It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

amacarthur2 HB User
ouch, painful intestinal acid & gas

aarrgghhh.

I've suffered acid reflux at different times in the past ten years. I know the drill--go easy on caffeine, chocolate, and anything that's rich or contains a lot of acid. I was on meds for a while, but of course now I'm trying to avoid that. And I hadn't even had much of a problem with it recently.

Last night I got the worst attack ever. All I can figure is, it might have come on because of the big glass of orange juice I drank earlier in the day. It was burning and I could feel the trapped gas. All I wanted to do was burp and I couldn't, LOL. I resorted to my chewable antacids and it finally calmed down after a few hours. But if anyone knows of a more natural remedy, of course I'd be all ears (or eyes, anyway, in this case).

Thanks,
Lori

Last edited by amacarthur2; 01-08-2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: to take smiley out of message

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
(female)

Pat007 HB User
Re: ouch, painful intestinal acid & gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacarthur2 View Post
aarrgghhh.

I've suffered acid reflux at different times in the past ten years. I know the drill--go easy on caffeine, chocolate, and anything that's rich or contains a lot of acid. I was on meds for a while, but of course now I'm trying to avoid that. And I hadn't even had much of a problem with it recently.

Last night I got the worst attack ever. All I can figure is, it might have come on because of the big glass of orange juice I drank earlier in the day. It was burning and I could feel the trapped gas. All I wanted to do was burp and I couldn't, LOL. I resorted to my chewable antacids and it finally calmed down after a few hours. But if anyone knows of a more natural remedy, of course I'd be all ears (or eyes, anyway, in this case).

Thanks,
Lori
Try some chewable acidophilus in the morning.
I take garlic in pill form and it gives me severe gas. If I chew 1-2 tablets of acidophilus an hour or so before taking the garlic, it really does help.... I use Natures Bounty purchased at CVS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread