It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

tcmalt HB User
traditional chinese medicine

Has anyone tried traditional chinese medicine and had success with it? I'd love to hear any stories. I go to one and have had unbelievable success with anxiety, hair loss, acne, depression, digestion, and thyroid issues.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: traditional chinese medicine

I'm glad to hear that because I am thinking about doing it. The woman who my doctor referred me to does some sort of aromatherapy with essential oils, some accupressure and some sort of machine with an electrical stimulation. She doesn't do accupuncture.

I need this mostly for pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis and muscle aches. Also anxiety and depression.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

kellibear HB User

i've been considering this for my fibro--i already take a ton of supplements and herbs--can you tell us more about how this helped you? i've been thinking about acupuncture--any thoughts? thanks, robin

Old 08-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
(female)

tcmalt HB User

Hi--
It's helped me in a variety of ways and getting my body in balance...including anxiety, depression, stress, acne, yeast infections, sinus infections and hair loss. Since the goal of chinese medicine is to look at the body as a whole rather individual parts ...you fix one system in order to help another. I've learned more about how my body works since I've been going to this sort of practitioner than I ever did with western medicine...but maybe it's just my experience; however, I do know others who have the same story.

I will add if you decide to pursue this wholeheartedly, it's likely you're going to have to change lifestyle and eating habits as well to see results. The things I was doing that I thought were healthy I found out were not. I've had to make an entire life change.

Just make sure you have a skilled practitioner..and remember it will take a longer time to heal your body this way as you're healing the entire body. But you have to think of how long it took your body to get to a state of imbalance in the first place. Hope this helps.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

I have Type I diabetes and MS and I use both acupuncture and chinese herbal therapies and I swear by them. They have aided me in a variety of ways from relieving fatigue, correcting vision problems, digestive problems, rashes.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
(male)

adj2849 HB User

My problem with this type medicine is that it is not readily available to everyone. It is not widely know -- it is not regulated at least not here in the States. Where are the Practitioner and how do you find them as well as some information.

I know very little about it but if is Traditonal Chinese Medicine -- who controls it? But, it is not easy to find information about this type of Medicine.

And, if it so effective are the Chinese any better off than we are here in the USA??

aj

Old 08-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #7
(female)

tcmalt HB User

Good questions and I'm going to answer with my opinions. First of all not everyone in China believes in traditional chinese medicine and therefore aren't practicing it. They've gotten more westernized and I've heard b/c of that as a whole have gotten more ill. It doesn't matter to me if the supplements I'm taking aren't FDA approved. In my opinion I don't trust most of what the FDA says...it's all based on money and not what's best for mankind. Think about how the FDA approved silicone gel breast implants recently when a few years back they said implants with silicone were not safe. And there was something about not approving stevia...a plant based natural sugar....I don't think they approved stevia b/c of all of the aritficial sweeteners. Now the FDA is saying stevia is okay and coca-cola will be sweetening their soft drinks with it.

How many times now are we hearing that some synthetic drug many people were taking has serious side effects? OR listen to all of the commercials about the side effects of drugs they're advertising. It's just outrageous in my opionin. Drugs just fix one proplem area and do not address the whole body like Chinese medicine does. I do believe western medicine and drugs are beneficial but while using a more integrative approach...a best of both worlds per se with a mix of both East and West is best. One more thing Chinese medicine has been around for over 5000 years and has worked for centuries. In order to accept these principles though you must be open minded and not be "brainwashed" by western society...again my opinion...hope I'm not offending people. Additionally if you seek out this alternative approach you must be willing to change your diet and believe that food can heal...at least that's part of the Chinese medicine philosophy. You may find this funny but my practitioner is not from China and not Chinese.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
(female)

happyfoot17 HB User

to be a registered chinese medicine practitioner you have to have done a very difficult degree in it, there will be a list of registered practitioners if you look for it. I used itto get rid of psoriasis when western medicine was only letting it get worse, and they got rid of it in 4 months with TCM. But in saying that please don't see a bone setter, they are really bad...so nothing to do with bones except arthritis please. Definately a refreshing change from western medicine which tends to treat the symptoms and not the overall problem.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
(female)

brebre HB User

Tc, I am living witness that food and lifestyle changes will heal. Two months ago I came home from the hospital on 4 blood pressure meds, I am down to two. With continued good nutrition, I know I can beat this.

Bre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmalt View Post
Good questions and I'm going to answer with my opinions. First of all not everyone in China believes in traditional chinese medicine and therefore aren't practicing it. They've gotten more westernized and I've heard b/c of that as a whole have gotten more ill. It doesn't matter to me if the supplements I'm taking aren't FDA approved. In my opinion I don't trust most of what the FDA says...it's all based on money and not what's best for mankind. Think about how the FDA approved silicone gel breast implants recently when a few years back they said implants with silicone were not safe. And there was something about not approving stevia...a plant based natural sugar....I don't think they approved stevia b/c of all of the aritficial sweeteners. Now the FDA is saying stevia is okay and coca-cola will be sweetening their soft drinks with it.

How many times now are we hearing that some synthetic drug many people were taking has serious side effects? OR listen to all of the commercials about the side effects of drugs they're advertising. It's just outrageous in my opionin. Drugs just fix one proplem area and do not address the whole body like Chinese medicine does. I do believe western medicine and drugs are beneficial but while using a more integrative approach...a best of both worlds per se with a mix of both East and West is best. One more thing Chinese medicine has been around for over 5000 years and has worked for centuries. In order to accept these principles though you must be open minded and not be "brainwashed" by western society...again my opinion...hope I'm not offending people. Additionally if you seek out this alternative approach you must be willing to change your diet and believe that food can heal...at least that's part of the Chinese medicine philosophy. You may find this funny but my practitioner is not from China and not Chinese.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:22 AM   #10
(female)

betwon HB User

Happyfoot,

I saw on the "psoriasis" thread that you went to a CMD and cleared up your skin. Your location states HK, assuming Hong Kong? Could you please give me the address? I'm so desperate, I'm going to go back to HK for a treatment.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
(female)

craftygirl3 HB User

I am seeing an acupuncturist/chinese herbalist. I have TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) it is very painful, it effects the right side of my face.
western medicine had failed me and my only option was to have my cranial nerve cut, or become a PM client, as the anti seizure meds weren't working but making things worse.
so I started seeing her 4 months ago, and she does the acupuncture, and cupping, and scraping (it lets the heat out) and I am taking chinese herbs, and other alternative meds. they are actually working.
it is all out of pocket. the pain I was in was unbearable. I was locked in my room, dark and noiseless, as everything caused a flare up. it was not a magic cure first treatment, I felt worse, but I stuck with it, and look forward to going. and never want to run out of my herbs.
she isn't just treating the TN, but all of me.
it has been very important of late, with other symptoms showing up due to stress. she treats all of me.
it has changed my life.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
(female)

betwon HB User

I used to have severe psoriasis or eczema until I started to take this Chinese FPQ Herbal supplements. This supplement is designed for people who have psoriasis and bad skin diseases.

The affected skin on my body was thick, hard and scaly. While taking FPQ it did flare up for the first month, it was horrible - weeping, inflamed and infected. My thick skin gradually peeled off bit by bit in the second and third month and formed a new layer of ‘new born’ skin.

I’m still taking this supplement now, it’s been 5 months and my skin is almost cleared up. It is a little pricey, especially now-a-days the currency rate is not the best but it is worth it. I could finally wear shorts and skirts, the feeling is unbelievable. If you guys are suffering with psoriasis, TAKE IT.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-14-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites - use product names instead

Closed Thread