It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

numbcy HB User
Attempting a 60 day fresh juice fast...lking for others doing a fast...for support

Hi there,

I am looking for others who are attempting/doing a juice fast. I am looking for others to talk to who are going through the same thing as me, willingly of course. It's just such a difiicult thing to do alone and I am hoping to find others who are attempting a juice fast, as well, whether you're trying for a week, a month, or more . . . doesn't matter.

I am attempting a 60 day juice fast. I am on my 7th day now, and all the food looks so good! . . . and juicing fresh vegetables and fruits is so time consuming. And I get so hungry and so terribly envious of the people around me when they eat. lol.

Anyone else going through this? Anyone else fasting? Looking for support to help me "stay on the wagon". Hopefully, I can help you, as well!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Attempting a 60 day fresh juice fast...lking for others doing a fast...for suppor

I'm not, but I will support you! Why are you doing a juice fast? How many do you drink a day? Do you prefer vegetable juice or fruit juice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

numbcy HB User
Re: Attempting a 60 day fresh juice fast...lking for others doing a fast...for suppor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006 View Post
I'm not, but I will support you! Why are you doing a juice fast? How many do you drink a day? Do you prefer vegetable juice or fruit juice?
I'm doing a juice fast to try to let my digestive system rest and give it a chance to heal. I have had a disabling digestive illness for just over a year now (6 years before that I had it, but it wasn't disabling yet). I've been to 100's of doctors' appointments in the last year and no one has been able to find anything or diagnose me. So, now I am attempting to heal myself. I know that juice fasts are not dangerous and are embarked on almost daily in other countries, for all sorts of diseases. Foriegn doctors even prescribe juice fasts sometimes.

I drink 8 ounces of juice every 30 minutes - 1 hour, throughout the entire day. Which means I am stuck at my house, always. That becomes a little frusterating, because I have no adult interaction. I'm not able to go anywhere because if I wait longer than an hour to juice, I get very, very hungry and food begins to look extremely tempting.

My juice is always made of the same thing: 2 medium carrots, 1 stalk of celery, 1/3 of a cucumber, 1/4 of a large apple, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. I'm thinking of adding some ginger, cyanne pepper, and/or garlic because they are all supposed to be very cleansing.

Honestly, I prefer fruit juice, but fruit has too much sugar in it and seems to have a bad affect, on me anyway. In fact, even the apple in my juice sometimes gives me a bad affect, but it tastes so gross without it. Lol.

I'm on my 8th day now. Every day seems so long . . .

But, I won't go on being disabled for the rest of my life. I need to get well. I am attempting to give myself another chance at a normal life. I will do this. My family discourages me intentionally and that is why I am looking for support here. I am going to do this!

Last edited by numbcy; 12-30-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Many people only understand conventional medicine and they put all of their trust into our doctors, but in truth we are brainwashed in a way to believe the only drugs and surgery is the answer. I think it is great that you are listening to what other countries do to heal their people. Many people don't understand that drugs are toxic and they don't use anything that can't be patented. Therefore, they is nothing natural in a drug. The metals and other toxins that are in them build up in our bodies and eventually we get sick, have a down immune system, or get some type of disease.

If you have to, just do not discuss it with your family. I had a baby in 2006 and I decided to go drug/intervention free. I did not need drugs for the sake of my pain and risk the side effects to myself and my baby and I wanted to be able to feel myself and be able to walk afterwards. I had many people try to discourage me, it is horrible. They don't even know what they are talking about, they just claimed that I HAD to get an epidural because it was HEAVEN and they could giggle, or even nurses tried to talk me out of it.....??? It somewhat angers me to this day, but I did it all on my own with a midwife and one nurse in the hospital. So, my point is, I understand when people try to talk you out of something, because when the pain got really bad during labor I thought of all the people who thought I couldn't do it and it helped me through, because I showed them and also had the end result I wanted.

Anyways, you must be cutting vegetables and apples all day! Do you cut them once for the rest of the day or are you in the kitchen every hour doing it? lol, I know it must be difficult, but in the end it will be worth it, you may have your health. I am not sure exactly what your condition is, have you looked into other alternative ways to heal yourself? Do you have any naturopathic/holistic doctors in your area? I hope this works out for you! Talk to you soon!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
(female)

VA_girl HB User

I haven't done a juice fast, but I've had to do very very strict diets for natural healing. It is a very lonely process but worth it. Have you ever heard of a "castor oil pack"? It's supposed to be very, very healing for abdominal pain and digestion related problems. I swear by them, some of the "holistic" centers and spa's around VA have them. I've used them to help myself a few years ago with a seizure disorder (along with diet) and I still use them a few times a month if I get a stomache ache or just feel "off". I have a lot of digestion problems too, and hope you keep us posted on how the juice fast is going. There are so many fasts and cleanses out there it's hard to decide what to do. But hang it there, feeling great in the end is worth it!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Is the castor oil contained in the pack? I can't imagine it, but I am HPV negative, but have had cervical dysplasia for nearly 2 years. After my January 10th appointment if nothing has changed I am turning to an herbal tea and an herbal tampon soak, you steep a tampon in herbs. A recommendation was also castor oil packs too, but I never used them and I don't know much about it.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
(female)

numbcy HB User

Quote:
Many people only understand conventional medicine and they put all of their trust into our doctors, but in truth we are brainwashed in a way to believe the only drugs and surgery is the answer. I think it is great that you are listening to what other countries do to heal their people. Many people don't understand that drugs are toxic and they don't use anything that can't be patented. Therefore, they is nothing natural in a drug. The metals and other toxins that are in them build up in our bodies and eventually we get sick, have a down immune system, or get some type of disease.

If you have to, just do not discuss it with your family. I had a baby in 2006 and I decided to go drug/intervention free. I did not need drugs for the sake of my pain and risk the side effects to myself and my baby and I wanted to be able to feel myself and be able to walk afterwards. I had many people try to discourage me, it is horrible. They don't even know what they are talking about, they just claimed that I HAD to get an epidural because it was HEAVEN and they could giggle, or even nurses tried to talk me out of it.....??? It somewhat angers me to this day, but I did it all on my own with a midwife and one nurse in the hospital. So, my point is, I understand when people try to talk you out of something, because when the pain got really bad during labor I thought of all the people who thought I couldn't do it and it helped me through, because I showed them and also had the end result I wanted.

Anyways, you must be cutting vegetables and apples all day! Do you cut them once for the rest of the day or are you in the kitchen every hour doing it? lol, I know it must be difficult, but in the end it will be worth it, you may have your health. I am not sure exactly what your condition is, have you looked into other alternative ways to heal yourself? Do you have any naturopathic/holistic doctors in your area? I hope this works out for you! Talk to you soon!
Alexa,

Your words are very encouraging. Thank you so much for understanding. You are so right about how all the people who don't think you can do it can actually help you through it; to stick to it even more. I never really thought of it that way. And, I am also so glad that someone finally understands and agrees about the medicines and American way of "doctoring". It is killing us. It is all chemicals, as you said. And, they even discourage anything natural. I have told doctors about my beliefs in natural healing instead of "covering up the symptoms" and they seem to get very angry with me and shoo me out of their office as if I've just uncovered some big secret or something and they don't want anyone else to know. I don't know. I've been treated very badly by doctors, mainly because the disease I have has not shown any visible causes and so they either think that I am not really sick or are just frusterated that they really don't know everything/anything. Either way, it's bad for me. So, now I am doing it on my own. I have done so much research on juice fasting and, even though I may not be doing it perfectly, I am definetly already seeing results. I did a 23 day juice fast earlier this year, in February, and mot of my symptoms dissapeared and I was almost living normally, so I tried to start eating again and my symptoms came back again. So, I decided that my minimum number of days, this time, should be 60 days, since that is the most "prescribed" amount of days by foriegn doctors. I will go up to 90 days . . . I'm not sure after that. lol. I guess I'll decide when I get to that point. I'm hoping I will be healed by then. Of course, it's not only about the juice fast, the hardest thing and one of the most essential things is how you begin eating again. I will probably have to eat baby food for at least a month after fasting for that long. It's SO HARD not to just eat everything in site that you've been "missing" for so long. Working your way back to food, just as slowly as the juice fast was, is one of the most difficult things to do. Everyone says: "It's not the fasting that's the hard part. It's the reintroducing of foods afterwards." Well, the fasting is already quite difficult and loney already but, like I said, I am getting results. I will finish this. No matter what anyone says. What's 3-6-9 months of my life compared to being able to live healthy for the rest of my life?!

Last edited by numbcy; 12-31-2007 at 08:34 AM.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
(female)

numbcy HB User

DAy 9: Have loads more energy than when I started. Able to move around the house, clean a little, play with my daughter some, and hold up a decent phone conversation, which used to completely wear me out. (I have been 90% bed-ridden for over a year now, so these things are wonderful to me. And I beleive it will only get better day by day. If this is day 9, I wonder what day 60 will be like?! I hope and pray that this is the answer. My daughter needs me. I need me.)

Last edited by numbcy; 12-31-2007 at 08:33 AM.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:34 AM   #9
(female)

numbcy HB User

Oh, and Alexa, if you want to know more about my symptoms and my disease, you can do a search on this site for my name "numbcy". Frankly, I'm just so tired of talking about it and trying to explain it. I am so sick of being sick. I'm ready to heal now!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wow, day 9 sounds good already. I will have to search to see what you went through. I really understand the doctor thing. People in general are blind believers in their doctors word. I am lucky enough that since the military we have had two medical doctors in a family practice that are okay with me seeking natural healing on my own or opting out of a vaccine for my daughter. I am going in for the cerival appointment in just over a week and I will tell my eccentric older female doctor - she is kinds neat and she has pink and white hair - that I plan on trying herbs. The information about about natural ways of healing are suppressed from us. Most of the natural ways to heal are natural from the earth and they cannot be patented, so the drug companies cannot make money from it. If people knew the real truth then the drug companies would be out of business. So, while they claim they are searching for cures, they will never be cures.

All you have to do is think of your health and how much better your body is going to feel when you get through this. I refuse to be fooled like you you refuse. I chuckled last night because for the past week my legs have felt restless everytime I relax on the couch. (Restless Leg Syndrome?!) So, I searched about it and I read what causes it so I can fix myself, because evidently I am lacking something to cause it to happen. I read THERE IS NO CURE! BUT, you CAN take a drug for it. Well, one of the causes can be low iron, well, I know I have not been eating the greatest the past few weeks and I tend to have low iron, so maybe that is the culrpit, but they are telling me there is no cure! lol Somedays I just can;t take it anymore!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:02 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User
Smile Re: Attempting a 60 day fresh juice fast...lking for others doing a fast...for suppor

All the power to you !!!
I have leaky gut syndrome and have been going through a tough which has contributed to my autoimmune disease similar to Rhum. Authritis. My holistic dr. is wonderful and confirmed several food allergies and to go on a really healthy diet. I do fruit smoothies ( wonderful ) and veggies and fish and chicken. That's basically it, along with lots of vitamins and herbs too. It's been a month and a week and i feel incredible !!! Lost weight and feel so energized !! It takes time to heal the intestines. I give you lots of credit for doing this for yourself !! My Rhum. dr. is so mad that i have gone to a holistic dr. to try to heal myself. I am trying to get off these terrible meds. that are so bad for me. When i told her that i am trying to reduce my meds. she told me " YOU ARE NEVER GONNA GET ANY BETTER! " My holistic dr. feels in time, with proper eating along with avoiding my allergic foods that i will be able to get off these meds and get well ! Md's have no clue... Good luck and hang in there !!!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:34 PM   #12
(female)

numbcy HB User

Quote:
Wow, day 9 sounds good already. I will have to search to see what you went through. I really understand the doctor thing. People in general are blind believers in their doctors word. I am lucky enough that since the military we have had two medical doctors in a family practice that are okay with me seeking natural healing on my own or opting out of a vaccine for my daughter. I am going in for the cerival appointment in just over a week and I will tell my eccentric older female doctor - she is kinds neat and she has pink and white hair - that I plan on trying herbs. The information about about natural ways of healing are suppressed from us. Most of the natural ways to heal are natural from the earth and they cannot be patented, so the drug companies cannot make money from it. If people knew the real truth then the drug companies would be out of business. So, while they claim they are searching for cures, they will never be cures.

All you have to do is think of your health and how much better your body is going to feel when you get through this. I refuse to be fooled like you you refuse. I chuckled last night because for the past week my legs have felt restless everytime I relax on the couch. (Restless Leg Syndrome?!) So, I searched about it and I read what causes it so I can fix myself, because evidently I am lacking something to cause it to happen. I read THERE IS NO CURE! BUT, you CAN take a drug for it. Well, one of the causes can be low iron, well, I know I have not been eating the greatest the past few weeks and I tend to have low iron, so maybe that is the culrpit, but they are telling me there is no cure! lol Somedays I just can;t take it anymore!
Yeah, I know, the pharmicutical industry is the most profitable in the county bringing in billions a year! Right up there with gasoline and food! Well, the special I watched on TV a while ago said that it was the most profitable anyway. But, anyway, that is the same thing I do when I have a symptom or a problem. I look it up to find the real cause of it, so that I can actually fix it. You get on a drug and you're never allowed to stop taking it again. I can't stand covering things up. It has to be fixed, in my eyes. Drugs may be able to help ease some symptoms, but always have side affects, and will just end up causing more illnesses later on in life, so that you have to take more drugs for that illness, then the drug you take for that illness ends up giving you another illness later on, and you just end up taking more and more and more drugs until you either run out of money or die! It's a sad cycle that needs to be broken. And I think it's absolutely horrible/heartless/greedy/selfish that the owners of pharmicutical companies know that they are hurting people and even killing people and they don't even care . . . all for the love of money. Things like cancer didn't even exist until people started putting chemicals into their bodies (form drugs and food).

Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 PM   #13
(female)

numbcy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatishappening View Post
My Rhum. dr. is so mad that i have gone to a holistic dr. to try to heal myself. I am trying to get off these terrible meds. that are so bad for me. When i told her that i am trying to reduce my meds. she told me " YOU ARE NEVER GONNA GET ANY BETTER! " My holistic dr. feels in time, with proper eating along with avoiding my allergic foods that i will be able to get off these meds and get well ! Md's have no clue... Good luck and hang in there !!!
So, you've had experience with doctor's getting mad at you for trying different things, as well. I don't know if doctors truley know the danger of prescription drugs; I don't think they're actually filled in on all the information. They went to school and were taught that "this is the way", so that's what they believe. And, of course they are going to get mad if you try to get off of drugs and try to actually heal, for good . . . because they get a percent of every drug they prescribe. They want people to be sick, so that they can keep on prescribing drugs and keep on making money. If we all figure out how to really heal ourselves, then a lot of people would lose a lot of money. In fact, it may even be a poor country. But, at least it would be a poor, happy, healthy country! Lol.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
(male)

welltempered HB User

I have done fasts in the past and found that too much juice causes your blood sugar to spike and it leaves you feeling hungry after a while. Very similar to what happens with processed carbs. I would try doing more veggie, and use roots veggies to sweeten the drink. Kale, wheetgrass, ect... mixed with beet, carrot, and cut with water. My past experiences are that I don't really feel hungry after day 2. Are you cutting you drinks with water?
8 days is great, don't give up.
I am starting a 7 day fast on Friday.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #15
(female)

numbcy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by welltempered View Post
I have done fasts in the past and found that too much juice causes your blood sugar to spike and it leaves you feeling hungry after a while. Very similar to what happens with processed carbs. I would try doing more veggie, and use roots veggies to sweeten the drink. Kale, wheetgrass, ect... mixed with beet, carrot, and cut with water. My past experiences are that I don't really feel hungry after day 2. Are you cutting you drinks with water?
8 days is great, don't give up.
I am starting a 7 day fast on Friday.
Yeah, maybe that's why I actually seem to feel hungrier on about the 9th day. For the first few days, I wasn't really that hungry, but now that it's the 10th day, I am getting really hungry and pretty frusterated because I can't eat.

Unfortunately, I could only afford a spinning basket juicer, so I don't have much of a variety on what I can juice. I can't do kale or wheatgrass . . . I may be able to do beets, but they might be too juicy/soft. If you've done juicing before, I'm sure you know that the spinning basket juicers only juice hard fruits and vegetables, like apples, carrots, cucumber, and celery. So, do you have any ideas of what I could juice to lessen the sugar, that is compatible with a spinning basket juicer?

Also, I tried cutting my juice with water with a 10 day fast I did about 3 months ago and it tasted so disgusting! Lol. Also, it was so hard to down that much liquid at one time. It seemd that I was putting so much liquid in my stomach at one time, so often, that it wouldn't allow my stomach to shrink, in turn, making me even more hungry. So, I havn't had great experience with cutting it with water. I try to drink water in between, though (as much as I remember).

I need all the advice I can get! . . . And encouragement from anyone who wants to give it! Because, it is the 10th day now and this is getting really hard! I've got to do this!

Closed Thread