker. Then I started in on acupuncture.

I was in the office having gotten needles stuck into me, I passed out almost right away after the acupuncturist left the room. I was surrounded by bright light, and noises sounded very distant.

At this point I was way out of any awareness of self or body.

Then all of a sudden a shooting pain in my achillies heel, then I heard the acupuncturist come in and I felt a discharge. The acupuncturist said he had never seen anything like it, but the needle on my foot discharged a blue electric spark well over 14 inches.

I can say that I have had acupuncture a handful of times, and the body high I experience from it is similar to the feeling after skydiving.

So far as general well being I have seen more use of pulsed magnetic therapy in my own life, but acupuncture has been a good solution for some of my accute problems.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

I have been getting acupuncture to treat a variety of things including MS and Type I diabetes. It has been very successful for me. I have had some very powerful experiences with it.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #5
(female)

jenniferc16 HB User

I get acupuncture for anxiety/depression. I have had anxiety for a long time, but have never been depressed. Then, lo and behold... depression came. I felt so low. I was at my wits end and even considered going on anti-depressants. I am very against medication and scared of the side effects, so I tried acupuncture. It worked! That hopeless feeling is gone! I still go regularly for "maintenance" to deal with the anxiety.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #6
(female)

stephanie867 HB User

I went for acupuncture for anxiety and panic attacks. The initial feeling was great, but then I broke out in a tremendous rash all over my body. The acupuncturist said I had a lot of bad "chi" in my body and it was coming out. She said she'd never seen such a bad rash, but she called the person in China who taught her and he told her that it does happen sometimes, especially if there's a lot of stress/anger/whatever built up in the body, it needs to come out somehow.

I didn't believe her and went to the ER because I was scared. BIG mistake on my part. They put me on steriods which started a whole chain of pretty nasty events.

HOWEVER...I do think that it worked, because my anxiety level since then has gone way down. I have not done acupuncture again, but have gone for acupressure and Reiki.

Will I do acupuncture again if I need it? Yes, absolutely. But I'll be more prepared this time and will listen to what she says.

Closed Thread